It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey, preacher – leave those kids alone

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman
We have a jolly old time at xmas, and yes my kids are fully aware that Christmas, contrary to many xtians belief does not signify the birth of the god man jesus.

whatever way you want to justify it to yourself

stop faffing about and be honest, who the hell is going to tell their children that they are not allowed to participate in all that great fun because daddy has a moral objection. come on!!!

in much the same way, it is idiotic to suggest that religious parents should not include their children in the religion to which they belong. children growing up in a religious house will be influenced and want to participate in the religious life of the family in exactly the same way as your children participate in your non-belief.

EDIT: just so you're aware, the christmas tree, at least, has a story attached to it justifying it's use. mistletoe on the other hand, is a druidic fertility symbol which is widely and routinely used in the druidic manner by christians. a druidic fertility symbol might be a more useful barb during the season of goodwill

[edit on 20/11/09 by pieman]

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

Not really... people hate political ideas all the time and even the thoughts of others, yet you can't touch or feel either one...

Well I can't argue with that thank you for the slap

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by pieman

EDIT: just so you're aware, the christmas tree, at least, has a story attached to it

What, you mean like based in reality as apposed to the fairy story of the nativity ? Hm seems you have a point there I wonder if muslims get themselves into potions of authority would they enjoy this festive fun.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   

What, you mean like based in reality as apposed to the fairy story of the nativity ?

some pagans were worshiping an oak tree in some german type country and some saint told them that they were better off with a fir tree with candles, eternal greenness symbolising eternal life as opposed to the birth-rebirth cyclicality of the deciduous oak.

Hm seems you have a point there I wonder if muslims get themselves into potions of authority would they enjoy this festive fun.

i'ld hope they'ld be tolerant, i'ld hope everyone is tolerant. christmas is more cultural than religious, to be fair.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   

reply to post by radarloveguy

When you die your soul has an interview with God . yours will be brief .

Needless to say you have evidence of this, or is it just something you would have children believe ?

A fool says in his heart there is no God.We live by faith,not by sight.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by pieman

I have to agree with you about the pagan background of "modern"
christianity.
A roman caesar converted to christianity during his rule.He wanted
to appease both his christian subjects and his pagan subjects.He mixed
traditions from both religions into the ones we have now.
Jesus was not born on dec25th,a pagan god was.Trees are part of the druids religion.Easter has to do with a pagan goddess and fertility rites.
That is why I have a few problems with my church,christmas,easter...
We have pagan rituals and traditions clothed in christianity,wolves wearing
sheep's clothing.

Parents have to raise their children the best way they can.The children
raised in, strict religious homes,usually don't stray too far from their
upbringing.I hear the amish let their children have a choice how they
will live when they are of age.
My parents didn't force any religious beliefs on me,I wish they had! I
probably wouldn't have wasted so many years on other garbage in my
life.You do reap what you sow.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   
When you are anti (anything) you just support its cause (free publicity)... I guess someone somewhere is making a quick buck out of the idiots who fund these ridiculous campaigns... really funny

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join