It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to explore Mars the fun way

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Just came across this on the bbc and thought a few people would be interested, enjoy

The US space agency needs your help to explore Mars. A Nasa website called "Be A Martian" allows users to play games while at the same time sorting through hundreds of thousands of images of the Red Planet. The number of pictures returned by spacecraft since the 1960s is now so big that scientists cannot hope to study them all by themselves. The agency believes that by engaging the public in the analysis as well, many more discoveries will be made. The site is just the latest to use crowdsourcing as a tool to do science. Players at Be A Martian can earn points in one game by helping Nasa examine and organize the images into a more complete map of the planet. Another game gets users to count impact craters to help scientists understand better the relative age of rocks on Mars' surface. Nasa hopes the mix of real data and fun will also inspire the planetary scientists of tomorrow.

Link to story - news.bbc.co.uk...

Link to nasa game - BeAMartian.jpl.nasa.gov...

Lets hope some eagle eyed people can find some new anomalies for us

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 05:01 AM
link   
I read about it this morning in Newspaper, I'm gonna give it a try.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Well I tried it. It would be fun for the kids I suppose but they don't give you any pics you can blow up and examine.

After trying the map feature I think they are going to wind up with one really messed up map of mars. I cannot see how they can trust a bunch of kids/people to map this for them and get it right. You will see what I mean if you sign up for it.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
wow two minutes of the mapping was enough to frustrate me into closing out that tab. it wasn't even showing the other two photos, and there's no zoom function, so how you're supposed to ensure that you're doing the mosaic perfectly is beyond me. total fail.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
establish a high speed internet connection between earth and mars so that the time for commands given to robots/rover instant ..
Then using somekind of grid on mars make a route for rovers to race with onboard cams to show it on earth ..
send some rovers like toy buggies for sale in our toy stores to mars and then have a race with those rovers and broadcast that on primetime .. you can have sponsors ect and the private sector into this so the cost are lower and even the everest joe could have a change to enter after a contest on earth. for example every continent will have 2 winners and that will be 10 mars buggies racing 5 continents times 2 is 10 racers and have an exciting race between points.
and every year you could make it a bit harder or have different task like collect mars rocks towards a collector.. that collector would later on go back to earth for scientist to look at the rocks for science.
this way you will have the public an the scientist work to gether on tv and the people who collected those rock in the race would see something in return instead of looking on the sideline.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
The best way to explore mars is to do it in the astral plane. Almost everything in the physical world remain in astral. But nobody still thought about this right?

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by _damon

I wish I could explore it in the astral, been trying for months now but still no luck

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Broonie

yes but once you can go into astral, its like having the keys to open all the doors. The astral plan is the ultimate way to get informations because there are no physical limits there. The astral is like going on the other side of a mirror, it is an overview of the raw reality. Thats why i believe that plenty of ppl on ats that claim they can go in astral are liers, coz they would say what is really going on in the world and wouldnt need to come on internet to find answers...

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
This is what fascinates me so much about it, learning lots of knowledge. I get to a stage of feeling like I am freefalling then vibrating but that's as far as I have managed so far. From what I read there are many evil entities in the astral, is this true or is it just fear taking over?

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Calling astral inhabitants "evil" is incorrect. There is one rule there: survival. How do they survive? By "eating" or absorbing energy called chi, ki. There are the larvas, which stuck to their prey and absorb their energy indefinitely (very small amount of energy, its a form of parasitism) or the schemes which feed on the energy released from emotions or impulsions, these can manipulate our emotions, make them bigger so we feed them more with chi. The interesting thing with the schemes is that these can be made subconsciously by anyone who have strong emotions/ideas/will. There are far more but if you control your emotions, you wont attract them. Plus, whether you are in astral or in the physical world, the larvas or schemes can target you anyways. These "creatures" are like small parasites that feed on you but wont or cant kill you.

You must be aware that astral is totally different from our world, so if you fear unknown, don't go there. Truth is not a good thing to know when you fear what you dont want to be...

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Ok thanks for clearing that up. I have to say I do fear the unknown but I want to embrace my fears and learn more about myself in doing this. The astral just sounds so different and wonderful that I want to find what I'm missing out on. Have you ever been to the Akashic plane? Is there such a thing?

Thanks for the info

new topics

top topics

join