It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK General Election Forum

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   
With the Queen's speech yesterday, it seems that the General Election campaign in the UK has started.

Can we have a dedicated forum for discussion on the UK General Election? So those members would want to debate the issues and the leaders have a single place to look.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Good idea. I second a vote for the UK election.

Second line

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   
as a fellow brit who uses this site alot, i also welcome this idea, count my vote in

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Sounds like a good idea, I mean what the hell..do it. It's time to scrutinise UK politicians as we do American politicians. I bet there are lott of skeletons buried deep inside there, soo many conspiracies...makes my mouth water. *evil grin*

[edit on 19-11-2009 by December_Rain]

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   
AS a Brit I'll vote for a UK Election or in the next case it'll be more like a UK EVICTION of politians.

Its a tragedy that we in the UK have no one as sensible as the US's Ron Paul, wonder if we can bribe him to come over here and be our PM?
It worked for that Transport for London position.

They're all as useless as the next guy, but the trouble is I don't want to vote Green as they're all tree hugging do gooders who will run riot over the people and just worry about shrubs instead.
Labour too gutless. and power crazed
Conservative too greedy. and power crazed
LibDems too stupid. and power crazed
BNP too racist. and getting power crazed

Wow I'm running out of parties?

Monster raving loony party or UKIP anyone? Don't think so.

Whats that one I've seen advertised here on ATS? English Party or somthing ain't it? Might have a looksee at their manifesto. mind you if its too flowery they ain't getting my vote, and besides it don't matter who we vote for , like the US it's all rigged.

And to go back a few years, my ol' Gran , bless her little cotton socks ALWAYS raved about the Communist party that used to run Acton in London in ye' olde days. Wonder if they're still around?

[edit on 19/11/09 by DataWraith]

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 06:08 AM
link   
I'm sure something will be done - a similar feature was created in 2004 (we had a live table with the results)

*hat tip Nerdling

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   
I'd also like to see this.

Although it seems obvious that Labour will be defeated, there are still a lot of points to discuss.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Go for it guys, Although i am not on the mainland i will follow with glee at the faces of the defeated, Don't really blame Gordon "he was dun up a kipper" as they say by Blair, should be arrested by the military and court marshaled for his role in supplying shabby gear to our troops, IMO....

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Needless to say I'm all for this.

I think it would be an interesting/educational forum to read for everyone on the board, not just the British posters. There is a lot to discuss.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I have always been fascinated by British political intrigue as I am with all politics. It would be interesting to see what our brothers and sisters on the other side of the pond have to say about the elections and candidates. This is a brilliant idea, and you have my

[edit on 19-11-2009 by Jakes51]

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Nef,

Can you promote this in the mods area as well?

And it is good to see members from outside of the UK supporting this even if just for the General election.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
yes by all mean lets have one set up on here but i don,t think it would make any difference because the leaches that are in politics are only there to feather thier own nests any way

i ask you when has any of them acted in the publics interest .
we the public pay them to run the country in our interest
but what do they do . they have run this country into the ground
they are killing us with heavy taxes and with the stupid pc laws. we have a post code health service i could go on and on. i am so sick that my country has come to this.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Freedom ERP

I've asked!

Heres hoping the answer comes soon

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I think the BNP will perform strongly this election. Maybe even take a seat in parliament. And whilst i find them abhorrent in the extreme, i think it could serve as a wake up call to the other, "mainstream" politicos in the UK.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Count me in for the vote, I'd like to see a UK General election forum!

Oh, DataWraith, that'll be the English Democrats I've been shouting about for quite some time. You won't find any "flowery" policies in there, just look at what the English Democrat Mayor of Doncaster has done since he took office in June.

CX

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I have to admit i have little clue about politics, and my interest in the subject was always minimal, but since being on ATS my interest has been awoken somewhat.

So i'd be all for this too.

I have much to learn on the subject, but for once in my life i would like to be able to vote having done some research and at least injected an ounce of thought first.

CX.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
Count me in for the vote, I'd like to see a UK General election forum!

Oh, DataWraith, that'll be the English Democrats I've been shouting about for quite some time. You won't find any "flowery" policies in there, just look at what the English Democrat Mayor of Doncaster has done since he took office in June.

Hi, have you got any links to any websites detailing what he's actually achieved?

The only thing i've heard was the BBC sheffield interview where he made a right tit of himself.

Be interested to know how things are now the dust has settled.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
kudos to the OP

Lets see a UK politics forum here on ATS.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
yes yes lets face it, theres enough conspiracy and corruption in british politics to have a whole conspiracy site dedicated too! I WILL vote inthe coming election but have no idea who for yet!
DEFINATLY not conservative
DEFINATLY not BNP
Maybe Labour if they get rid of Gordon brown and most of the current politicians
Liberal democrats? I am drawn to this party but their policies on crime are so not what this country needs right now, so no to them too!
So I'm guessing it will be green, ok yeah, they care about shrubs over people, well the rest of the partys dont seem to give a .... about anything other than money and power!
lets have a general election forum!

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by CRB86

A search doesn't turn up anything new, at least for me. The best place for info would be the ED site, which is linked in my sig.

He's stopped taxpayer funding for fringe "equality groups", stopped the town twinning which he saw as a reason for officials to go on jaunts to the continent at taxpayer expense, he's halved his own salary and he's cut funding to the plethora of translation services the council was paying for.

Basically, he's done verything he was elected to do.

Review the multitude of links at your pleasure. Oh, that interview I think that was a case of a man who was unprepared for the media spotlight and also, a case of the interviewer talking crap, like when they said that Councils were legally obliged to provide translation services to non-english speakers by European Court. This was false.

EDIT: Hmm, link doesn't work. Just type English democrats Mayor into google and read whatever turns up.

[edit on 19/11/09 by stumason]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join