It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reckless Cop Crashes Car at 95 MPH Kills 2 Innocent Teens

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Epitaph25
reply to post by eNumbra

I can see your point. But, I think, there would have been no fatalities had the Cop not been driving at over 90 MPH.

Very unfortunate.

Agreed, definitely.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
What an idiot! That type of behavior is unacceptable, where the hell was his sirens? If he was heading to a scene, how are the other drivers supposed to know? Suspension without pay, seems a little light, given vehicular manslaughter as the offense? He should have to write a letter to those kid's parents every year on their birthdays, seeking forgiveness as long as he lives. Like what they have done with drunk drivers in the past.

Nothing the courts can do will bring the kids back, but an honest heartfelt act of sorrow by the police officer would be in order, as I have mentioned earlier. This story stinks, but accidents happen all the time, and unfortunately this time by a law enforcement officer. On another note, whatever happened to yielding at an intersection? This is just an idiot cop not paying attention, plain and simple. He should have been fired!

[edit on 19-11-2009 by Jakes51]

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
They don't hire many smart cops any more ..........police are arrogant......even the nice ones are somewhat arrogant.....

And when you are arrogant, you do what you want.....

this is the result...

case closed...

btw: WITH PAY ??????? why ???

How many other people who kill somebody get payed for it?

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Epitaph25

The fact is that the teen driver did not yield the right of way to the Police. It was her fault.

I think, there would have been no fatalities had the Cop not been driving at over 90 MPH.

How do you know this?

[edit on 19-11-2009 by CowboyDrifter]

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by CowboyDrifter

How do I know that?

Common sense. And, a little knowledge of physics.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
The whole "all cops aren't bad argument" is getting tired! All citizens aren't bad either, but let one person out of the 300 million we have living in this country break the law in some way, and we all have to pay. They (the government) will use that instance to write however many new laws, bans, restrictions, etc. Yet there is countless occurances where cops kill or harm us breaking the same laws we have to abide by and their system is never changed. There are never new rules or policy changes applied to government officials. They get suspended sentences, suspensions for a couple of weeks, even paid for counseling and then put back on the job. _javascript:icon('
')

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by CowboyDrifter

I think, there would have been no fatalities had the Cop not been driving at over 90 MPH.

Speed limits on a road with traffic lights rarely exceed 50mph.

So it stands to reason not doubling that would have given the teen enough time to turn without being hit.

[edit on 11/19/2009 by eNumbra]

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Whats to say that the side impact wouldnt have broke her neck if the cop was going 35 mph. She was ejected from the vehicle which means she wasnt wearing a seat belt. You werent there so you cant assume that she would be alright if the cop was going 40 MPH. The cop did break the rules, the cop should be charged with Reckless Driving, but since the accident was the teens fault it shouldnt be Vehicular Manslaughter. You have to yield to the right of way.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by CowboyDrifter

Whats to say that the side impact wouldnt have broke her neck if the cop was going 35 mph. She was ejected from the vehicle which means she wasnt wearing a seat belt. You werent there so you cant assume that she would be alright if the cop was going 40 MPH. The cop did break the rules, the cop should be charged with Reckless Driving, but since the accident was the teens fault it shouldnt be Vehicular Manslaughter. You have to yield to the right of way.

If he was doing 40 he wouldn't have been passing through that junction at that point in time, if he was doing 40 his reaction time would have doubled.

However, I don't believe this to be murder, for reasons already stated by others, but have little doubt that this is a case for manslaughter.

I would still like to know what the circumstances were that would have him speeding past another cop car to get to the scene of a crime first and whether he was justified in not having his lights and siren going?

[edit on 19-11-2009 by Koka]

new topics

<< 1   >>

join