It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big time cheating in Modern Warfare 2?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
If you go check out your leaderboards in Modern Warfare 2 (Barracks --> Leaderboards ---> Kills)

you'll see the option to change filter (i believe if you hit the Y button on xbox, it'll show you national rankings...not sure about PS3 or PC)

Now - if you go to the top of the list (push X on xbox) you'll see some pretty amazing stats.

Infinity Ward has already announced that leaderboards will be reset at launch

so that leaves little doubt that something fishy is going on.

Why?

Im not setting at my xbox to get the updated stats, but last time i looked, the #1 spot had something like an 87.12 kill/death ratio with a 407 killstreak.

That means that, in one single game, someone was able to get 407 kills without dying.

For those of you who played...how often do you even see someone get 100 kills...regardless of how many times they died.

There is no doubt that there is some hardcore cheating going on here.

Anyone else able to find any information about this?

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
i have not looked, but i will take your word, i am too busy with trying to keep my butt alive from all the campers !

theres always cheatings in every game, i say ignore it

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Yeah, I heard about that video where the players are flying like 1000 feet in the air and do other stuff.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
There are a few Rank-up servers in CoD:WaW where people get killstreaks like that..
I think it's the same with MW2.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Ha don't get me started on this game (too late).

At first I loved this game, got it on launch and it was real fun.

Now I don't even play it with people finding out new ways to ruin it for everyone playing i.e javelin Hq glitch etc.

Whenever I watch killcam showing my death it never shows it exactly how it happened on my screen, for example shooting at the enemy before they got me and the killcam shows it as me not firing at all!

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
There is another cheat out there now

Put on the following perks:
Marathon, Lightweight, Commando

Then get 4 kills and the care package. Pull the Grenade, but dont throw it.

You can now run round with a much higher speed and commando people.

Lots of people are using this one now. Pretty lame.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by kurtcobainuk

Whenever I watch killcam showing my death it never shows it exactly how it happened on my screen, for example shooting at the enemy before they got me and the killcam shows it as me not firing at all!

This is typically a connection issue. If the other person has a ridiculous connection or your takes a dump for a couple of seconds, it will create a lag.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   
The thing that annoys me the most on Modern Warfare 2 for the PC anyway is the fact that when the game begins to sort the 'teams' out it seems to put most of the higher levels onto one team and the lowers on the other. Like this morning there were 3 level 70's on the opposite team, whilst on mine were all the 30'5 and 40's?.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Im positive there's some big hacking going on.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
The game is full of cheaters.

Last night, some guy got 80 kills....he was glitching like crazy

top topics

join