It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would it take to get you to RIOT?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
One person cannot be a riot, maybe a laugh riot. There is nothing that would make me join a riot
ne of the worst traits of human nature. To join a mob scene is evil. Mobs have no direction or purpose.
What would it take for me to fight back? Just one little push.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by VonDoomen

We must beat these people by being and showing ourselves to be better than them, not by stooping to their level or playing their game.

I do not believe a violent revolution would be beneficial, even if it won. The leader/s of such a violent revolution would show they are no different than the previous owners.

True. Also these leaders of the violent revolution would be the ones to assume power after all is said and done. Would anything really change after a revolution based on pointless violence? The new boss would be the same as the old boss, maybe worse.

I'd have to agree with the lovey-dovey peacenik on this thread. The only thing that would truly change the minds of the majority of people is a peaceful, buddhist monk-like protest that blocked some streets. Then, when the leaders have no choice but to oppose the protest with brutality and violence, their inhumanity would be broadcast across the world. It would be undeniable.

The flip side is also quite beneficial to society but far simpler. The leaders actually listen to the protestors and act to serve the citizens. The citizens who choose to maintain peace in exchange for just leadership. But I don't see the leaders of the world taking any protest serious enough to actually address the complaints.

Rioting is pointless violence and plays right into the hands of TPTB. They control the means of violence. Army, Navy, Air Force, Police forces and hired mercenaries are all at their disposal. So tell me, how do the rioters decide that they've won?

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by lucid_dream_tricks

I'd have to devolve into an immature adolescent. Or, did you mean engage in peaceful protest?

Peaceful protest by law abiding contributors to society is incredibly powerful. Rioting is the surest way to turn most of society against you. That is why you generally only see adolescents, illiterates, criminals and crazed anarchists in riots.

Learn from Martin Luther King, who did it right and accomplished so much he gained the respect of the whole country and even the world. Don't emulate idiot's like the Weather Underground and turn everyone against you; even the people who agree with you.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by solarstorm

How about YOU start us off? Whats ur line?

I would physically resist if someone tried to forcibly inject me with whatever death chemicals they've dumped in the vaccines.

Since there really isn't any way that a single person can riot, I suppose I should have phrased the question: "What would it take to get you to JOIN a riot?"

I definitely would never riot in the sense of wrecking legitimate businesses.

However at this point it, if there was a group marching down the street right now outside my front door demanding an end to debt-based currency I would go join them.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
In other words, if the government physically took up arms against me, for instance by shooting at me or injecting me with nasty chemicals then I would fight back with whatever physical force I had to, including joining a violent riot out of self defense.

If the govt isn't actively trying to murder me, then I would limit myself to bitching about it on the internet or a peaceful protest.

There is some question about whether chemtrails contain poisons and in that sense maybe they are trying to murder us right now. So violent force may be justified for self defense.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
When food will cost more than the average person can afford, and only the rich can still eat, people will stop watching the tv and get up from the couch.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by HappilyEverAfter
I will not riot.
Why would I want to entertain anyone?
I will become as dark as a shadow and as quiet as silence.
I will be effective.
That is a sure sure thing.

I pretty much feel the same way, I'm not a front man. I wouldn't participate in a riot, though I if I was I could riot over idiotic gun control, but i think that would hurt gun owners more then it would help them. I can see it now.. "Look at those savages, all gun owners... gotta get those guns away from them before they hurt someone!"

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   

A gigantic posse of RIOT GRRRLS!

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Riots, I would say something forcing vaccines on the population with weapons or arrest for not taking it. If the violate their oaths - and they
will. (george bush sr. said they would be successful). and the lack of Objections within Law Enforcement would mean to me complicity. but who knows - they say we have to have faith in our fellow man. history would suggest otherwise.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   

What would it take ME to riot?? well, let's see....

Take away my kids from me Or force the separation of me and my family...

Pull the financial rug out from under me....

Deny me the right to the basics-food, water, shelter......

That would be about it I guess............

I WANT to ask you a question........

What branch of the government do you work for???

Why are you using ATS and this thread to flush out dissidents and their reasons to protest their government??

It seems like an odd question to ask...........that's all

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by midnightbrigade
I'm awfully excitable these days...I about rioted when my bar ran out of Crown...

hahhahahha...sorry

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I just applied and got my hand gun permit, it has caused me to think and to become more responsible.
I think the Government is really trying, it just they don't know what their doing.

Now having appied to become a private FEMA contractor, when and if the # hits the fan, I'll be one of the one's authorizing your grant checks, in case a disaster hits your area.

Well I haven't been hired yet, but they even pay extra, so you can pay your health insurance.

per diem

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
When will I riot?

When England get knocked out of next years World Cup.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
In case THEY are watching, i won't say, but if you want to know pm me.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   

I have been part of a riot.
The whole thing was race based, I hadn't joined in and had mixed feelings until three black guys jumped me.
The white side jumped in to help me and after that I was part of the three day bongo party.
Our riot started at the High School I was attending, so it was an exciting three day name calling, rock throwing, fisticuffing, getting drunk/stoned ooogaboooga trip.
By the end of it both black and white were tired of fighting and we all became friends again.
We didn't attend classes the fourth day either and instead kicked off a big party(it was friday) for black and white alike.
The entire reason for the riot was a black guy got into a fight with a white guy and people just kept piling on, we were all told to leave the school, but we didn't leave the quad.
Good clean fun, not one window was broken, not one dumpster was set alight, some of us fell back to federal property (the post office) and FBI guys came out to take our picture so somewhere there is a picture of me flipping off an FBI agent, he said thanks because it made the picture more "rioty".
Few riots are as much fun today, so I don't join any.

"The original fire is dead and gone, but the riot inside rages on"

[edit on 20-11-2009 by Luminaught]

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Riots are ridiculous and redundant ways to get your point across. It's just like protesting, but with vandalism and more people hurting each other.

If you want to prove a point, beating the crap out of cars down a street with a hundred people is stupid.

It's best to be more discrete with your actions.

[edit on 19-11-2009 by Whine Flu]

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by unworldly
Me, a frustrated single guy? Whatever would make you think so?

As they say, the grass is always greener on the other side...

Single and celibate by choice for the past 6 years. I cannot fathom why people enjoy relationships. Having to worry about buying someone else birthday gifts, xmas gifts, having to tell them where you're going all the time, having to share everything with them, the list goes on and on.

Relationships are for procreating in my opinion, anything else is a waste of time and money. I have no desire for children, so life is grand. Enjoy what you have, for it won't last. Someday you'll be married and hate life.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude
One person cannot be a riot, maybe a laugh riot. There is nothing that would make me join a riot
ne of the worst traits of human nature. To join a mob scene is evil. Mobs have no direction or purpose.
What would it take for me to fight back? Just one little push.

I must ask, was the Boston Tea Party a riot?
Sometimes, one must take a stand.
Sometimes, men reach their limit.

If a select few never stood up to the tyranny of the "King"
we would not have had these 200 odd years of freedom.
The trick is knowing who the “King” is, and who is your neighbor.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Rioting makes so much sense. Lemmings of the world unite!

Burn down your neighbors house so he has an excuse to burn yours. Drive the grocer out of town so next week you starve. Steal an axe handle so you can break every car window and then come home an cry to the heavens "Why did they break my car? What did I ever do to deserve it."

Riots are Darwins way of weeding out the scum by systemic suicide. So go ahead Lemmings and get those expensive running shoes. Be the first over the edge. You deserve it! You have earned the right to lead. So lead.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Well, I understand there was a bit of a riot when my College basketball team won the National Championship.

But I didn't even riot when the Ohio National Guard murdered 4 students in cold blood (not at my school), but many did.

I marched and protested very loudly, held sitins, and blockaded buildings. But we didn't riot.

What does rioting solve? All it does is give the authorities an excuse to beat your head in.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join