It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman accused of hate crime against Muslim

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by His Doodness

If I did, wouldn't that make me LESS credible?

Due to the fact that you’ve made claims such as, “Yanking something off of someone's body, sacred or secular, is not assault.” and “but the Crime part is missing” without providing any evidence to support the claim, if you did have any experience it would be very limited and questionable. Simply being in the field, or having experience would not not make you "LESS credible", but your claims would. Focus on that, sport.

I apologize, I thought ATS was a forum for rational thought and discussion.

No need to apologize to me. Apologize to yourself for making claims without knowing what you’re talking about. Friend, speaking without knowledge, as if things are a matter of fact, is far from rational thought and discussion—it’s idiocy.

Apparently I should only comment on topics in my area of expertise.

There is a difference between commenting and making statements as if they are fact. However, confusing the two seems to be the “rational thought” yourself and others regurgitate on this board, but it’s highly unnecessary and leaves much to be desired.

All of you law experts have fun debating the gray areas of these 'laws' written by deluded gray haired 'law experts'.

Straw man argument, poisoning the well or red-herring. Take your pick, bud.

I will refrain from any further illogical commentary.

I corrected that for you, don’t worry about it.

In closing, I like how people in this thread are making all sorts of comments, yet it seems they didn't even read the article. Bravo, champs! Here is an excerpt from the original link. I suggest many of you R-E-A-D it.

"I turned around and looked at her, and she walked out of the store," she said. "My scarf didn't come off because it was on very tight, but my head was tugged back."

Again, R-E-A-D that. For anyone saying her scarf was yanked off that's proof that you didn't read the article, have selective reading, or simply like to lie. For anyone not seeing why this was unlawful look at the aspect of the event that caused her head to be tugged back.

[edit on 29-11-2009 by EMPIRE]

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   
This thread has turned into a circus.

But the question still stands tall - why do we live in a society where any form of physical contact is automatically equated with assault, especially if the "toucher" is white?

I believe in the support of one's personal space, but some of these stories are just ridiculous. It is all the result of the PC brigade and their push for all those who are not yet offended to become offended!

"To all those not yet offended, stand up for your rights and get offended!"

(The new slogan from the Thought Police.)

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I totally agree with the actions of this brave woman!

If a few more of us had the balls to do this then we would not be forever beholden to this evil oppressive religion, which is taking over the civilised world not by using bombs and bullets, but by using political correctness!

I detest the double standards of so called hate crime i.e. 2 Muslims beat a white Christian for support our troops in Iraq and Afghanistan = Assault. BUT 2 white Christians tell a Muslim protesting about our troops in Iraq and The Stan to go back to their own country = Hate Crime.

If we carry on with this policy of appeasement towards all things Muslim then within 30 years we will have been over run and all be the subject of the wrath of the Religious Police.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by BillyTheCat

If a few more of us had the balls to do this then we would not be forever beholden to this evil oppressive religion, which is taking over the civilised world not by using bombs and bullets, but by using political correctness!

I detest the double standards of so called hate crime i.e. 2 Muslims beat a white Christian for support our troops in Iraq and Afghanistan = Assault. BUT 2 white Christians tell a Muslim protesting about our troops in Iraq and The Stan to go back to their own country = Hate Crime.

If we carry on with this policy of appeasement towards all things Muslim then within 30 years we will have been over run and all be the subject of the wrath of the Religious Police.

Well said.
And Muslims are allowed taqiyya, which means they can play the victim to get above/ahead of the non-muslim.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

Since when is Muslim a "RACE"?... I think you mean "Arab", but not all Arabs are Muslim, and there are Muslims of EVERY RACE (including Caucasian)
And you are letting your ignorance hang out for the world to see.

Whoever said "you can't blame her" will face their maker one day and have to answer for their claims.

That's like saying you can't blame a black person for punching a goth kid cause he looked like a member of the "Trench Coat Mafia".

That's like a Jew punching a German kid because he talked like a Nazi.

Grow up people, know that your minds are being controlled without you even realizing it.

We are involved in the never ending war between Oceana and Eurasia, and you are playing right into their hand.

[edit on 6-12-2009 by seattletruth]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by BillyTheCat

You know, there are some Muslims who read this board, it's pretty discusting to see how proud you are of your hate. And I think you have the misinterpretations of the Taliban confused with the teachings of the Qur'an. But then again, I highly doubt you actually bothered to READ THE QUR'AN.

True Islam teaches to RESPECT the right of freedom of religion. If someone is atheist or a follower of another faith, the Qur'an teaches to TURN YOUR BACK to them and let them answer to God. That is their problem, not yours.

The Qur'an teaches to respect any peace treaty you sign, and to only kill if they invade. The Qur'an teaches to not kill innocent people, only soldiers.
Real Islam teaches that God will reward your mercy.

Just because you believe the talking point memos doesn't make it TRUE. Real Islam is far different than what the Taliban or al-Quieda would have you believe.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by seattletruth

Don't worry...

It's the usual "Muslim-bashing" crap that happens on every thread.
And how Muslims are the issue.... not this amazingly brave warrior-woman who we should all look up to.

She should be jailed, for the maximum amount of time..

What a stupid, ignorant woman.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
edit: double post

[edit on 6-12-2009 by technical difficulties]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I am not a fan of the concept of "hate crimes" and I could really care less what religion who was...

that being said, if ANYONE were to rip off a piece of my clothing - in a public place no less - would need a cop REAL FAST. That is just obnoxious behavior. This is the kind of crap that gives the US that wonderful redneck rep the world sees. I hate the fact that grown men cannot be bothered to take their stupid ass baseball caps off indoors but I would never go up to a stranger and take it upon myself to remove it for them.

She deserves a good hard punch in the face!

[edit on 12/6/09 by Lillydale]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
This shouldn't be a hate crime. Being Muslim is not a race it's a religion, and any law made that would be a violation of the 1st Amendment.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

The Federal Hate crime law cannot be used in this case because if it were it would be a law respecting an establishment of religion. Now if they were to charge her with assault and battery (which would be the case) any punishment that came from a conviction would be justified, however to extend hate crime law to a religion gives that religion unconstitutional respect.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

Until the day we can say without doubt that there are no xenophobes in our countries we MUST do all we can to wipe that mode of thought out. Its so dangerous , and so evil, that no tolerance of ANY kind can be shown. It must become a standard that if you behave like a xenophobe, you must be punished SEVERELY for that . Even if all a person did was use a ethnicaly motivated insult then that person is still a filthy Nazi,and by definition shouldnt be breathing my air, and the air that truely ought to belong to moraly advanced persons , accepting of faiths and cultures around the world.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
reply to post by blueorder

Until the day we can say without doubt that there are no xenophobes in our countries we MUST do all we can to wipe that mode of thought out. Its so dangerous , and so evil, that no tolerance of ANY kind can be shown. It must become a standard that if you behave like a xenophobe, you must be punished SEVERELY for that . Even if all a person did was use a ethnicaly motivated insult then that person is still a filthy Nazi,and by definition shouldnt be breathing my air, and the air that truely ought to belong to moraly advanced persons , accepting of faiths and cultures around the world.
I love how you call the person a nazi when you're basically displaying a nazi-like attitude towards xenophobes.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join