It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Oil Rigs In Los Angeles Uncovered

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by bladerunner44
ding dong these rigs have been around forever they are not covert. There has never been any attempt to conceal them. How long have you been in LA? have you been there before? Get your facts before you post stupidity

Haha. You sound like a nice bloke.

No I haven't been to L.A. Hence my interest in these wells. Its seems other people are interested too, and those who know L.A. are providing a nice bit of info as to why they are disguised, mainly for aesthetic reasons I see. Quite a pleasant little thread, thanks. Take your stirring elsewhere.

S.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeaderOfProgress
reply to post by mckyle

Based on fact? Show one example of one case won by the plaintiff that won a case against an oil company for directional drilling practices. It's not like I live in the oil field belt or anything. Personal snipes at people are not cool.

Internet Forum Reading Comprehension 101.

LeaderOfProgress was being a bit sarcastic. His point is if the drillers were getting away with something the litigious inhabitants of LA would be all over them like flies on dung.

McKyle was acknowledging LeaderOfProgress.

There were no personal snipes involved, except, perhaps in the form of LOP's sarcastic post aimed at those folks who seem to think something nefarious is going on despite at least 6 posts explaining it as mundane.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Smokersroom

I quite enjoyed your thread. There are times...a lot
...when I'm ignorant on a subject and appreciate being enlightened, by others here at ATS, who post facts or background info to shed a little light. It might or might not change my mind or opinion, but I appreciate a civil discourse.

Hey, your thread brought back a memory of my parents and a man signing papers in the living room in 1950's suburban Los Angeles. They signed over the mineral rights to their property, and the family joke was that we could end up with an oil well in our backyard. Nothing ever came of it, naturally. Good, no one ever discovered the hole to China my sister and I were digging

So goes with signing over mineral rights. If Jed Clampett were to have shot a "bubbling pool" under his Beverly Hills mansion, the results would be different this time.

[edit on 20-11-2009 by desert]

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by LeaderOfProgress

Sorry, I wasn't having a snipe at you in any way. I was directing my comments to OldDragger, and wasn't actually thinking of your comments when I replied. I enjoy reading your comments, so please don't think my intention was to slight you. It wasn't

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by rnaa

Hi rnaa

Thanks for assisting in clearing that up. However, as my above post hopefully explains, my comments were not in anyway directed to LeaderofProgress. I was just generally commenting - with tongue-in-cheek, about how some ATS members seem immune to logic and facts. It was not directed at anyone specific and certainly not LeaderofProgress

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
i wont lie... i was skeptical at first but it all makes sense!

ive heard of off site oil drilling, even though its not very popular, but with the booming economy and population they would have to be placed randomly and blend in with the city. after all, LA is home to many tourists, and they wouldnt want any ugly rigs in plain view.

and perhaps their "hidden" for national security reasons.... we wouldnt want the russians or the chinese to take interest, now would we?

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by desert

Thanks!

How deep did you manage to dig? I got about three feet closer to New Zealand in my garden!

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheComte
Quite telling what the oil company exec said at the end of the video. That the well has produced for a hundred years and will continue to produce for at least 50 more. If we're at peak oil then these wells should be drying up soon, no? Not in 50 years.

Technically, if it has produced for 100 years and "only" has 50 years left, it means it has depleted 66% of it's capacity. That puts it past peak.

That said, my lack of geological background leaves me on the fence about the idea of global peak oil. My concern is that oil is a polluting, expensive and foolish source of energy that continues to be perpetuated because it is a vital part of the NWO machinery.

TPTB are trying to find an alternative fuel that would not quickly lead to complete decentralization of power generation.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by mckyle

I took it in a way that you didn't intend so no harm no foul now that it is cleared up.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Smokersroom

First-off,-sorry-for-the-dashes-my-spacebar-bit-the-dust.
Just-wanted-to-say-thanks-for-sharing-this.-I-found-it-to-be-very-interesting!!
I-never-knew-any-of-this!

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
It's not secret!!! Old news... and not even a real conspiracy.. The only reason they hide them is because Californians and Los angelenos in particular are just trendy, vane, and overly concerned with aesthetics. (Instead of being concerned with there criminal and lazy business mentality and their over whelming debt)

It's common knowledge and not worth a thread thanks for the attempt though!

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by dallasgboy

Please! Just had to bash LA huh?
I love this town! It's one of the great International world cities.
For every minus there are three plusses!
I LOVE LA!

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
What came up in that film but wasn't articulated properly was that what was going on was Slant Drilling. This is the same stort of thing that provoked the Iraqis to attack Kuwait back in the early 90s when Bush and the oil cartels sold them all of that equipment that would allow the Kuwaitis to steal Iraqi oil.

And yes if they slant drill they will go right under people's properties who they would be loathe to inform them of as that would guarantee those people mineral rights and a dividend check.

Yep people, that's how greedy they are.

I wonder if some of those strange sink holes that you hear about appearing out there have to do with pumped empty cavities collapsing? This might be another thing to look into that is tertiary to this topic.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldDragger

What nonsense.
There is nothing secret or sinister about it.ANYBODY that lives in LA knows there is oil here.Jeeezz, drive down to Signal Hill and you can SEE wells pumping! Go up to Bakersfield, there are wells right next to the freeway.
The wells are camo'ed because they are eyesores. Big freakin deal.
Hey, we also have cell towers that look just like palm trees!.LA is cluttered enough without oil wells in plain sight!

[edit on 19-11-2009 by OldDragger]

agreed

And here is a cool factoid to justify this posting beyond one word of agreement:
In the 30's ( think it was ) some of the wells had to be shut down around Long Beach ( as I recall) because the main street in Long Beach began to sink...

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
This isnt a secret. We did this in geography in the UK years ago. Its a clever way to disguise an offensive extraction method.

No conspiracy here.....move along please

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by mckyle
reply to post by rnaa

Hi rnaa

Thanks for assisting in clearing that up. However, as my above post hopefully explains, my comments were not in anyway directed to LeaderofProgress. I was just generally commenting - with tongue-in-cheek, about how some ATS members seem immune to logic and facts. It was not directed at anyone specific and certainly not LeaderofProgress

Yeah, no probs, thanks.

I think I got it messed up about who was replying to who anyway.

Appologies to all involved for my butting it.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by 3DPrisoner

This is offically called "Directional Drilling" and it does not take any special equipment. It is the way that they torque the drill pipe that makes it go a different direction.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   
HA I live right by that place he was walking through in the first scene. Its by Port Hueneme Naval Base not ojai...

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Smokersroom

Secret Oil Rigs In Los Angeles Uncovered

www.huffingtonpost.com

Did you know that LA sits on top of the third largest oil field in the country? Did you know oil rigs are scattered covertly throughout the city, placed near schools, malls and even a farmer's market?
(visit the link for the full news article)

Not just LA, but here too, some are right behind neighborhoods.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 05:47 AM
link   
This stuff is well known by some. It's not really a secret but not widely known.

I knew a guy who used to work for an Oil Company here in Louisiana. He told me that a place here called Eden Isles has one of the largest hidden Oil Reserves in the United States. It's a largely untapped reserve. The reason these reserves exist is because we will need our own oil if we can't ever get it from the middle east for what ever reason. They don't make all the locations of these hidden reserves public because that may make them prime targets.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join