It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The largest street gang in America.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by foxhoundone
C mon you guys How many on ATS have actually been tasered beaten up falsely arrested by "rouge cops" I suggest very few on the whole,
On initial basic training you are taught profiling, To automatically appraise a situation and then act accordingly, You know they have careers kids and mortgages to ya know ??

Always be nice to a policeman you never know when you need one !! ..

As I said before I worked as a volunteer cop for years, they are scum. And if you need cop, then most likely it's to clean up the mess because the crime has already been committed. They are never around when you need them so you need to be prepared to take care of things yourself or you will be a victim forever!

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by caballero

you think american cops are bad?

they'll look like godsent angels when you experience what its like in other countries

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by reject

But US Cops should'nt be compared to scum countries, but should be compared with countries like Denmark , right ?

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Here we have an independent organisation called the police omnibus,
Set up to regulate and discipline unprofessional behavior by police members,
Been very successful with grievances and is staffed by civilian and politicians and even ex senior police officers, They are probably the most monitored police force in the world,
does your part of the world not have this system in force ??

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Totally. It shouldn't be a scum comparison. They are supposed to be there as civil servants to help the community. I joined because I wanted to help keep OUR community safe. Sadly that's not the reason for most cops these days. It's sad that it's come to comparing them to the worst cops in the world.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by foxhoundone
Here we have an independent organisation called the police omnibus,
Set up to regulate and discipline unprofessional behavior by police members,
Been very successful with grievances and is staffed by civilian and politicians and even ex senior police officers, They are probably the most monitored police force in the world,
does your part of the world not have this system in force ??

There is indeed methods to report Officers who are not professional but it rarely works for a multitude of reasons. For one these officers are protected from the top and bottom. Fellow cops and these cops' supervisors will say or do just about anything to justify their behavior to civilian review boards. Also many abuses go unreported out of fear of the police. Fear of retaliation for reporting even by the police. Plus they are almost like a tenured professor where it takes an act of God to get most cops removed from duty once they make the team so to speak.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by caballero

Know your enemy!

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by KINGOFPAIN

sad i feel for the innocent that die at the hands of cops... sickens me.

ok yoda...and do you feel sad for the innocent cops that die at the hands of criminals?

probably not.

hopefully the people in this thread also realize there are 1000 cops that dont abuse their power (beyond getting a free cup of coffee here and there) for every 1 that does. There is a reason such stories get national cover...its because its not the norm.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
...On the other hand, I do understand why they react as they do.
Once too many times those individual policemen have encountered situations that had gone bad, if they slack a little on their own saftey - but still: the individual policeman should press the "RESET" button in himself, and not go out on the street again with all that anger and frustration in him.

again, I wish that our Big Brother (USA) would learn a little from us the little brother - in the way policemen should behave (even though we also have some situations like in the movie
)

BUT as our contry is so small (only about 5,5 mill !) its easy to control the police and almost every big case, like the first insident in the movie - with the 16 year old boy - would in Denmark have made headlines in newspappers and the policeman would have been fired.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by praxis

That's the problem, most do not know their rights and the cops don't care about abusing your rights anyway. They can always chalk it up to you disobeying and officer or resisting arrest.

You have the right to refuse to even speak to a (peace) officer, by your rights you have the right to walk away without identifying yourself, they must have probable cause to investigate you any further, not just their lame suspicion because you won't talk to them. It won't matter anyway, cops are the worst people when it comes to the what your rights are, now days they will just taze you first bro, then laugh about it later.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
The police murder innocent black males daily, but of course you don't care until it's a pretty white boy. This country is pathetic!

When I was younger than 15 cops would question me and if they didn't like my answers they would beat me and put guns in my face. Did anybody give a #? No, I'm not white so it doesn't matter. When a black kid commits a misdemeanor you're ready to throw the book at him, when a white kid commits a drug felony you're running around trying to arrange a rehab bed for him. YOU ARE PATHETIC AMERICA. # YOU!

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   
S & F

incredible montage. the part about hope steffey almost made my cry. after watching this, can you condemn someone for labeling them pigs?

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Try living in a city without cops. Please. When your mugged or beaten or raped or whatever who is the first people your gonna want to call?

Anti Cop rhetoric. It's a bunch of bull

Yes there are dick cops out there, I won't deny it. But not every cop is crooked.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
haven't watched past the first 10 minutes yet. but,

the absolute most frightening thing about this isn't so much the cops as the citizens cheering the cops on "get him!" and "let the police handle it."

that's what really makes me worry. get him? let the police handle it? we're in for some very tough years if people don't wake up.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Who talks about living in a city without cops ?

Those "few" rotten cops should just learn to protect and serve, instead of covering each other (damn that bar scene - poor waitrise).
They should just be cops - and not bullys ! ! !

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I'm posting from Toronto where the murder count for the year is somewhere between 50 and 60 people.

That's for a city with more than 3 million people in the metropolitan area. In other words, I know that in comparison to American cities, as far as violence goes, living in Toronto is like standing in the ticket lineup at DisneyWorld, not much is likely to happen to you.

However, I have worked in the "rule enforcement" business for more than twenty years as a security guard. We in the "rule enforcement" community often shake our heads at the goings on in the "law enforcement" community.

Most security guards in Canada do not carry firearms. We do not carry much authority. We do not have significant backup or really, in most situations, any backup at all if things go wrong. We are not looked up to by the public and not feared. We have nothing going for us.

Oh wait a minute. We have one small thing going for us. Our heads. We have to use them. To survive in this business you have to learn to use your head. You have to learn to influence people, not break their arms or blow them away or spray stuff on them or electrocute them.

You have to learn to size situations and people up. You have to learn good manners and diplomacy. You can't be a hot head and survive as a security guard.

The kind of training we get is the kind of training that cops seem to be lacking. Maybe cops should have to serve an apprenticeship as security guards before moving on to be cops. Maybe security should be a kind of "minor league" for cops, from which they are "called up" when senior officers think they are ready. Or maybe there should be a mandatory period, say, three years working in security that should be expected of cops, particularly patrolmen. It would give them a chance to learn to use their brains without recourse to weapons or the backup that other cops give them.

Maybe police problems are really recruitment and training problems.

If I had to pin point problem areas in police recruitment, I would focus on two things in particular, nepotism and recruiting from the military.

I would impose an alternate generation policy to cure nepotism. In other words, if your parent was a cop, look for employment elsewhere, in another type of job or as a cop but in another city.

I would put strict limits on the numbers of ex-military personnel who could become cops. It would have to be less than 50% of a police force and I mean much less. Personally, I have a hunch that the percentage should be as low as 10%. The idea is to turn the soldier into a policeman, not to turn the police force into the army, which is what seems to be happening in the US.

[edit on 19-11-2009 by ipsedixit]

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
This is almost too sick for words. If this OP is not enough, just this past November 11th the same police department is alleged to have tazed a little girl:

Arkansas Police Use Taser on 10-Year-Old Girl

[edit on 19-11-2009 by JohnD]

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Think about it, with the economy getting worse and worse you're going to have people without jobs that are going to be signing up to be cops, and not doing it to help people, they just need a job.

The police are not looking out for our best interests. We are all guilty in their eyes.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by AUM68

Those "few" rotten cops should just learn to protect and serve, instead of covering each other (damn that bar scene - poor waitrise).
They should just be cops - and not bullys ! ! !

Yes your right. That "thin blue line" has to go away. Cops need to route out the bad apples. I have seen this behavior first hand. I don't like these kind of cops and I do complain about them, in person at the police station requesting that the officer in question be present.

Why? It's because I don't commit crimes and so I have absolutely no fear of the police. And dirty cops don't like me because they know this. I also look like an upstanding person in society which makes it even more difficult for them to target me for retribution.

But in my experiences (even having been arrested before) the police I have dealt with overall good people that are just doing a job.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousMoose

Originally posted by Demoncreeper
Sadly, and I'm beating a dead horse here...but..
Cops are NOT bad.
People are bad. People are COPS.
(...snip...)
Full circle
PEOPLE are cops.

Cops make mistakes, this is a given, they are human and everyone makes mistakes...but the difference between cops and the rest of us is that if I beat someone or sexually assault someone I go to jail for a long long time...when a cop makes a mistake or willingly commits a crime he is given a free pass.
IMO they should get a stiffer jail sentence than the rest of us, because they are in a position of public trust, service, and authority. They should be held to a higher standard!

I agree.
You snipped the part of my quote where I said I didn't condone anything.
Also, I said I WAS in that field of work. I left for the same reason you speak. I agree with the stiffer sentencing for actions they do while in that position.
Plus I found a way cooler big brother job.
haha.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join