It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vatican is worried about ET O.o

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I am not a Catholic, but I am aware that there was a very momentous pronouncement on the subject of ETs by that institution many many years ago. It was, if memory serves me correctly, during the pontificate of Pope Paul VI. He indicated that the mission of Jesus Christ during his lifetime was only for planet Earth and the human race alone; and that any intelligent beings who might come here or be found out there were neither expected to nor required to participate in Gods plan of 'salvation.'

As I understood it, this was without onus or prejudice toward these beings who were simply believed to be without the need for expiation of sins that Church teachings saw as a requirement for mankind. Perhaps they might have expected it to be handled at their own place of origin if there was some sort of need they might have for this. It is not part of humanity's obligation, so there should not be any expectation of conversion, baptism, or sacraments. I do not know, however, if a voluntary conversion by an alien would be acceptable to them.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join