It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government Data Imply High Immigrant Crime Rates; Findings Contradict Older Research Showing Low Rat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
interestalert.com...

WASHINGTON, Nov. 19 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Center for Immigration Studies has published a detailed report on immigration and crime based on a variety of recently released data, including some obtained through Freedom of Information Act requests. The newer government data implies that immigrants have relatively high rates of crime. This contradicts older academic research that generally found low rates of crime. The overall picture of immigrants and crime remains confused due to conflicting information and a lack of good data.

I don't know about you but this is what I suspected all along.This is without considering the fact that their all illegal to begin with.I would also think the numbers are worse than this just because it's got to be hard to gather info on a group that takes steps to remain undetected.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Not one reply?I thought it was interesting.This kind of stuff never gets reported by MSM

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I'm bringing back a thread that got no intrest in order to bring to light a problem no one is talking about.well her's the proof.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Ok, I'll reply.

It would not surprise me in the slightest to find the government/academia skewing crime figures with respect to immigrants. If the public were made aware of the true statistical data they would most certainly be screaming about immigrants more than they already do. It would seem like a case of "what you don't know can't hurt our agenda". We have seen the same thing in the UK (and other EU states) with the rise in immigration from eastern Europe and former Soviet countries. With them came the people trafficking, the prostitution, the fraud, the violent crime, the gangs, the rapes, the murders and so on. Of course mentioning this brings the liberals crawling out of the woodwork accusing everyone of racism/xenophobia.

IMO multiculturism, especially when forced, is a cancer.

Blair's think tank airbrushed link between crime and immigrants

Possible links between mass immigration and some crimes were censored from a keynote government report, the Standard can reveal.

The report originally contained passages highlighting the risk that organised criminals had exploited higher migration.

But they were taken out of the published version, a milestone study that shifted Labour policy towards encouraging economic migrants.

Published by the Home Office in 2001, the 80-page report - Migration, A Social and Economic Analysis - has been criticised for painting too a rosy picture of the impact of immigration. The draft shown to the Evening Standard reveals it went through several changes that removed paragraphs that could have been seized upon by critics.

The most striking was the removal of the section headed "Criminal behaviour", written as part of a chapter on the impact of migration.

It is understood that the passage on crime was removed because Downing Street was "nervous" that critics including extremists could seize on such candid remarks.
link

[edit on 4-12-2009 by fumanchu]

top topics

join