It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sympothy for Pedophiles?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Nivcharah

You bring up a good point. A person who steals a TV and goes to jail may decide after jail to turn his life around, but a person who sexually abuses a child will still have the sexual urges even after he gets out of prison.

Is it a sickness? Yes, it is. But the moment a person decides to act on his sexual urges towards a child is the moment he becomes a criminal and should be removed from society. Furthermore, he should remain isolated from society until such a time (if ever) it is deemed that he is cured of his illness.

On the other hand, you also have the people who have sexual urges towards children, but never act on them because they know it is wrong. This group deserves our sympathy, and doesn't deserve to be removed from society, but should be monitored closely and given psychological treatment (in the rare cases that the public becomes aware of such a case; I say rare, because the stigma attached to such an illness would likely cause very few to come forward).

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by chiron613

Can't do that because some self-righteous person will build a day care center next door, and force them to move.

Don't like that sex offender down the street? Do what others have done, and open a day care center.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Let me put this simply. I have no sympathy for pedophiles. Take this case that has been in the news lately of the 5 year old girl from South Carolina named Shaniya
Mr. Mod Sir, with all do respect, Did you really have to go there?
I swear I seen her name there and suddenly I was pepper sprayed
right in both eyes. Now couple that with the onion aroma I constantly
have going on so me and my people stay well here in our dwelling. I'm not one to complain and I try not to sweat to many things. Could you please take it easy. Cause right now even though I'm not sick.
There's just no way anyone would buy it at the moment.
I mean so, but if the feds come in here right now QUARANTEENED! game over.They would think I had the worst case they ever seen. No way would they believe anything else.
Just in case you didn't notice yet coming across stuff like this tends to make me whine in a big way like I am right now. I'm absolutly crushed for
her poor father.
Well I'm done here for to night . This world seems to have less and less room for the innocent. Damn I guess I just had to get that out carry on!

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I understand the whole "entrapment" argument.

I understand that police *are* - by dictionary definition - soliciting sex.

But how else do you expect them to be caught?

Would you allow these criminals...these pedophiles....to go unchecked and wait until they rape an 11 year old boy whom he met on the internet?

Bleeding hearts are great for the world, keeps everyone's rage in check.

But bleeding hearts can go too far - and opposition to sting operations targeting sex offending predatory sick-os like the ones we've seen on "To Catch a predator" - are prime examples of going way too far.

These adults do not deserve the same rights that you and I have. Why? Because they would exploit those rights to hide in the darkness, prey on 11-14 year old children, rape them, and get away scott free.

All because someone was screaming their lungs out at the police for trying to arrest him.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join