It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Modern tribes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 05:15 AM
link   
It's about the natural way any group of free people will organize. Free - meaning they can just leave and go their own way. But an organization appears - people seeking happiness, and it's something "natural", the same way other animals live in groups.

See the 2 links - from my blog.

Benjamin Franklin says :

"But when white persons of either sex have been taken prisoners young by the Indians, and have lived a while among them, tho’ ransomed by their Friends, and treated with all imaginable tenderness to prevail with them to stay among the English, yet in a Short time they become disgusted with our manner of life, and the care and pains that are necessary to support it, and take the first good Opportunity of escaping again into the Woods, from whence there is no reclaiming them."

Why ? Why does this story even exist ? Why is there no opposite story ? Something about how great our civilization is and how everybody wants to join ? Because - it's not great, it's a machine that eats people. They become parts of it.

By mistake I edited the first post instead of a reply. Sorry, here are the links :
paimei01.blogspot.com...
paimei01.blogspot.com...

[edit on 19-11-2009 by pai mei]

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   
So.... what exactly are you saying? Are you presenting something to bring to the table? Offering a theory/fact with proof? Care to get into detail a bit more specifically about what you're trying to say? Sorry... all you're doing, it seems, is inserting some sort of prelogue, or pre-introduction... idea or concept. Sorry.... maybe just me

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I do not tend to apply it's machinations to conscious thought. It may be alive, it might be an entity, but it is not autonomous. The actions of all effect it in every way. Sometimes I think it exists because we want it to. Like a cloud on a hot summers day. We might even welcome it at first thinking it is a help, at least temporarily. Sometimes it is the harbinger of winds and floods washing and wiping away our efforts. We are left to rebuild, again as it watches.

When we react to this reflection of ourselves we give it credence. We empower it in a way it could never sustain willfully. Sometime we do it looking, and sometimes we look away and do it blindly. Make no mistake it is us.

It is the machinations of us.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Yes,

I am also a supporter of Neo-Tribalism.
Small self-sustaining villages under 200 people.
Like a stable atom, the longest lived entity in the universe.

A small stable community has more efficient long-term use of resources.

Also the social connections are far more stable and long term.
Enhancing patience and appreciation for what be.

Allowing for greater diversity,
as each village can have it's own internal belief system,
only needing common protocols for exchanges with neighboring villages.

top topics

join