It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are ghost's real? Technically YES

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
What make's something real?
www.google.com...:real&ei=B0YFS8auNcKAnQeS2cXHCw&sa=X&oi=glossary_definition&ct=title&ved=0CAkQkAE

# being or occurring in fact or actuality; having verified existence; not illusory; "real objects"; "real people; not ghosts"; "a film based on real ... # real(a): no less than what is stated; worthy of the name; "the real reason"; "real war"; "a real friend"; "a real woman"; "meat and potatoes--I call that a real meal"; "it's time he had a real job"; "it's no penny-ante job--he's making real money"

let's dissect the definition to prove a point.
being or occurring in fact or actuality

Well if ya watched the video.. at the first..the ghost or what ever you want to call it..
Ask's "Hello is somebody there?"
That meant it was AWARE of other people or being's in the room it was in.
having verified existence; not illusory

at 3 min mark on video...they capture a full body ghost/being on a thermal camera..
If that isn't verifying the existence of ghost or something there that we refuse to accept what will be?

My point is There is 1000's of piece's of evidence to confirm..Yes..there is something we can not see but record with audio and video in some instance's.

So what must paranormal expert's do to confirm the existence of what ever is in this other plane of existence we can not grasp?

Ghost have been around for as long as human's have recorded history.
Relegion's ect..
like in the bible...
www.biblegateway.com...
Isaiah 29:4 Brought low, you will speak from the ground; your speech will mumble out of the dust. Your voice will come ghostlike from the earth; out of the dust your speech will whisper. Isaiah 29:3-5 Isaiah 29
Matthew 14:26 When the disciples saw him walking on the lake, they were terrified. "It's a ghost," they said, and cried out in fear. Matthew 14:25-27 (in Context) Matthew 14 (Whole Chapter)
Mark 6:49 but when they saw him walking on the lake, they thought he was a ghost. They cried out, Mark 6:48-50 (in Context)
Mark 6 (Whole Chapter) Luke 24:37 They were startled and frightened, thinking they saw a ghost. Luke 24:36-38 (in Context)
Luke 24 (Whole Chapter) Luke 24:39 Look at my hands and my feet. It is I myself! Touch me and see; a ghost does not have flesh and bones, as you see I have." Luke 24:38-40 (in Context) Luke 24 (Whole Chapter)

So it isn't like it's a new age thing...
The phenomenon has been around for ever.
Yet we can not totally confirm it's real??
Because the answer is simple...the term we use REAL..is possible outdated in a way.

I have seen and heard what we call ghost's alot.
I am rational even thought most of my post's seem i am not ..

And there is no explanation based in what we call reality...
Yet we know it exists... we saw it heard it.ect..sometimes smell something.

So to say ghost's are real is correct...based on our rudimentary term we use to base real or not real.

My reason for the bible verse's was this...
Ghost's are linked to religion in a way...
Atheist can not have a ghost..it would confirm the atheist are wrong there is life after death.
And religion can't really have ghost's.. cause if we have ghost's..as the bible say's they saw them...why didn't they go to heaven or hell when they died?
Possibly cause there is no heaven or hell...

And in a way it could also prove there is a God....a creator we can not see but always here.lol

Idk this was just a passing thought i felt i would try to share to see if anyone understands what i am saying.

[edit on 19-11-2009 by TheAmused]

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   
If an interaction can occur, then yes it would be real.
The asking 'is anybody there' then the tapping noise from upstairs or behind a wall scares the bejesus out of me.

GS
someone of whom i know, entered a house in which a mother slaughtered her four babies and hid their mangled bodies behind a wall. This person confirmed to me from behind the wall where they supposidly were they heard crying and tapping.

I think ghost can be explained by quantam theory but im not going to try as i would probably sound stupid.
But... all matter is energy is it not?
And we cant see 99% of the electromagnetic spectrum (just speculative as i dont know the 99% to be true but it is a ludicricly high number)

Edit: made the story read better and a little more scary but it is true.

[edit on 19-11-2009 by GW8UK]

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
The morons from TAPS have sold you out, mate. They routinely add 'evidence' now to keep people interested in the show. The first few years, their show was pretty good, the last few are on par with "Most Haunted".

My advice is not to believe what a television show tells you is real. I mean, do you believe what the news tells you? Do you believe what the government tells you? So why believe what a television show trying to keep an audience so it can sell advertisement slots to sell you Swiffers?

Do I believe Ghost are real? It's possible, but the evidence you have provided doesn't add to the claim.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by HankMcCoy

Ive watched plenty of newer Gost hunter episodes, and to tell you the truth most of them actualy have nothing pretty exciting happening in them. Sounds pretty boring for people who make up evidence to keep people interested. You could be right, bur do you have proof that they fake some of their stuff?

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Knowledgeseeker5434

Ive watched plenty of newer Gost hunter episodes, and to tell you the truth most of them actualy have nothing pretty exciting happening in them. Sounds pretty boring for people who make up evidence to keep people interested. You could be right, bur do you have proof that they fake some of their stuff?

Of course I don't have -proof-, but the evidence for their fraud is pretty convincing. There is a great thread on another forum that I wont advertise here, but if you google : TAPS fake evidence : you will find some interesting evidence.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Thanks I'll look into it, Some of the past few shows have been quite boring in the evidence category, though the one last night had evidence that was alost to real to be believed. I for one am in the middle of believing in ghosts. Ive seen some pretty good evidence from various shows and from people I know, but ive never had anything happen to me yet so its hard for somone like me to believe unless it has happened to me.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
For me they are as real as you an me in the pysical world, but we most understand that for many they will never be able to experience anything, is not in the make over to do so.

We most respect those that can never experience the spiritual world.

I like Ghost hunters, sometimes they have some amazing results while in others is just boring, but that is how things works sometimes.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Though I can say the evidence for ghost far outweighs the ones against it. It amazes me how much proof can be shown and yet people still refuse to believe it.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Knowledgeseeker5434

Brother, show me the proof and I will be a believer. As far as I know no proof of ghosts exists. I've seen lots of highly speculative evidence but that's all it is, no proof.
If you could link me up to some of the proof of the existence of ghosts you have then I will be a believer.

As for the programs on TV... people, people, people...... Give your heads a shake.

[edit on 19-11-2009 by and14263]

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   

ive seen those forums and what not.
I am saying the one's i showed have not been called a hoax that ive seen.

not saying they aint fake at all..just they was good example's.

Now if you or i went and did a EVP and got a good result like that episode did...
and you know it was 100% legit
would it make it false cause a forum said it was?
even if you knew it wasn't you was there ect..

Myself it could be a conspiracy..this is a conspiracy site isn't it?
If science did prove 100% that ghost's are real..i think it would cause pandemonium..due to non religious and religious stuff.
and maybe it is in our best interest they claim to debunk 99% of it all.

Far stretch i know..but it is a conspiracy site is it not lol

I still say trying to prove a ghost exists for 100% is like trying to prove god exists to a atheist.
On the basis they can not see it therefore it can not be real.end of story.

thus we go around and around..and never meet in the middle to figure it out.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Is there an ATS Paranormal group? If not I saw some of us should make one. It would be like Ghost hunters but we show our stuff only of ATS. I think it would be a good idea

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by and14263
reply to post by Knowledgeseeker5434

Brother, show me the proof and I will be a believer. As far as I know no proof of ghosts exists. I've seen lots of highly speculative evidence but that's all it is, no proof.
If you could link me up to some of the proof of the existence of ghosts you have then I will be a believer.

As for the programs on TV... people, people, people...... Give your heads a shake.

[edit on 19-11-2009 by and14263]

staff.jccc.net...

The First Law of Thermodynamics says that energy under normal conditions cannot be created or destroyed, simply transformed from one type of energy to another. Thus a chemical reaction such as lighting a match does not create new energy but only converts one type of energy to another. What's happening with the match is that as the match is burnt, potential energy is released and converted to heat and light, kinetic energy. In the cell there are many types of energy transformations: light to chemical(photosynthesis), chemical to chemical(cellular respiration), chemical to electrical(nervous system), chemical to mechanical(muscles). So the first law is of fundamental importance.

So to me Science has already proved it.

Think about it.
Our very soul or spark that make's all people unique. what ever you want to call it.
is a very very unique energy..we know it exists..cause we are here.
Yet science can not find it ...one claims they did.
www.lauralee.com...

But our energy must go somewhere correct?
Of course it does...But the question is.
Is our soul so unique we continue after death some how?
in some case's it seem's people have stumbled upon it has.
with evp/picture's and haunting and so forth.

Still it's more possible that a ghost could exist..rather than it could not exist.
just saying lol

[edit on 19-11-2009 by TheAmused]

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Knowledgeseeker5434
Is there an ATS Paranormal group? If not I saw some of us should make one. It would be like Ghost hunters but we show our stuff only of ATS. I think it would be a good idea

lol sign me up heck my house is haunted to bejebus right now with a little girl and a man.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Ghosts are real, but do you know what a ghost really is?

It's is not a spirit that failed to move on into the afterlife. That is not possible. The Ghost Whisperer is not needed because after we die, our spirit knows exactly what it supposed to do.

So what, then, IS a ghost?

A ghost is a memory of an event (usually emotional memory of who is now passed over) that has left an energy imprint on that space. An apparition that does and says the same thing (or couple of things) every time it appears is a recording of that energy imprint. It cannot interact with you and does not. Although, sometimes it may appear as such depending upon what is said or done that was imprinted and playing back.

If it is actually interacting WITH you (as in a conversation or actions different every time), then it is from the Spirit World and is probably a Spirit Guide or Guardian Angel. Either way, it is not a ghost. And Ghost Hunters and TAPS and whatever, are just entertaining you with hype and our human drive to seek out that which scares us creating what we rationalize as a reason to have fear of demons, evil, etc.

On a subconscious level, these people are voluntarily partaking in the greater conspiracy set up by TPTB to keep people controlled through fear that was instilled in us through religion.

edit for typo

[edit on 11/19/2009 by Nivcharah]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I have been able to see residual energy (ghosts) all my life!!!! My son can see them and so can my grandchildren. My two daughters are not able to see them.
What I see is residual energy and I can see them everywhere I move to. They always do repetitive things. I have never had a ghost talk to me, although I have heard voices, screaming, and coughing in empty rooms. I have also had people who were with me also hear sounds like these. Don't know how to explain the voice things.
I don't have to have the lights turned out to see this energy, like they do on Ghost Hunters. And I don't see them everyday. It may be a months before I see another. I have no control over when they appear.
Most people don't believe me so I don't make a big deal out of talking about it. If I see one in a store or mall, I don't scream in terror. I have always seen them, its just left over energy of people that I am able to see.

[edit on 2-12-2009 by ellieN]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I saw a full blown apparition once. I was camping. Alone. I heard crunching in the leaves. I assumed it was another hiker coming by. I looked up, and what I saw nearly made me crap my pants.

It was a man - only, glowing white, and kind of see through. He was wearing blue jeans and a white t-shirt. Walked right by me, about 20 feet away. I literally hid under by blanket until the next morning.

Stranger still - a friend of mine about a mile away in the same woods, reported seeing that same man, that same night. Only when he saw him, the man was driving on older model pickup truck - waved at my friend as he went on by, and smiled.

Two of us. Mile apart. Same guy.

Totally blew my mind.

[edit on 2-12-2009 by TrueTruth]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueTruth

Never had anything like that to happen. My ghosts are very boring, doing the same thing over and over. Have you seen anymore?

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ellieN

No, no more.

I've seen 'spirits', but these have typically appeared to me more as balls of light that interact with me or 'tell' me things.

But never seen any other apparitions before or since.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Amazing!!! I have not had anything like that happen either. Just ghosts that do replay all the time. Although some of them do look pretty weird.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ellieN

I wrote this in another thread.... this is where it all started for me....

"My most amazing experience was in my early twenties, when I went in for a massage to help with my back pain. I'd never had a massage before, but the pain down my legs finally convinced me to try.

In the middle of the treatment I had an encounter with "beings of light", who not only healed my sciatic nerve pain (never been back for a single minute in 14 years), but changed the way I experience life forever. As I lay there, experiencing profound relaxation, I began to see the outlines of humanoid figures surrounding me on all sides. They were clearly defined; their outlines were drawn in light. As they came closer, they became just balls of light, white with a golden hue. Four of them then appeared above my chest. They were spaced apart like at the 12/3/6/9 positions on a clock. They began to spin in a circle, faster and faster, and they generated a light in the center. Suddenly, they shot a beam of light into my chest, and I was overwhelmed with the most intense feelings of love and connectedness... beyond anything I could have imagined possible. For a moment, I was one with God.

I felt as if, I was remembering who I was, why I was here in this life, for what purpose. Tears flowed down my face as I shuddered in the deepest sobs I think I've ever cried. It was beautiful, Humbling. Loving. Healing. Incredible... all that good stuff. I was filled to overflowing with feelings of love, compassion, forgeveness, etc...

For days, I walked around in a daze. My life had been turned upside down and inside out. Nothing was the same any more. All context, all sense of 'why' that I ever had formulated, all my thoughts about pretty much everything, were shaken and numb. It was incredible, but it was also a bit unnerving. As wonderful as it was to feel that light and that love, here I was back on earth, and now I didn't know what to do with myself.

That experience has shaped everything I have done ever since. It is the north star of my walk through this life, and I will forever be striving to be worthy of it - to share that light with other people. The light communicated to me, that life can be so much better than it is now. That light, is what we are. All of us. And nothing can ever alter that.

This is ultimately why I decided to go back to school for acupuncture, so that I might have a job involving healing, that gave me a chance to work with that light, and help other people to find it in themselves.

Several years went by before I made the decision to try this new career. I became a dedicated seeker of understanding, which took me to ashrams and sweat lodges and other interesting places. It opened the door to other strange had wonderful encounters with spirit that I seldom talk about - it's simply too outrageous for most people to even entertain.

Perhaps tomorrow I'll tell one of those other stories.... maybe the one about the full apparition of a redneck I saw in the woods? Or perhaps the time I saw the spirit of a broccoli plant, and what it 'said' to me about our relationship with what we eat?

Dunno.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join