It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Privacy Is Dead – Get Over It! (video)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I thought this was a very interesting conference on how vulnerable our privacy is... there is no privacy anymore! I don't know much about Steve Rambam other then he's an investigator. I found his presentation very informative on how easy it is to find out "your" whole life in about 5 min if he has your name... creepy but doable.

Lot of talk about Google, myspace, twitter and how cookies/history and social network... go figure!

Anyhow I don't know what the government does with all this information other then keeping a digital form of you in their private archive. I encourage everyone to watch this and arm yourself with knowledge so you can protect yourself from the government.

Arm yourself with knowledge!

Note; I just flagged myself by using word "government" in the thread... and so I say BRING IT ON!

Privacy expert Steven Rambam’s two hour panel was disrupted by federal authorities who arrested him at the conference just prior to its commencement. In the end, he was completely vindicated and went on to finally give his talk several months later to a packed house at a local university. This year, Steven will be on for three hours, in part to make up for what you may have missed last time, but mostly because what he says about the state of privacy in our society will captivate you. Since 1980, Pallorium's investigators have successfully closed more than 9,500 cases, ranging from homicide investigations to missing persons cases to the investigation of various types of sophisticated financial and insurance frauds. Steven Rambam has coordinated investigations in more than fifty (50) countries, and in nearly every U.S. State and Canadian province. Steven specializes in international and multi-jurisdictional investigations, and within the past few years he has conducted investigations in Israel, South Africa, Holland, France, England, India, Mexico, Guatemala, Spain, Portugal, Bulgaria, Germany, Abu Dhabi, China, Mongolia, the Philippines, Thailand, Laos, Jordan, Vietnam and Brazil, among other locations.

For More Information Visit Steve Rambam website; Hope Computer Hackers Planet Earth
Visit www.pallorium.com

Hope2604 - Steve Rambam Pt 1 – Privacy Is Dead – Get Over It

Google Video Link

Hope2604 - Steve Rambam Pt 2 – Privacy Is Dead – Get Over It

Google Video Link

[edit on 18-11-2009 by freighttrain]

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Privacy has been dead ever since we started using Social Security numbers for anything other than Social Security. As soon as that happened, privacy was gone.

Very few people can function in the world (in the US, anyway) without their Social Security number being involved. Unless you go into the wilderness and are completely off the grid, you have no real privacy.

The best you can hope for is to limit most of your transactions to cash, and do them off-line. Most people won't bother. They'll use their credit or debit cards because it's easier and, to be honest, safer. They'll borrow money from banks, keep accounts there, buy things online, etc. It really doesn't matter to most people.

But if you drive, vote, borrow money from a bank, work at a legitimate job (where they have to get your Social Security number), buy a house, pay rent, buy a car, fly on a plane, etc., etc., etc., then you are being watched.

Indeed, get over it. It's far too late to complain about it now. That should have happened fifty years ago.

new topics

join