It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Washington, D.C., Wins V.D. Triple Crown

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Well here is something to be proud of
Must be all of our dirty politicians muddling up the mix. Couple this new stat. with D.C's consistently higher than average homicide rate and you have one gem of a city.

Washington, D.C., had the dubious distinction of beating all 50 states to post the highest rates in the nation for the sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) Chlamydia, gonorrhea and syphilis, according to a new report released by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) in Atlanta.

The District of Columbia had a Chlamydia rate of 1,177 cases per 100,000 people--almost three times the rate of its neighbors, Virginia (405) and Maryland (439).

Mississippi was a distant second, at 728 cases per 100,000 people.

cnsnews.com...

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Maybe that's whats wrong with all our politicians... They all have syphilis!

Didn't Hitler have Syphilis?

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
Couple this new stat. with D.C's consistently higher than average homicide rate and you have one gem of a city.

Mmm, actually DC is one gem of a city ... it is stunningly beautiful and its residents are some of the nicest people around.

Perhaps you are not familiar with the DC metropolitan area which includes Southern Maryland and Northern Virginia. One has to look at it in that context of the greater metropolitan area if they wish to bring any realistic statistics to the table.

Unless of course one is trying to make a veiled racial generalization by intentionally omitting the socio-economic parameters that must be considered in any comprehension of disease demographics. Meh, it wouldn't be the first time.

[edit on 18 Nov 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by x2Strongx

That would certainly explain the distorted mentality on the hill in recent years. As a kid, I made my first trip to DC in 8th grade and I had such a different and perfect image of DC in my little brain back then. How could such a seemingly ideal little "district" be so bad nowadays? Politicians!!

Honestly, you think that our nations capital would be an ideal city to live in. Instead we get these stats and a crackhead for a former mayor.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

So schrondingers dog are you implying that DC is VD ridden because it is full of black folks. I am going to have to pull out my handy racism card on you for that one.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
At one time, may still be true, the busiest ATM in the country was in D.C.. The ATM was in the middle of a drug and prostitution hot spot. There was some bar right around there, black something or other, that I used to see shows at.

The ATM and this report means those hookers are busy.

D.C. is such a fantastic craphole. I look back and cant imagine why the hel lI ever spent so much time around the area. I'll go so far as to say that whole area out as far as Baltimore could stand a heavy carpet-bombing.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Well it is one thing to get a crackhead for a Mayor by accident, but they must all be crazy to reelect that same crackhead to office after he had already been busted once. I guess the majoirty of people in DC just love them some crackheads.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by HotSauce

Oh God how could I forget Marion!!?!?!

Not only did he like the crack he also had an aversion to paying taxes and found driving while wasted to be a fun pasttime.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

Originally posted by jibeho
Couple this new stat. with D.C's consistently higher than average homicide rate and you have one gem of a city.

Mmm, actually DC is one gem of a city ... it is stunningly beautiful and its residents are some of the nicest people around.

Perhaps you are not familiar with the DC metropolitan area which includes Southern Maryland and Northern Virginia. One has to look at it in that context of the greater metropolitan area if they wish to bring any realistic statistics to the table.

Unless of course one is trying to make a veiled racial generalization by intentionally omitting the socio-economic parameters that must be considered in any comprehension of disease demographics. Meh, it wouldn't be the first time.

I am referring to DC proper not the Metroplex. Parts of DC proper are gems until the sun sets. I lived in Bethesda for 3 years I know all about DC the the greatness of the region in general. You could say that about any Metro area. Dare I use Atlanta as an example.

Furthermore, I have omitted nothing nor have I suggested any racial generalizations. You have brought that to the forefront. It is all in the source article.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Yeah and just to tie it to this thread Marion was not just busted for being a crackhead, he was busted for being a VD ridden, prostitute purchasing crackhead.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by HotSauce

So schrondingers dog are you implying that DC is VD ridden because it is full of black folks. I am going to have to pull out my handy racism card on you for that one.

I urge you to re-read my post lest you once more project your own perspective onto my words.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Well then what did you mean when you said this?

Sounds like you are implying that the high VD numbers are due to demographics and we all know there are a lot of black folk in DC.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   

What I am saying is that the spread of disease/pandemics is well documented to run parallel to socio-economic status. They're called diseases of poverty and VD is included. If one doesn't present this fundamental parameter in the discussion one might come across as saying something as ignorant and simplistic as that there is some causality between race and disease.

Like I said, it wouldn't be the first time.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Oh well then my most sincere apology. I thought you were implying black people by saying demographics, but I see that you just meant that poor folks are the cause of the DC VD epidemic.

Putting away racism card, pulling out elitist card.

[edit on 18-11-2009 by HotSauce]

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Putting away racism card, pulling out elitist card.

lol, yeah sure ... anything else you guys wanna source from CrapNewsService?

I'll just be my elitist self in the back having a cup of tea.

This racist nonsense will never stop ... my original "meh" stands!

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   

I thought you just said this wasn't about race and now in your last post you say the whole thread is about race. I thought you said it was about the poor. I am so confused??????????

So was your first post about demographics racist or just elitist?

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Man, I wasn't expecting to have to spell the whole thing out for you ...

The source, a nesmax sister site, is well known for it's far right wing agenda which yes includes prejudice and racism. Their deliberate omission of ALL the parameters contributing to the stats, including socio-economic ones, is but another indication of such disposition.

However I suspect you already understood all that and are simply trying to get out of your own logic trap, believing that an attempt at humor will aid you in this regard.

Perhaps, you can enlighten us with your opinion as to what the causality behind these numbers is?

Careful now ...

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Oh certainly, why didnt you ask.

I think it is due to the welfare class that flocks to government centers like DC, where it is easy to get to government agencies for support. Plus add to that all of the Liberals and their pro-baby murder, every body is a victim but babies belief system. When you combine all of that with a large percentage of minorities, you get a majroity of people who lack morals and both have and promote immoral sexual behavior, thus you get a bunch of people with some form of crotch rot or another.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   

When you combine all of that with a large percentage of minorities, you get a majroity of people who lack morals and both have and promote immoral sexual behavior, thus you get a bunch of people with some form of crotch rot or another.

My apologies, you're obviously not racist ... what was I thinking?

Carry on I guess ... yikes!

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Maybe it is racist but I don't mean it that way. Maybe there is a good way to explain it otherwise. To me, it just seems factual. African-Americans
1. have the highest rate of aids infection outside the gay community.
2. Have 70% of their chilren born out of wedlock
3. 90% of their children are fed by government programs.

Now I am not saying that ALL black people behave this way. There are lots of good, hard working, family loving responsible black people, but they are in the minority in the black community.

Plus add to this:
Government policy supports and encourages this behavior for all races.

Liberals constanty make these people out to be the victim, which enables this behavior. They should stand up and expect people to exhibity personal resonsibility.

Liberals promote things like abortion so that you don't face the consequences of havng sexual activity with a myria of partners.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join