It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats Alarmed as Independents Bolt = Landslide Victory!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Independents bolt from Team Obama and his agenda.
It looks like they are running to the GOP for C-H-A-N-G-E.

See here:
Democrats Alarmed = Afraid

[edit on 18-11-2009 by Eurisko2012]

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Not necessarily anything new, independents have a tendency to always want to side with the underdog. Under Dubya they appeared liberal, under Hussein Obama they appear conservative...

Had to Star n Flag you just for the Pelosi pic!!!

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I wish for once they'd flock to a third or even fourth party rather than keep supporting stupidity over and over. Makes them seem not so much as Independent but as wishy-washy fence-sitters with no real minds of their own.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteDevil013

She definitely looks "alarmed" in that pic.

I have another one. Stay tuned.

Do you think we will take back the House and the Senate 2010?

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   

So... it's like a sheep stampede?

I mean you gotta be pretty stupid to go back to the GOP. Like, Republican-level stupid.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

They already have.
Look for yourself at the bottom of the page that i linked.
Landslide victory in Virginia.
Huge win a heavy DNC state of New Jersey.
Obama got egg all over his face on that one.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteDevil013

Had to Star n Flag you just for the Pelosi pic!!!

I second that! Gawd is she hideous.

I think the last quote says a lot:

“I take this data with a grain of salt,” Menendez told POLITICO. “At this moment in time, we may not be doing as well with independents as I’d like, but Republicans aren’t doing well, either.”

Might as well say, "Yeah we suck, but so do Republicans!" like that somehow makes it ok.

Here is the real reason Independents are changing the tide:

“Independents are typically more frustrated with the political process,” noted Dimock. “They tend to have a real distaste for partisanship and ideology, and that’s about all they’re hearing right now.”

That means they are the onlyones listening. Time to put partisanship aside and give America back to the people. If someone is going to take the lead in this, and that someone is going to be independents, then so be it. If they change their mind 4 hours after being sworn in, remember, they can be fired too!

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Yeah, Old news, Great Pic., s&f for the pic!

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Keymaster1

I should get a job at the Politico.
I choose better pics!

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox

So... it's like a sheep stampede?

I mean you gotta be pretty stupid to go back to the GOP. Like, Republican-level stupid.

Funny, that's what they said about the Democrats just before Bill Clinton was elected.

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH.

[edit on 18-11-2009 by sos37]

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Great pic, funny.

It's time for new parties, this back and forth is getting old.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   

LOL That pic of Pelosi is the look of someone who just had their 2,000-page health care bill shoved up her a** by the Senate.

Hideous, detestable woman!

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
She could really be beautiful if she had just one more eyelift!

Really!!

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by inthesticks
She could really be beautiful if she had just one more eyelift!

Really!!

Good luck with the eyelift idea.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
That's interesting. Just yesterday a GOPr in Florida said they were looking at a bloodbath in 2010 LOL

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
They aren't 'independent ' thou , are they . They are still part of the same old ideologies, still the same old doctrines , same old paradigms . All just slightly offset from the main two parties . If they were to be elected , do you think there would be some kind of radical change . Or will it be just more of the same ? Same old lies , same corruption , same people getting rich , same people getting poor , same wars, same propaganda, same old BS ?

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   

I do hope you realize I was being facetious.

If she has another eye/facelift, I do believe her eyes will end up being at her hairline! Personally, I think if she had them sewn shut, it would improve her looks immensely.

I have heard the term "bug eyed" before, but Pelosi is the only person I have ever seen that is truly "bug eyed"! Gad, what a horror she is.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Ugh - you're making the case against Hi-def with that pic of her, you know.

Not a one liner.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Independents are about the most fickle party around. People are pissed at the government so Independents are going to whatever party they feel they can align with and win.

What's sad is that Independent candidates have the best shot right now to take major seats in both the house and the senate. People are sick of the way that the GOP and the Democrats have handled things and this is the point when a fresh new party could strive forward to make great gains. What they have to do is stop having such a flip flop attitude and actually go out as the voice of the center.

People will gravitate towards them if they did. If they got strong leadership and a clear direction that is with the will of the majority of Americans. They would win if they could possibly make a real party out of themselves.

If they could do that they would sweep the next election, unfortunately they aren't likely to get any real leadership and they aren't likely to have a strong centrist ideals out of fear of loosing votes.

The problem with Independent candidates is typically they just take away votes from the loosing parties candidate making that loss worse.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
It's simple really... people in general are significantly under-informed and extremely impatient. They are all too willing to believe whatever they hear and parrot the same. Finally, they have extremely short memories.

Very few people have the ability or inclination to vet what they hear. Politicians know that and use it to manipulate the masses. Hence the sheeple. People honestly believe that the economy should have turned-around in 11 months and that somehow, despite everything that went on to lead us down this rat hole, the GOP will throw the magic switch and painlessly make everything OK again.

And those of us with even a modicum of intelligence know exactly how that will turn out. Only when people grow the stones to toss the entire political system out will there be any real possibility of change. And people, despite their signs and rhetoric and tea party rants don't have the balls to do anything.

[edit on 19-11-2009 by jtma508]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join