It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heatwave in South Australia, QLD and NSW....firefighters on standby for severe Bushfires

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpinifexPrincess
reply to post by OzWeatherman

the brainwashed "pro global warming party" run with it!

could you elaborate a little, if your viewpoint is that global warming is a hoax perpetrated by 'someone' then what is its that you believe to be the truth?

I'm not gearing up for an argument or anything,
I'm just curious as to whether it is similar to my beliefs or not.

-B.M

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
The heating can easily be explained by increased saucer activity in the upper atmosphere

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChristinaA
The heating can easily be explained by increased saucer activity in the upper atmosphere

LOL

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
drove out to robertstown on weekend, back through eudunda nuiri, angaston, eden valley, springton....

robertstown - eudunda drive late morning of sunday just gone, was fckn terrifying!!

day started cloudless, then very picturesque fine skies with light white fluffy clouds, then intense heat with very gusty & cold winds, then driving back suddenly all these clouds appear from the west (i think) and they were going bloody fast & it was bloody intimidating and the clouds seemed really really close to the road...like 200m or something, it was weird, anyway to get to the point, the rain came so fast & hard & out of the blue that max setting on wipers didn't do jack all & the semi trailer trucks coming towards me on the straights were getting shoved across the road a good half a metre or so each time while my heavily loaded station wagon did the same, it was basically like, we're both going at least 100km's can't see the road & can't keep in a straight line...god fckn help me!

but for whatever reason i'm here to type about it and i'm grateful to be alive & safe. I swear i saw a few local farmers pulled over to the side of the road in work utes just waiting for the storm to pass, i should've followed their advice, that drive was ridiculous. 2hrs and about a dozen changes of temperature & weather conditions with the gustiest wind i've ever driven through.

the arid desert type areas of Australia that I've never experienced first hand & by myself before, are incredibly harsh. It made me realise that I would not last a week in survival conditions out there. I spent most of my childhood in Tasmania so the environments i'm used to are a little different!

-B.M

P.S) I've seen videos of super cell storms on youtube and from up robertstown way you can see like 3 times the area of sky that it would take to cover all of adelaide, and you've got that range of sight in all directions, this storm/cold front thing was moving very very fast and at a few moments I thought it looked ALOT like the youtube videos i'd seen... :S

[edit on 28/11/09 by B.Morrison]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join