It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News Runs Old Palin Campaign Footage, Reports It As Book-Signing Crowds

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Connector
Journalism is a all about accuracy and truth.

Who said anything about journalism? This is the mainstream media we're talking about.

What people don't seem to understand is media companies are just that - companies. They are in the business for the business; it is all about the money. What increases revenue? Ratings. What increases ratings? Drama.

The media companies don't go for accuracy and truth; they go for drama. They stage these confrontational interviews and debates between experts; they create sensational headlines and top news stories; they over-exaggerate initial reports and statistics.

Unfortunately for us they are well within their right to do this. They are protected under the first amendment to say and do anything they want with the news, not only with freedom of speech, but with freedom of the press; Freedom of the press means FREEDOM of the press, not ACCURACY or TRUTH of the press.

I despise this fact as much as the next person, but this is the world we live in, and until someone comes up with a way to deliver news at no cost to them or taxpayers, there will always be an influencing factor (such as profit) that drives the news from accurate and truthful to biased and exaggerated.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Faux News=MSNBC as Dem=Repub as Bush=Obama

Their u go

Everything is a go!

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Yes, happens all the time "Where is the live stream coming in?" - "Its in the Campaign-McCain Folder on the 2008 volume"

Seriously: 2 times in a row the same miracle happens (Archive footage clicks itself into a news piece, and that random clip just happens to be of a similiar event) and fox apologetics here still say it was incompetence and not malice?

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by debunky

First of all, I am far from a 'FOX News apologetic'. In fact, I despise them. But there is no "malice" involved here. There is nothing to gain by airing false footage and claiming it is footage from a book signing. Think about it. This is a BOOK SIGNING we are talking about! If it were a political rally, I may understand and agree. But not a freaking book signing.

Second of all, FOX News addressed the issue and apologized for the error. Were it intentional they wouldn't address it and bring more attention to it. They would act as if it never even happened and allow it to eventually slip from people's memories.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   
The "apologetics" wasn't directly aimed at you. Funny enough most of the crowd from the hannity/stewart thing didn't show up here

The problem with this is twofold:
1) a similiar "mistake" happened 2 times in a row
2) It is less of a mistake, but more of a miracle: 2 times a random clip from the archive finds its way into the current piece, and in both cases that random clip is an almost, but not quite, close enough fit.

As for the qui bono: I don't think showing big crowds wanting the Book is going to hurt ms Palins sales very much. And since she is "one of us" faux will want to help her.

The saying goes never attribute to malice what is adequately explained by incompetence. Don't think this one is adequately explained (2 times within 7 days no less)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Thought this was worthy of a bump in light of the latest Fox "screw up".

Fox again shows us, that reporting doesn't matter.....just appearance. It's funny that the replies from some at the start of this thread replied (I"ll summarize)....." No big deal". My response was....it is a big deal and I predict we'll see more and more of this in the future. Futures here, just a few months later.

EDIT:

Hmmm just noticed the mods had moved this to Dis-info/Deflection. Maybe that's why it never got much traction. Originally it was in Political madness.......I think it should belong there.
edit on 16-2-2011 by Connector because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join