It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

when is the gun ban coming? and a question on home defense weapons

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
i would recommend an ak-47- what i keep at bedside. small but heavy but is a nasty round and is acurate at longer ranges in the hands of of a good user.
next gun (that i carry everywhere) is a s&w 457- 45 acp is the best man stopper there is in a pistol
for home defense you can never go wrong with a shotgun - be it 410,20,16, or 12 gauge
be sure to check your state laws tho as to folding stocks

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
There will not be a gun ban, or a gun confiscation in the USA.
The pressure is being put upon, (infringement) for ten years now in this manner.

Clinton increased the annual cost of a FFL from $10.00 to $600.00 in the 1990's.

The DOD linked computers with ATF and placed on the "no firearms purchase list" in the instant background check, any veteran who had ever used any service connected disability to receive counseling for PTSD or depression...

All these experienced military persons cannot legetimately purchase weapons now.

Soon, with state health care, they will glean the roles of anyone who received public or private mental health counseling or alcohol or drug treatment and put them on the "not allowed to purchase" list as well.

They have already pressured Kmart and currently Wal mart into stopping weapons sales.

Soon they will, on a long weekend, merely sweep through the stores that still sell ammo and weapons and remove these items from the shelves, and we wake up Monday morning with only the firearms and ammo in our own personal possession.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
This supposed gun ban is just more fear mongering by the military industrial complex to boost gun and ammo sales. There isn't going to be any ban, just heavier restrictions IF that. I'm sad to say but many here have probably fell victim to the elites master plan here.

If you guys watch what is going on, a lot of fear is being spread in an effort to boost the economy.

1. Flu pandemic, boosting medical sales.
2. lego eggo (kellogs brand) shortage... i mean come on. Still people flocked to the stores to buy the remaining(yea right) eggo's.
3. Supposed gun ban causing plenty of tin foil red blooded Americans to run out to the gun stores for guns and ammo.
4. The supposed weak dollar and calls to switch the dollar off oil trading and switch to a global currency. boosting gold sales obviously.

I can list plenty more but it just goes to show you guys what is going on here right now. Don't play into the game. Cheers.

[edit on 22-11-2009 by BetweenTheLine]

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by December_Rain
I dont think a gun ban is coming, but it would be welcome if it was, atleast by me.

Edit: Second line

[edit on 19-11-2009 by December_Rain]

and what do you actually think a gun ban is going to accomplish... all to many people have begun to wake up and smell some thing like a rose dipped in crap...stilll stinks

The black market would continue to thrive and millions of guns that the govt. only suspects are out here will start surfacing....

If they were to try anything major they are making the single biggest mistake they (DC) would ever make.... and since we are already operating with a slow burning fuse..... well..... "BOOOOOOOOM"

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by srslyguyz

If you are looking for a shotgun I say look at the Saiga 12ga. A great semi-auto on the old kalish frame. Plus you can find 12 shell mags. Just don't get caugt with more than three in at a time.

Using Hornady TAP PD 00 buck you can get 8" groups at 20+ yards with a super short barrel. With an 18.25" you can get nice groups at 30.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeNice81

yeah saiga makes a decent shotgun. and as for 3 rounds that is only for hunting (at least in pa.)-otherwise you can load as many rounds as you want
and always remember to keep semis clean or they will jam

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfoot1212

I guess I should have advised for the OP to check local laws. In some places it is illegal to have more than 3 in a shotgun at any time. My friend was taken in for posessing "a weapon capable of mass destruction." He was carrying a police style riot pump with 5 2.75" shells and a 18.25" barrel.

In court the judge said that the issue was the number of shells. The gun was ordered destroyed and he was fined $200. The judge said that he only charged my friend $100 per shell because he had a hunting license. Other wise he would have given him a larger fine and 30 days. Then the judge made a point to say that guns like his were "useless and pointless" for anything besides terrorizing the public.

I laughed out loud. My friend bought the gun because the local city police use the exact same one.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   
best home defense weapon= a loaded firearm that you can use quickly and efficiently.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeNice81

yeah that is kind of stupid. for some reason here in pa. you can have as many rounds loaded in any gun at anytime with the exception of shotgunswhich is 3-but that is only when hunting. but if i'm hunting with my 30/06 and have a magazine that can hold 30 rounds it is legal. always made me wonder why it is only for shotguns.
and the best home defense weapon is one you are confident with,know how to use,and is easy to wield in a tight space

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I doubt there will be a gun ban, not that the dems dont want a gun ban, they just dont want to lose their positions in the government either. The whole reason the republicans regained the house in 1994 was over this issue. Every democrat was voted out for supporting this kind of legislation. That McCarthy woman is still trying like hell to get it done, but she doesn't have much support and when this "health reform" bill blows up in their face, the dems will lose congress again.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by NightoftheComet

yeah i agree on that.
our country has been over run by millionaires who probably never even had to wipe their own A## and all they care about is control and collecting(stealing) our money to sit and bicker about what is good for us when all they care about is themselves.
they go home to their gated mansion with security but have no idea what the real world is like.
i wish i could live in that fantasy land too but i can't because i am being robbed blind from everywhere.
if they were banished to spend 1 day in a ghetto somewhere they wouldn't last 2 hours.
they should all be voted out and tried for treason

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   

If ...and its a huge if... they were to ban then seize guns they would take anything that could be conceived as a police or military weapon... semi-auto pistols like the glock or anything with a slide... forget the sks ak's m-15 heck they might even take the mini 14....

what would be safe? revolvers, shotguns, bolt action rifles as long as their not chambered for police or military cartridges... no 5.56 no .308 no .357 or .38 outdated now but a once was,,, hold over...

how do I know I'm right... that's the same gun ban we see in many countries today... Mexico for one... notice how that gun ban hasn't slowed their nasty little drug war

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

that is pretty much what they did back in the 90's.
any kind of "scary" or "military style" gun got banned. they called them assault weapons.
it even affected some sporting guns.
hell i could assault you with a pencil so does that make it an assault weapon?
there won't be a ban on guns because to many americans are waking up to the theivery of our gov't and getting tired of it and are starting to understand our constitutional rights.
obama and his henchmen/women better remember what happened to mussolini
history repeats itself

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfoot1212

I never said it was going to happen just that if it did what was likely to be banned... frankly if things remain as they are would very likely see an end to a lot of the more oppressive laws that prevent ownership in some cities... The big push is on for training and concealed carry permitting... When I got mine all you had to do as go talk to the sheriff... he gave you a peace of paper you took to a judge and she gave me another piece of paper to take back to the sheriff who issued my licence... I'm thrilled there's now a NRA training program in place and wish to see it expanded to all states!

that's just me and we were playing a what if game right???

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

all i had to do to get my ccw was fill out the form with 3 references who reside in my county, give it to the sheriff's office, get my pic taken, pay $15, go thru a state police/fbi background check, get approved withing 30 days and come back pay another $10 and yeah got my permit!!!
had it for over 10 years now.
i do agree with training and safety courses tho. i am a stickler when it comes to gun safety.
people who only know about guns from watching hollywood movies have no idea how devastating they are.
my grandfather who was highly decorated in ww2 taught me about guns and hunting when i was around 3 yo-and believe me he beat it into me if i did something wrong
so for the past 36 years i have been a gun nut but also a huge advocate of safety. children should be taught from a young age about guns and safety. these video games don't help the fact either. all they do anymore is teach violence.
the biggest reason why people hate guns is because they don't understand them and fear them. that is hollywood for you.
take guns away from LAW ABIDING people and the only ones left will be military, cops and criminals. now how do you defend yourself?
the founding fathers made the 2nd amendment for a reason!!

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I agree, there is no gun ban. We have bigger fish to fry.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Gun ban, I don't see it. There may as well have been an ammo ban though for the better part of this year.

Mossberg 500 is a fine shotgun, I had one for a while and it worked just fine and the AK is ubiquitous and indestructible or so I've heard. Never had one.

The only thing I would say about a shotgun is that the 12 ga is very easy to find ammo for but if you really want a folding stock you might want to consider a 20 gauge. A 20 has about 75% of the power and lead throwing capability of a 12 but it's lighter and it' easier to shoot.

I'm happy with my 870 youth model 20 and no, I am not a small person at all.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare
heck they might even take the mini 14....

Keeping the mini's on the shelf was one of the little perks Ruger got for testifying pro-AWB to Congress. Forget the fact that mini's with barrel shrouds and folding stocks were the medias favorite "evil assault weapon" to display as exhibit A.

That bastard went on to give fabricated credence to the fantasy lies that Congress were using to promote the AWB that firearms with certain aesthetic traits were somehow magically more deadly than firearms without those traits.

Naturally, none of Ruger's firearms would be subjected to the AWB.

Can't get a $300 AK? Ruger has a $700 mini-30 for you that's far less accurate and reliable. Can't get an EBR? Ruger has a craptastic mini-14 for you if you're willing to bend over and take one for the cost and you might be able to hit a barn with it after some intense accurizing.

I wouldnt mind digging his corpse up to take a piss on.

Only in the past year or so has Ruger as a company made a turn-around of sorts back to the pro-2nd realm.

I still wont buy a Ruger firearm because of what that jackass did to create the decade of darkness that was the AWB.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Ex post facto laws are expressly forbidden by the Constitution for the United States. Of course, given the language and nature of the 2nd Amendment, any ban on guns is arguably an unconstitutional act, rendering the ex post facto clause moot.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Our biggest allies in WWI and WWII were Australia, Canada and Britian.

Look closley at what has happened to the three big allies and their guns and read the writing on the wall if you can.

The second amendment is at the core essentially about keeping and bearing arms.

IInfringement is happening to the fringe or non core issue, secondary to the primary right to keep and bear arms.

Here is a off the cuff list of infringements:

Magazing capacity
how to transport arms.
Method of action: pump, single shot, semi auto auto.
how to carry arms: concealed, open, loaded, unloaded.
kind and type of ammunition
cost of ammunition
registration fees
license fees
safety classes
firearms instruction classes
qualification classes and standards.
where and when arms can be used.
non castle doctrine laws
civilian use of military weapons
proper storage of arms: locked, unloaded, etc
age restrictions on purchase.
number you can be in possession of
waiting priods
instant background checks
prohibitions of mental health or substance abuse from purchase
form to fill out to purchase
interstate sales
gun show restrictions

How long would any of you b*g m**th*d, a*r h**d, anti gun posters on this
topic tolerate all of these types of restrictions on your God given inalienable right to freedom of speech???

(PC NOTE: the use of the term "BIG MOUTHED" is and was not intended to portray any anti gun person in a negative light. The term is and was intended to highlight that freedom of speech is exercized from the mouth. And of course it helps to have the brain engaged prior to exercizing that right)

You have to be above eighteen to exercize the freedom of speech
you must register first
must attend classes
must not use more that eight words at a time
must not exercize speech right in public
must pay fine if misused
cannot exercize if you have been under the care of mental health or substance abuse.
cannot exrcize across state lines
and on and on

or apply these to freedom to practice religion

[edit on 3-12-2009 by fmcanarney]

[edit on 3-12-2009 by fmcanarney]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join