It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush commits another crime!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Ok, with commercials on tv, you see ones for Bush, against Bush, for Kerry, against Kerry, so forth. But in one for Bush, it starts as a news cast, saying things that Bush has done that are great. Problem is, it is not said to be a commericail, but a real news cast. It does not have the "I am George W. Bush, and I support this message" like the commercials are suppose to. People actually thought it was a newscast, and according to some rules, you can't do that! You have to tell the people it is a commercial, and that ou support it and what not, not disguise it as a news cast! Also, I know you don't have to tell the truth, but the "news cast" was so full of BuSh I was ready to plug my nose with old rotten skunk road kill to keep the smell out.

Well, BuSh Lovers, how about that? Bush has commited another crime. Hahahaha! Love BuSh, he makes it so easy for us smart, freedom loving, civil rights loving, and non-BuSh lovers people to dig up dirt on him.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I dont REALLY see how this is a crime...

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 04:20 PM
link   
How is this is a crime?

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 04:25 PM
link   
What does it matter that it was a crime or not?
Look at the outcome of the 2000 elections.
Wasn't that a crime?
And, since the current prez is in office because of THAT crime, why would one think him not capable of another.
Wait till the next major "national dilemna", the Constitution is suspended, martial law is declared, all police, firefighters, fish&game wardens, etc. put their FEMA patches on, and we have a national police force.
Interstates closed to "civilian" traffic, which they weren't originally intended for anyway, and all hell breaks loose.
LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 05:04 PM
link   
It's a crime cause it is a political campaign commercial, and since it is it is suppose to say as such. if it does not, they are breaking a law. All campaign commercials have to have the "I am whoever, I support this MESSEAGE!" While this commercial had none of that. It said it was a news break, and never said it was supported or not. This is illegal.

ST6

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Where are you finding these laws? I couldn't find anything pertaining to "I am whoever, I support this MESSEAGE!". Just wondering.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I have not seen it yet, but I'll bet that at the very end of it, there's a blurb or two about it being related to the campaign and that it was paid for by Bush as such ...

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 05:24 PM
link   
No you won't, it was taken off air. Also, it was on the ticker(thing at bottom) of CNN. I have no online info, just what I saw on CNN. And I didn't know about the law either, but turns out there is one.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I am not sure about the campaign/advertising laws either, and am trying to find out more solid info.

However, i think that political ads that end with "I'm joe candidate, and i approve of this message".....are NOT paid for by the candidates campaign, but made by groups that support that candidate, but recieve no $$ from that candidate....therfore they are required to "ok" the message with that stampat the end.

Actual campaign ads produced (and paid for) by the candidate's own $$ and people dont have to have this stamp, but usually have a small ID in printtelling you the ad was made by them.....

Ads can be made to look like anything without restrictions....but id agree that styling one to appear AS IF it was a legitimate piece of news is questionable. In fact, i heard about the ad in question before it ever aired, and still have yet to see it. (i may not as i feel the flap over this might cause them to yank it quickly)

The differance in the ad being paid for by the candidate or by an "independant" political group was part of the campaign finance reforms....this is in essence, a way to squeeze more money into a campaign without violating the current $$$ raising laws.

Ill see what i can do to find some links to substantiate these ideas Ive presented.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Seems Bush also did this on the IRS site and other Gov internet sites which are funded by the gov. I remember that. They had to pull them off fast cause it was all over CNN and other media sources, its not the first time he has tried to use dirty tactics for advertising.

top topics

join