It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DOD paying the terrorists to attack us!?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
It really didn't surprise me all that much with the knowledge of the C.I.A.'s connection to Bin Laden but what I am waiting for next is how this money is going towards one of the biggest troop killers, I.E.D.'s.

Private security contractors are among the most complex relationships we have in overseas contingency operations. Since the beginning of the war in Afghanistan in 2001, both domestic and foreign corporations have been contracted to provide security to American bases, dignitaries and logistics convoys. At worst these corporations, such as Xe (formerly known as Blackwater) and Triple Canopy, make our jobs harder through their murky command structure and wild west cowboy attitudes. When Blackwater massacred civilians in Iraq it certainly hindered our counterinsurgency efforts. It wasn't, however, as if they were directly funding the insurgency we were fighting. No, the private security contractors saved that tactic for Afghanistan.

Huffington Post

I doubt there is a contracting agency in the AOR that is trustworthy. All of them out for money and all of them working for the shadowy figures pulling the strings.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Guess I'm not the only one not surprised? No one even disagrees?

[edit on 19-11-2009 by GenLo]

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I think the guy in the video is about to lose it.

I have read other similar articles claiming we are paying the insurgents not to fight us. It does sound alarming. But with 60,000 or so troops in a country that is almost the size of Texas, I don't see how we could protect the troops if we weren't paying them. Our troops are all spread out.

It seems like a double edge sword. On one hand we get protected and on the other hand we gave them the money to continue the fight.

I only can hope that Obama can make a prompt decision
as to whether or not this is really a necessary war.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
"DOD paying the terrorists to attack us!?"

I'm pretty sure Maj. Hassan was on the DoD's payroll. Does that count?

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
The sad thing about this is that in paying the taliban,the US gov is not just facilitating the deaths of their own troops,they are keeping the taliban in weapons/food etc.

Thus making a very difficult war much harder for the troops,and much harder for them to get out of the war.
The taliban won't stop because they will never run out of funds.
The US cannot stop,because the taliban keep fighting and maybe even keep getting stronger.
Now the even sadder thing is this:

The US government MUST KNOW THE ABOVE,they simply cannot be as stupid not to know,its not rocket science for God's sake...

So the US government knows they are causing more US troop deaths,and knows they are sustaining the Taliban and making leaving Afghanistan all but impossible-
Even the most non conspiratorial person could be forgiven for thinking that the US Gov want a perpetual war,and think the loss of troops is acceptable..
How bloody awful is that?

new topics

top topics

join