It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman accused of hate crime against Muslim

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by OhZone
The Muslim should just move on.. It is probably not the first time she has been the target of disparagement and it will not be the last.

ummm
I think you just pointed out why SHE SHOULD have did what she did, which was call the authorities.

Are you serious?
Wow, you must be from early southern 1810

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I would invite you all to my next thread Shariah Law still in the works. Maybe then your eyes will be open to the truth. The victim here is all of us in America due to political correctness. She assaulted a Muslim, ok let her be punished under Muslim law after all under Muslim law a man can kill his wife for many reason that I will discuss in my thread and it has a max sentence of 3 months. Of course the white women or infidel as we are called under Shariah Law would probably be put to death. Wake up America.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I think everyone agrees that it was an assault; actually a low level assault, no weapon involved, etc. Agreed. It's the "hate crime" issue that is the problem, and that is the felony in this scenario.

You guys apparently don't think this was a hate crime. It sure sounds like one to me; however, the true motivation will be sorted through at her court hearing, hopefully. We'll see.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
You don't know human nature or anything about gang mentality or groupthink if you don't see the need for a special class of crime committed against an innocent person not because of something they have said or done but because of who they are.
There can be no end to these crimes once they start...There can be no protection for the endangered group be it women, gays or children. They can't change what they are to suit those who hate them. So they are theoretically always endanger.
If you hate a class of people, and you are violent there is no way to repair this situation. All you can change is the punishment for the crime of random hatred that results in targeted violence.
Don't harass minorities and you don't have to worry about this bill.

Lucky to be a blue eyed blond in America
Who thanks God everyday for that bit of good fortune.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcain
You don't know human nature or anything about gang mentality or groupthink if you don't see the need for a special class of crime committed against an innocent person not because of something they have said or done but because of who they are.
There can be no end to these crimes once they start...There can be no protection for the endangered group be it women, gays or children. They can't change what they are to suit those who hate them. So they are theoretically always endanger.
If you hate a class of people, and you are violent there is no way to repair this situation. All you can change is the punishment for the crime of random hatred that results in targeted violence.
Don't harass minorities and you don't have to worry about this bill.

Laws will not make people love each other.
These "hate crime" laws only crate Resentment that make people hate each other more.
That may be the purpose of them.
All the better reason for Martial Law.

It would have been wise for the "endangered group" to not have moved into a country that is hostile to them, wouldn't it?
Multi-culturism does not work, cannot work, has never worked.
It always leads to dissention.
We all have a basic instinct to be wary of that which is strange.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by OhZone

Multil-culturalism does not work? You really are from another planet, huh.

Maybe you should visit the United States, sometimes. Our country was based on it.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
reply to post by OhZone

Multil-culturalism does not work? You really are from another planet, huh.

Maybe you should visit the United States, sometimes. Our country was based on it.

Totally wrong.

The U.S. is based on multi-ethnicity, not multi-culturalism.

Don't know the difference?

The difference is that under multi-culturalism no one tries to assimilate and become an American like the immigrants of the past all wanted very badly to do.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
have you all lost your minds??

how is yanking a scarf off of someone considered assault?

What damages were done to the muslim woman? torn scarf? emotional damage?

sounds like a civil suit to me, not a criminal suit.

lets say i was in that supermarket, and there was someone else there who hated me for whatever reason. so they walk up, say something hurtful, pull a hat off my head(or scarf or whatever, doesn't really matter), and throw it on the ground. should i call the police? would you?

if you are a reasonable person you most likely would answer no. no crime was commited here. at most, the muslim woman should get a restraining order and sue for emotional distress.

law enforcement had no business getting involved in this.

am i the only one who sees it this way?

[edit on 11/18/2009 by His Doodness]

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

If convicted of the class 4 felony, she could be jailed for up to three years and fined as much as $25,000.

Okay this is stupid of her and she needs to be brought to jail so she understands the seriousness of this incident.

But THREE YEARS?????

That's a little, no that's very much over the top man.

I have no sympathy for muslims or any other religionists but honestly, she partially disrobed that woman in public and you think three years is too much? IMO she should get 5-10 years.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
In the end hate crimes are friggin stupid to begin with.
Assault is assault, murder is murder. Who cares what the color, religion or sexual preference is.
There's far too many pansies out there that need to have their feelings protected by law it is so pathetic.
What's next? I get charged with some special circumstance because I fart in line at the market and the guy behind me that has to smell it is from X religion/gender/race/sexual preference?
I mean come on. I'm tired of all this politically correct crap. An a-hole is an a-hole, a thief is a thief, a murderer is a murderer. You want to put special circumstances on a crime? Do it when it is a crime against a child. At least that makes sense.
Different ethnic and religious groups have either been getting along or hating each other since the dawn of man, get over it and go on with life. If they violate the law, stick them all with the same penalty.

OMG, someone bumped into me and made a comment that hurt my feelings, boo-hoo. They aren't like me! it's a hate crime!
Oh Brother!

Don't take it wrong, this lady was obviously a jackass and should get whats coming to her. But hate crimes and political correctness are lame. People need to get over themselves and stop being such friggin whiners all the time.

She would have had a much better lesson had the lady with the scarf turned around and kicked her ass in front of everyone and they just went about ther merry way like the old days when police and courts had real important issues to clog up the joke of a legal system we are stuck with.

This is the pathetic state we are with losers calling 911 because McDonald's is out of McNuggets. LOL
And you wonder why the elite want to thin the herd? Can't really blame them can you? People need to get on with life and stop being friggin ridiculous. This instance is just another example of morons. The idiot lady for talking smack and pulling the scarf and the other idiot for making a big stink out of it.
What a joke.

[edit on 11/18/2009 by bigdog36]

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ROBL240
People have gotten less jailtime in the UK for rape and murder than for simply yanking off a headscarf. Muslims need to stop taking themselves too seriously and take a few chill pills.

I'd like you to produce a link to a murderer or rapist who was sentenced to less than 3 years in the UK... Should be interesting.

Oh, 3 years and $25K is the MAXIMUM, according to the article, not the minimum sentence as some have stated in this thread. So she could get off with a slapped wrist and some community service, which is more than likely given the lack of any violence towards the aggrieved aside from derobing her.

What some of you must understand is that to a devout Muslim woman, pulling off their headscarf is the same as if I went up to a White Christian woman and pulled down her skirt.

Not so long ago, even us White peeps never went out without a hat on and women would never show above their ankles.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Do I know the difference between ethnicities and cultures?
Actually, I do know the difference, but thanks. So, you are unfamiliar with the different cultures in the U.S.? Uh, say you haven't traveled very much?

Please don't patronize me any further. It really bugs me. Thanks.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by His Doodness

See my post above. De-scarfing the woman was akin to ripping the skirt off another woman. You exposed her modesty and dishonoured Allah by showing her uncovered head in Public.

I assume you would have the same attitude if someone slapped the skull cap off a Jew, just because he was Jewish?

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by DraconianKing
I think 3 years is justified for a felony assault. With anything racist related all the white racists come crying about how unfair the system is for them.
All races get screwed over by the justice system equally around the globe so stop your whining.

that's true but only whites are called racist when they complain about it.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Political Correctness gone overwhelmingly and utterly insane. No question.

If it was a Christian woman victim, it would be "she was preaching her religion and asked for it. If she didn't go around advertising her religion, this would not have happened. She does not deserve compensation."

If it was a Jewish woman victim, it would be "she is exaggerating, she is just looking for a payout. No crime was committed. Overreacting as usual."

But since it's a Muslim woman, the Hate Crime assumption takes precedence over all other explanations: "Well she is a Muslim, and since extremist Muslims are murdering non-believers (and Muslims living here receive a bad reputation as a result) I think compensation is justified."

I agree that the behaviour was wrong and uncalled for, but the penalty is grossly disproportionate to the alleged crime that was committed.

[edit on 18/11/2009 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doom and Gloom
There should be no jail time. There is an underlying pool of resentment toward these "minorities" and justifiably so. More and more of our rights, freedoms, and liberties are being stripped away to make this country more suitable to them.

You cannot blame the woman that did this, she is just weak minded enough to believe the crap spewed forth from the government and MSM. People are scared, people are in a panic. Whether it be the big bad terrorists or it be the common cold. This society is bludgeoned to death with fear propaganda.

They should not have arrested her, this is not an assault nor is it battery.

[edit on 18-11-2009 by Doom and Gloom]

In a way you may be right that this woman is just a dumb sheep but she has a responsibility to know the law and to know before hand that what she did was a hate crime classed as a class 4 felony. As we all should. You don't have to know the specifics of all these laws to know right from wrong and how to act accordingly. Natural Law ( which is the law this country was founded on) is very simple to understand and it is mostly common sense. I admit 3 years does sound harsh, but this woman made her bed, now she will lie in it.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by heyo

Originally posted by DraconianKing
I think 3 years is justified for a felony assault. With anything racist related all the white racists come crying about how unfair the system is for them.
All races get screwed over by the justice system equally around the globe so stop your whining.

that's true but only whites are called racist when they complain about it.

Not true:

Asian Youth convicted of racist abuse of White man

Another Asian man convicted of racially aggravated murder of White youth

There are many examples, from the UK at least, of the law being applied in both directions, but it's 0442 hrs here in the UK and I can't be arse to do your leg work for you.

EDIT: Oh go on then, here is some more:

Black man convicted of racial abuse

Ooh, another Asian gang convicted of Racially aggravated crimes

More Asian men convicted of racially aggravated murder

[edit on 18/11/09 by stumason]

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
I agree that the behaviour was wrong and uncalled for, but the penalty is grossly disproportionate to the alleged crime that was committed.

Again, before getting your panties in a bunch, the MAXIMUM sentence appears to be 3 years and/or a fine, not the minimum.

All things being fair and equal, I doubt she will ever see the inside of a prison cell. More likely a small fine and some community work. However, a prison sentence might serve to warn others that behaving like a redneck douche will land you in hot water, regardless of the perceived level of public "fear" or "panic" over Muslims (such a laughable concept...)

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
i think what alot of people are missing is that she pulled the scarf off of a muslim womens head. after some one pointed at her and mentioned the ft hood shooting. the women did it only because she was a muslim.

not to mention that doing that to a muslim women is a grave insult and wrong.(it would be wrong if it was anybody) but she did out of anger and hate that she was muslim. that is a hate crime.

alot of u may complain and try to change the topic to black and white hate crime are unbalanced. but the reality is blacks get screwed ten times more by the justice system then whites. u all are not complaining about that. u all wanna stand up for what rights then do so in all things not just wut suits ur own intrest. hate crimes are biased. i can admit that. now can u all admit that the justice system is biased letting whites go on crimes that blacks get years over.

the fact is weather u like it are not that lady deserves three years. for assulting a muslim women just because she hates muslims.

if a muslim man ripped a cross off of a white christians neck u all would be rdy to hang him. just hoping people will keep it real

salaam

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Edit: I posted my reply in the incorrect thread. Removed.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join