It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oil tankers parked off British coast as speculators wait for prices to rise

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Cheeky little...

There are oil tankers at anchor off the coast of Britain waiting for the price of petrol to rise before they dock and unload. Speculators are making a fortune and it's reported that the value of the oil within the tankers may be rising by as much as £1million per day.

Residents say that some have been there for months, the daily profit increase more than covering their maintenance costs.

Personally I can see both sides. One, it's a bloody good idea; and two, it's skating around the edge of legality and laughing in the face of consumers. I'm torn between the two to be honest, whilst I agree with entrepeneurial innovation, I despise bullies, and these middlemen are just that.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Sendran.

[edit on 19/11/2009 by Sendran]

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   
wonderful, because the cost of living in general isnt already artificialy high!

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 06:09 AM
link   
I predict in 6 or 12 months time people won't find this kind of behavior amusing - they will probably be out on little boats shooting at them.

Of course thats terrorism - and they will be tortured and killed by our lovely governments.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   
here in the UK petrol prices are rising all the time.

Last year i had to sell my 4x4 because of the cost of deisel, I was paying £1.30 a litre. Now its £1.08 a litre. But i did hear rumours it was going back up to £1.30 a litre before christmas.

Wish Steven Greer would get his arse in gear and get us these free energy devices he keeps going on about.

Gareth

s + f

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Or is it the fact that we have a glutton of reserves and just don't need any more oil at the moment, Creating a false flag with the MSM on board to get us to pay what ever they choose, For this oil,Just my assumption

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 06:39 AM
link   
This is just an example of the whole sham argument of increases due to demand that they feed us. Global consumption has actually dropped, so that excuse does not work anymore to justify the price increases.
Also, surely these tankers fill up with oil or refined product already bought at a fixed price? So, to keep it in limbo awaiting some speculative price increase to the consumer seems to smack of dishonesty, and possible collusion to create an artificially inflated price.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

I fully agree with ya BG, especially with with a really cool winter kicking in nice excuse to milk the sheeple more !!. Time to park the cars up and use public transport for a week, That will kick em were it hurts watch the prices drop...
Or do as i do cycle to and from work, Its great for stress and you get those Happy clappy horny feelings, LOL...

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
i believe there could be a way to let them run into problems by coordinating demand, so to speak. when the storage tanks are full, the supply chain will start to clog and once it reaches the oil exporting countries, ie. when too many ships are just loitering, there's only so much time left until they have to cut back production. at this point, storage costs will be maxed out while revenue is scheduled for a decline, because oil that hasn't been pumped can't be (physically, i mean) sold at any price, inflated or not, so that's the point when they're incurring a lot of opportunity costs.

if you're dependent on the oil, cutting back is not an option of course, but stretching the reserves of heating oil might help. i have a hunch the prevailing economic conditions, optimistic rhetoric notwithstanding, will likely create such scenario all on their own, though.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
If only everyone would band together, and boycott all fuel for our vehicles for just one or two days, it would turn the tables and have them begging us to buy it, but we are too set in our ways, and they know it, so therefor they use tactics to keep ripping the life blood out of us.

Just for two days, stay at home, ride a bicycle, use the train, one weekend, that is all it would take to scare these people into thinking twice, instead we sit around and wait for the truckers to arrange industrial action for us.

Whatever happened to doing things for ourselves? let them sit there, out at sea, if we did our bit, the price on board would plummet, they wouldn't laugh so hard then.

[edit on 10/12/2009 by azzllin]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by azzllin

Sound plan, wish there was a way people would follow through, but as with so many of these things a lot of people simply do not care enough to act..

I'm paying the same for fuel as I was when it was at it's peak.. it's such a transparent scam and yet we do nothing about it, tho I fear their greed at driving the prices up will push some over the edge at some point.

[edit on 10/12/09 by thoughtsfull]

new topics

top topics

join