It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Dog Abuse Case

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 02:35 AM
link   

The Dog Abuse Case

www.animalrights.lt

Over the past few days we have been receiving many letters from around the world on dog abuse case in Lithuania (see video here). We are grateful to all those who are concerned about this incident and we want to assure everyone that this case actually resulted in a significant resonance in Lithuania (1, 2, 3, ...), and a person charged with this crime has already been identified and arrested.

Svajūnas Beniukas....

The dog in the video survived, but its condition is very serious.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.liveleak.com
www.liveleak.com

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 02:35 AM
link   
This garbage right here just makes me sick. The punk's name is Svajûnas Beniukas, and I believe that he even has a FB page. A bounty was placed on his capture, and he was arrested by Lithuanian Authorities. However, in Lithuania the typical punishment for "Animal Abuse" is only a $130 FINE (Yeah, the same as running a stop sign here in America). We need to see to it that justice is appropriately meted out in this case.

Just to let folks know, the second and third links which I have provided are the videos provided with this case. The first video is of the incident in question, and the second video is of the dog being treated in the Rescue Vet's Office. I am uncertain of how these might pertain to the ATS Graphic Video policy, but I can assure you that there is no blood, and most certainly nothing of an adult nature (Beyond the act committed in of itself). These videos are crucial in letting ATS members realize the severity of this case, and I hope that by providing them, that I am still posting within the ATS guidelines. Thank you, and let us all do our best to assure that justice is truly brought about in this case. Please Pray and/or Wish Well for this Canine Companion dubbed "Pepper"!

www.animalrights.lt
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 02:41 AM
link   
what a moron, typical lack of mental stimulation.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 02:44 AM
link   
*SNIP*

S & F because I can't stand animal cruelty.

I can't believe he got off so lightly, in releasing this video he is obviously proud of what he has done.

MOD NOTE: Please watch the Profanity

[edit on 19-11-2009 by burdman30ott6]

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   
not a violent person unless in extreme circumstances, some of those circumstances include mindless assault on helpless (or even innocent shall i say) animals.

I'd probably get jail time for my response towards anyone i happened to come across commiting such atrocity.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 04:05 AM
link   
God... What can i say... The cries of the dog after hitting the ground were too much for me. How the earth can stand these subhuman parasites on its surface, i don't know. I hope there is a karma and that guy will eventually get what he deserves.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   
That's horrific....i have pet dog too and I can only imagine if someone would dare to do that with my dog I would do that and much more to any person irrespective of how law views my action later. I would probably end up killing a person with lott of pain who treats animal in such a way.

Many years ago (when I was a kid) I saw few kids shoving a stick to a cow anus, I snatched the stick from the kid and shoved the same into him and asked him how he felt now. This happened in a public market, I bet that kid would not dare to abuse any animal in his lifetime again.

These uneducated pathetic low life scum should be treated in same way and more that's the only way to make them realise the suffering they instill upon other helpless living beings.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Simple solution - euthanise him.

The way we treat animals says everything about how we view the world.

My compassion is zero for people who do this.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Well, I just watched the video and I am very disappointed at the the sorry state of some in humanity. What does that scum get out of throwing that animal off the bridge like that? Why do people do what they do? That age old questions persists since I was a boy. I asked my father that very question when I was young. His answer was, "There is no answer, they just do." So even as a child, I found out that the human mind is an endless maze with seemingly no end to the darkness with in. My perception of the question just got more complicated as I got older.

Laughing and jollying around as that dog lay on the ground with a broken back by such a fall, makes my stomach turn. Before the fall, I saw the dog turn its head in the direction of others in the group, and it gave a look that spells, "Help Me!", and no one stopped that idiot. So, the revelers in the group, are as sick as the one throwing the dog, because they stood by silent and snickered along with the thrower.

This instance reminds of the outrage a few years ago when a Marine on a combat tour in Iraq flung a puppy over a cliff and someone uploaded the video on You Tube. If I remember correctly, the Marine may have been disciplined and discharged. However, this type of behavior needs to be dealt with harshly, because if it is not, what is to stop people like this from doing the same things to human beings, as their lust for pain and suffering progresses?

[edit on 19-11-2009 by Jakes51]

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

I completely agree with you, unless these kind of things are dealt with harshly they will not stop.

What I said in my previous post, what I found the most apalling was inspite of the kids shoving it in cows anus standing in market not 1 person told them to stop. They just carried on...I stood there watching those kids in horror for like 20-25 seconds before I could take it anymore. People just carried on like nothing was happening. However, when I started shoving the stick back into the boy they made a huge circle around me...though noone dared to say a word, because they knew what I was doing was correct.

I remember when I was very small (like 2-5 yrs old) I went to a zoo, in there there was a cage for peacock...I was fascinated by it's long beautifull feathers. I asked the cage care taker to pluck a feather for me coz I liked it very much, all he did was pull lil' strings of my hair on head and asked me if it hurted me? I said yes it did, he said same way it would hurt the animal too. That's one lesson I always remember and will remember my entire life. It's been 25 yrs that happenned but it's still fresh in my memory.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

I enjoyed life's lesson you shared with me about the peacock and the animal handler at the zoo. You are right, personally, I think parents, or adults in general, are failing the children, by not teaching them about the value of life and compassion to those that are defenseless. When I was young, I was taught these values by my parents, and I have gone into adulthood with them etched in my mind. The type of behavior you have shared, and the behavior of those presented in the video must be addressed harshly and corrected, or that type of behavior only leads to more vile and ghastly behavior in the future. Thanks for sharing your personal experiences on the topic.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
God what is wrong with people?

I have seen different media related to true stories of humans doing such cruel things to other humans and animals and still cannot believe how cruel people can be.

The crying of the dog was rather heart breaking. Those doing the filming should get just as strict a punishment as the guy tossing the dog over. The punishment should be more than a fine it should include some serious jail time.

This guy is definitely a serial killer/torture in the waiting. I wish he would have fallen off the bridge too.

Raist

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Can someone tell me whats in the video?
I can't watch stuff like that.I am an animal lover and it will ruin my day and piss me off if I watch it.
Whats in it...someone mentioned a broken back?

Nvm,I just saw Raist's post so I think I get the jist of it.

Too bad its not eye for an eye...I would love to see someone like that in the same position.

[edit on 19-11-2009 by DrumsRfun]

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I read yesterday that the deadly virus outbreak in the Ukraine has spread to Lithuania. I HOPE THIS PIECE OF USELESS S**T GETS IT!!!!!!!!!!!!
and while he lay dying, gasping for air that when he breaths feels like fire, perhaps he will think about that little innocent angel he tried to murder.
Naaaaaaa, he'll probably be asking "Why Me?"
Burn in He**!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
Can someone tell me whats in the video?
I can't watch stuff like that.I am an animal lover and it will ruin my day and piss me off if I watch it.
Whats in it...someone mentioned a broken back?

Nvm,I just saw Raist's post so I think I get the jist of it.

Too bad its not eye for an eye...I would love to see someone like that in the same position.

You are not missing anything by viewing the video, because it is rather disturbing. So, allow me to tell you what was in it. It begins with a young man holding a dog in his arms, on what looks like a major road, because he looked over his shoulder a few times before committing the act. It was during day time and it appears that there were three people with him.

One standing by him and the person operating the camera. He holds the dog up before the camera, and it has a face of foreboding and fear. I don't speak the language, but the man says something. So perhaps, someone would be so kind and translate?

There is snickering and laughing among the party before the dog is thrown and after. In regards, to the "broken back," I said it, and that is just an assumption by how high the bridge was to the ground and the way the dog fell. The bridge looked like it had to have been 3 or 4 stories high as account of the camera panning down as the dog fell. It looked as though it fell on its stomach, and on the impact, moved on its side with its tail still wagging. It was horrific, but that is the video for you, and I advise not watching it. However, it was rescued by a vet, and is being treated. Again, I don't speak the language, so the extent of the injuries are unknown.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

I am not sure why you posted the cop vs. kitty video. I seen it the other day though and found it pretty funny. The cop is surprisingly patient with the little cat letting it climb all over him like that. The chest and back would not be that bad due to the vest under the shirt, but the legs and arms had to have hurt some.

It ends with the cop scooping the kitty with his foot gently and slightly tossing him away and walking away with the kitty chasing him down. It makes me wonder if the cop had rolled in catnip or if he had a tuna sandwich on him lol.

I found the cop vs. kitty video entertaining though nothing like some guy tossing a dog over a bridge that is 2-3 stories in the air with no water below.

Raist

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Hey folks, I just felt the need to provide an Update on this case. Unfortunately, it is not an Update which many would ever wish to hear:

The person with a dog in his hands is a 22-years old Svajūnas Beniukas of a small Seredžius town (district of Jurbarkas). The dislike of animals he appears to have is linked to infamous history of animal abuse in his family: just a two years ago his grandfather killed a cat by throwing it over to an aggressive dog. Unfortunately, he was fined 20 LTL (8,5 USD) only – Lithuanian laws in that sense are very mild.

Svajūnas Beniukas is well-known to local police. He is unemployed, drinks regularly and has been involved in many local conflicts – he is a known town roughneck. He previously was charged with theft in Kaunas and Jurbarkas districts.

On 20th of November court session regarding the dog abuse case was held. The jury has listened to witness testimonies and will pronounce the verdict for Svajūnas Beniukas on 23th of November. Beniukas in his defence said he have sought revenge on the dog after it was suspected of killing some of his mother's chickens.

The widely circulated dog abuse footage was most likely made during the weekend [November 14-15th]. For some time the dog was lying under a bridge. Then he was found by one man who took the dog to the police station, from where it was sent to medical treatment facilities at "Nuaras". Pipiras (so was named the dog, Lithuanian for Pepper) which was estimated to be around 4 years old was for a few days treated in animal care center "Nuaras", in Kaunas. Pipiras avoided serious bone fractures but had many injuries to internal organs - these were in severe contusion because of the high fall (over 20 meters). On the night between 21st and 22nd of November Pipiras died.

Both "Nuaras" staff and we at Animal Rights Lithuania received numerous calls or emails from concerned people. They offered their assistance, many wanted to take care of Pipiras after it would recover (which, sadly, eventually never happened).

"Pepper" Has Passed Away

top topics

join