It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vatican is worried about ET O.o

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Hello Folks !!!

We are close to the Most Important Discovery of All Time......

WE ARE NOT ALONE!!!!

In only 10 years thanks to the effort of brilliant scientists who dedicated their lives in looking for what we can’t see started to picture the truth about the cosmos, about the universe we live in.

The story is amazing..

So first we discovered that stars and by which we mean all the stars are Suns like our own..

But this is the only thing we could see ...Suns...and there's a simple reason..Planets are very faint so it’s like putting a candle next to a couple of stadium Spot Lights...the spot light would literally cover the light emitted by the candle..But then...astronomers noticed that the stars wobbled..and it wobbles since there are planets orbiting around...the cut the story short...we have now orbiting earth Kepler Telescope which its mission is only one...to find Earth Like planets...Interestingly the data Kepler provides would be announced after 3 years of observation since they must wait for at least 3 orbits of the planets to be 100% sure...so basically Kepler was launched in 2009 + 3 = 2012 (lol heard about 2012 b4 did i)....Scientist are predicting that we shall not only find 1 or 2 earth like planets..But we will realize that the truth is that the Universe is filled up of earth like planets full of diversity and intelligent civilizations...and just to start imagining how crowded the universe is here is a tiny but tiny portion of nothing in the universe thanks to Hubble incredible Images...

Isn’t it just impressive and exciting to look at all this

Now...

Guess the Vatican now realized that the time has come..that they cannot stop the truth to be known, infect some headline showing concern from the Vatican...

Vatican Preparing for ET

IS THE VATICAN EASING HUMANITY TOWARD ALIEN DISCLOSURE?

Vatican scientist says belief in God and aliens is OK

Now the problem with the Vatican is...how the hack are they gonna explain their believers that Jesus crucified himself on this planet..and please imagine the snow ball effect on the believers if they know that the fundamental principle of this religion , that Jesus Christ came to Earth, never happened..or we still beleive we are so special in the Neverending space of life.

[edit on 19-11-2009 by heineken]

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
First off - I am neither a Catholic nor a Christian (I do believe they are two different concepts though) so I am not speaking out of faith.

More on topic:

I don't understand why you think that the existence of extraterrestrial life will ever be a problem to their faith or rhetoric.

Now the problem with the Vatican is...how the hack are they gonna explain their believers that Jesus crucified himself on this planet..and please imagine the snow ball effect on the believers if they know that the fundamental principle of this religion , that Jesus Christ came to Earth, never happened..or we still beleive we are so special in the Neverending space of life.

I don't think that even if aliens landed on the Saint Peter's Square today the Catholic Church's beliefs would be threatened. They'd probably just claim that God created the aliens too.

I also don't understand why you think that the confirmation of the existence of extraterrestrial life would in any imply that Jesus Christ did not exist or discredit the people that believe it. If I'm reading you right you're saying that the notion of how vast and filled with life the universe is would tell people that our planet is not special in any way therefore Jesus Christ wouldn't have come to Earth. Do you really think any Christian will buy that?

You have to take into consideration that belief will never lose to logic.
The faithful do not need explanations. They believe - period. Regardless of what logic says. Vast numbers of people nowadays who are perfectly sane and productive in society, people who are serious and even anal in every other aspect of their lives... they are not gullible in their relationships or life endeavours and may even have an extremely scientific and factual practice in their lives... but when they go to Church they leave logic at the door.

Plus you have to realize that there is something they have which in my opinion is the pillar of their success throughout the ages - A great excuse!
Whatever happens, whatever we find, whatever we know - "God is almighty, all-powerful and all-knowing, works in mysterious ways can do everything He wants and no man can understand His intentions so your logic means nothing." Heard that thump outside? That was logic jumping out the window.

That goes for all religions and many other aspects of life. It is the reason why for example pure UFO believers never believe that the picture they found isn't an alien spaceship even after all logic proves that it isn't. That seagull could even take a crap on their shoulder - they'd still believe it was a UFO.

People that believe will believe regardless of what logic says. And that's because there is not and there will never be any argument that can stand against the blindness of faith. This GOD could show up, point at the Vatican and shout "They lie!" and most Catholics would remain Catholic. As absurd as it might be - faith always wins!

Cheers.

[edit on 19-11-2009 by InTrueFiction]

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
In full disclosure, I'm not someone that believes Aliens are here, and secondly I am not a Catholic or a Christian of any denomination.

Having said that.. The belief in aliens is already covered in the Bible.

John 10:16 - (Jesus speaking) And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

Pretty cut and dried if you ask me.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
If an alien race were to come here and greet mankind, it would be safe to assume that they are ore advanced then us, therefor more older. Now if these aliens did indeed have no knowlege of a gods exsistence or found no evidence to support the theory of god, it would cause all of earths religions based of of dieties to be absolete.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Knowledgeseeker5434
If an alien race were to come here and greet mankind, it would be safe to assume that they are ore advanced then us, therefor more older. Now if these aliens did indeed have no knowlege of a gods exsistence or found no evidence to support the theory of god, it would cause all of earths religions based of of dieties to be absolete.

Or..

Alien species comes to earth with full knowledge of Jesus because they have studied our society for a few decades and comes down telling us that Jesus sent them here to fulfill Jesus' teachings.

People otherwise not religious are converted to Christianity, not becaue they are believers in Jesus, but because the Aliens also 'believe' in one of our Gods, giving him that ring of truth.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Ya they should be worried ...ET lands and reveal how corrupt the Vatican really is by allowing the serps to veiw earths hidden history that they have been sitting on for hundreds of years.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by HankMcCoy
In full disclosure, I'm not someone that believes Aliens are here, and secondly I am not a Catholic or a Christian of any denomination.

John 10:16 - (Jesus speaking) And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

Well, the verse doesn't refer to ETs - obviously - and no Christian groups interpret that verse in that way, they understand it to mean that it refers to other groups of human Christians, such as 'Gentiles', non Jews who later became Christians also.

If you are saying the verse could be interpreted to mean 'ETs', well, yes, all sorts of interpretations are possible of almost any Bible verse. However, there is no contextual evidence to suggest that ETs are the correct interpretation of these words. So, I don't think it's "cut and dried".

[edit on 19-11-2009 by Malcram]

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Exactly.

We are used nowadays to see religions and faith as ignorant pre-historic delusions with nothing to back it up. Nothing has survived the ages as these faiths have.

We see a lot of talk nowadays about a one world government - people must forget that the only entity that in the human history that we know of ever managed to rule the entire known world (at the time) was the Vatican. Never underestimate the power of faith.

If aliens landed tomorrow - a global full disclosure scenario - our political, social, scientific and financial worlds would shake and probably fall but faith? Faith's behind is covered.

[edit on 19-11-2009 by InTrueFiction]

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Malcram

Well, the verse doesn't refer to ETs - obviously - and no Christian groups interpret that verse in that way, they understand it to mean that it refers to other groups of human Christians, such as 'Gentiles', non Jews who later became Christians also.

If you are saying the verse could be interpreted to mean 'ETs', well, yes, all sorts of interpretations are possible of almost any Bible verse. However, there is no contextual evidence to suggest that ETs are the correct interpretation of these words. So, I don't think it's "cut and dried".

If ETs landed tomorrow, you don't think that this verse would be used to justify their existence?

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I think this verse from the Gospel of Judas may explain what we would today call ET's-

“Adamas was in the first luminous cloud that no angel has ever seen among all those called ‘God.’ He [49] […] that […] the image […] and after the likeness of [this] angel. He made the incorruptible [generation] of Seth appear […] the twelve […] the twentyfour […]. He made seventy-two luminaries appear in the incorruptible generation, in accordance with the will of the Spirit. The seventy-two luminaries themselves made three hundred sixty luminaries appear in the incorruptible generation, in accordance with the will of the Spirit, that their number should be five for each. “The twelve aeons of the twelve luminaries constitute their father, with six heavens for each aeon, so that there are seventy-two heavens for the seventy-two luminaries, and for each [50] [of them five] firmaments, [for a total of] three hundred sixty [firmaments …]. They were given authority and a [great] host of angels [without number], for glory and adoration, [and after that also] virgin spirits, for glory and [adoration] of all the aeons and the heavens and their firmaments.

“The multitude of those immortals is called the cosmos— that is, perdition—by the Father and the seventy-two luminaries who are with the Self-Generated and his seventytwo aeons. In him the first human appeared with his incorruptible powers. And the aeon that appeared with his generation, the aeon in whom are the cloud of knowledge and the angel, is called [51] El. […] aeon […] after that […] said, ‘Let twelve angels come into being [to] rule over chaos and the [underworld].’ And look, from the cloud there appeared an [angel] whose face flashed with fire and whose appearance was defiled with blood. His name was Nebro, which means ‘rebel’; others call him Yaldabaoth. Another angel, Saklas, also came from the cloud. So Nebro created six angels—as well as Saklas—to be assistants, and these produced twelve angels in the heavens, with each one receiving a portion in the heavens.

Gospel of Judas

If that helps anyone.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
i think any alien coming here, is not going to be the least bit interested in our petty differences, if they are examing us now, they are probably trying to understand how to interact with such a barbaric and paranoid civilization. just by the act of arriving here, their advancements both in science, and interaction with one another, will require an open mind.
the fact that mankind has nuclear weapons, they would view us, as we would view a 5 year old holding a fully loaded automatic m-16.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   

If ETs landed tomorrow, you don't think that this verse would be used to justify their existence?

Yes, as I said, verses can be interpreted to support almost any idea. It's certainly possible that some Christians would use the verse that way.

My point was that the Bible doesn't indicate this is the correct interpretation (not that this would stop anyone).

You seemed be saying that the meaning of the verse was 'ETs' and that the Bible discusses ETs. But perhaps this wasn't your point.

If you're saying ET disclosure wouldn't be a threat to Christianity because Christians are capable of interpreting the Bible in almost any way they want to support any new belief they want to incorporate, then yeah, we agree LOL.

However, if - if - the ET are morally and intellectually advanced, as well as technologically advanced, then I think religion is essentially screwed, for the most part, no matter how people interpret the Bible or other 'Holy' books, because the contrast between such a truly advanced race and the relatively primitive and immature nature of religion would be obvious and would inevitablly 'show up' religion and erode adherence to it.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by jinx880101
I think this verse from the Gospel of Judas may explain what we would today call ET's-

“... so that there are seventy-two heavens for the seventy-two luminaries, and for each [50] [of them five] firmaments, [for a total of] three hundred sixty [firmaments …]. ....

Gospel of Judas

So . . . 72 Universes containing a total of 360 religions? or species?

Many different ways this could be interpreted using this information.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
The bible has aliens and ET written all over the old testament.
The angels coming down from the heavens, ezikiel's wheel etc etc.

The vatican has known the truth for a long long time.

I think what may worry any religious outfit is the way the bible, koran etc has been misinterpreted by the people in power to control and scare the people / servants.

When disclosure happens, many people will not be able to accept that life and history and even of own creation and evolution happened not as we were told but completely different.
Many people will embrace the news, others will feel completely empty after everything they hold dear to themselves turns out to be a lie.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Vatican dont have a problem with ET, Their view is if ETs exist God created them too. Theyve said that numerous times.

They dont fear the discovery of life elsewhere their scholars expect it

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reevster
Ya they should be worried ...ET lands and reveal how corrupt the Vatican really is by allowing the serps to veiw earths hidden history that they have been sitting on for hundreds of years.

YES, maybe even more exiting than learning about the ET's history, is learning our own history!

Would be awesome to find out what that monolith is, and face, and pyramids on Mars..

Do they have anything to do with the history of mankind?

Did we evolve from the apes, or did we evolve on Mars millions of years ago?
etc

and who build this temple 17.000 years ago on Earth?

(starts 7 minutes into part 6)

[edit on 19-11-2009 by conar]

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by heineken
Hello Folks !!!

We are close to the Most Important Discovery of All Time......

WE ARE NOT ALONE!!!!

Well Heineken, I respect your views about it of course, so I hope you don't mind me saying here my thoughts about that all.

If one would take the time to read carefully as much as he/she can of the momentarily available information about the UFO/ET phenomenon, it is not a matter anymore of “we are close”, but “we know now” that we are not alone.

In only 10 years thanks to the effort of all those brilliant scientists who dedicated their lives in looking for what we can’t see started to picture the truth about the cosmos, about the universe we live in.

Sorry to say, but in my opinion it’s definitely not thanks to the effort of brilliant scientists who dedicated their lives in looking for what we can’t see started to picture the truth about the cosmos, about the universe we live in.

And my reason for saying this is that because the only thing the absolute majority of those brilliant scientists did for the last 60 to 70 years in my opinion is nothing more than despite the fact that ET’s flying all over the place they only where looking with their "eyes wide shut" thru their expensive telescopes and listen to their expensive radio-telescopes into deep space.
They ignored and if necessary even ridiculed the constant increase of information about the very real possibility of an already existing extraterrestrial presence here on Earth.

So, in my opinion it is definitely not thanks to them, but due all those really brave whistleblowers and effort of so many serious UFO investigators where under some brave scientists who really dedicated their lives during all those decades in trying to get the truth out in the open of that UFO/ET phenomenon.

The Vatican has as they say in the text below no problem anymore with accepting Extraterrestrials, even not as their brothers.
They have, how shall I say it; adapt themselves during some years now to face that new reality.
A reality of what they always have said to their flock as being absolutely impossible.
How that flock will ultimately react on that reality is entirely another question in my opinion.
But let us hope for the upmost best.

The Vatican, through Funes, is supporting the idea that the incarnation of Christ is a unique event in Earth’s history tied in to humanity’s ‘fall’ and ‘original sin’.

This idea was a major focus in Father Funes’ May 2008 interview which was titled "The extraterrestrial is my brother."

Funes said that intelligent extraterrestrial life may not have experienced a ‘fall’, and may be “free from Original Sin … [remaining] in full friendship with their creator.” This makes it possible to regard them as ‘our brothers’ as Funes explained:

Just as there is a multiplicity of creatures on earth, there can be other beings, even intelligent, created by God. This is not in contrast with our faith because we can't put limits on God's creative freedom… "Why can't we speak of a 'brother extraterrestrial'? It would still be part of creation…

Most importantly, Funes’ statement makes possible the idea that Christianity can be exported to extraterrestrial worlds that have not experienced a ‘fall’ and are free from original sin.

www.examiner.com...

But I am shore that when disclosure ultimately did have taken place, all those same brilliant scientists of which you spoke will come forward and shouting of the roofs, see, see you, did I not say it, did I not say it all the time that it could be nothing else then extraterrestrials, yeah I really thought it all the time.

And what do I expect will happen to all those really brave whistleblowers, UFO investigators and few scientists who actually did all the work in getting the truth out in the open of the UFO/ET phenomenon.

They will be forgotten in a blink of an eye.

My two Euro cents.

[edit on 19/11/09 by spacevisitor]

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by spacevisitor

The Vatican has as they say in the text below no problem anymore with accepting Extraterrestrials, even not as their brothers.

sorry but lofl

what do you expect from the Vatican..its an obvious move to accept right...

the problem is will the common citizen accept the fact that Jesus didnt come here

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
The vatican will do what they always do - select some part of the bible, reinterpret it according to what they did to do, to prop up their declining sideshow of generational brainwashing.

The vatican conveniently overlooks the implicit bible diktat of stoning of homosexuals to death, so adding in that aliens are just part of gods plan is easy.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   

reply to post by spacevisitor

sorry but lofl

Sorry, but I really don’t know what you mean by that word Lofl ??

what do you expect from the Vatican..its an obvious move to accept right...

As I said earlier, they have no other choice then to adapt themselves to that new reality and therefore hoping for the best that their flock will accept it also that easy, which I absolutly doubt.

the problem is will the common citizen accept the fact that Jesus didnt come here

The real problem is, that there are many problems which those common citizens has to deal with regarding this Extraterrestrial presence here.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join