It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My theory is that the American President should go into space and see earth from space, before takin

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I just thought about this after seeing obama and the chinese wall thing. Even though the american president is not as powerful as people think. I think before you get into office as president of usa, you should have to go into space, and see the earth from space, and see it as like astronauts see it.

Do you guys get where i am going with this. Americans are so isolated thinking they are the greatest thing since slice bread, but i think seeing the earth as only a few people have, would have a good effect on a president, and it surely would of made bush a better person, lol.

Americans have this lack of respect because they have no real history and there is no one on earth to frighten them at all, but i think a thing like this would touch the president before, he started on his normal crusade of doing everything america needs and wants.

Do you think american president should first see the earth from space, before taking job. If i was at nasa, i would make sure the president saw what the earth truly looks like, and it does not mean just the anglo american empire, that runs the west, we are all on this planet together. The earth is not here for the anglo american violence to dominate others.

Your thoughts....

[edit on 11/18/2009 by andy1033]

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
i strongly agree.

i think seeing the world we live in from the outside would change even the most selfish person and refresh their perception of things.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
...we are all on this planet together. The earth is not here for the anglo american violence to dominate others.
[edit on 11/18/2009 by andy1033]

Ideally, anyone who holds such a position should realize this anyway. If not, shame on humans for not understanding this and constantly electing bozo's.

Personally, I'd be furious if tax dollars were wasted to send someone as undeserving as a politician into space, just so they can gaze upon something they will prolly end up screwing up anyway.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Given that chance there would be a few I wouldn't mind sending up there. Just have to make sure they didn't necessarily come back.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by sourcesonly
i strongly agree.

i think seeing the world we live in from the outside would change even the most selfish person and refresh their perception of things.

I think it may even of helped that george bush fellow, we all know was just pure evil in office.

I wonder if obama ever thinks about this as a possibility as the shuttle and all that is safe now, and it would be interesting to see.

Anyone that sees the earth from outside of it, must be profoundly changed, by the experience.

I think it would help the american president as the country having such a short history and no real threat, they act like the biggest bully in school. Doing something like this would change who ever that person who was in office.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I'm on the fence with that one.
I don't agree with the American foreign policy to say the least.
I would be more worried he would get more ideas on how to conquer the planet and be more inspired to do so.

On the other side I think MAYBE it might wake someone up but I highly doubt that they would care about the earths peoples.
The ENTITY called America doesn't even care about its own people so I am skeptical it would care about anyone elses people.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I could see Obamas reaction to seeing Earth from space.

"Mine.....all mine."

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

I think this is a fantastic idea, but why not put all world leaders on the flight to space? Really the only caveat I'd add is that it be required these leaders listen to Pachelbel's Canon in D while looking out the port-hole at Earth:

[edit on 18-11-2009 by Xtraeme]

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
The President of the United States needs to focus on keeping the oath of office he or she took upholding and protecting the Constitution for the United States.
There is no need to shoot that President off in a rocket to orbit the earth so that he or she might see the world in a different context. No person needs to orbit the earth "sitting in a tin can" in order to understand that the planet is bigger and wider than the country they reside from. Either people get that or they don't and if they don't no space ride is going to change that and create some sort of religious epiphany.

The original posters naivete and even arrogance only tends to underscore what many people in The United States all ready think about the rest of the world. Barak Obama, in many ways, has gone out of his way to extend a sincere acknowledgment and deep sense of responsibility to the rest of the world and yet, people like the original poster still think he should take a space ride because he just doesn't "get it" like the original poster does. It is doubtful the original poster has orbited the earth in a space ship, but then again he doesn't need to since he was born with the inherent benefit of a richer history than any one from the U.S. has been.

If only the President would take a space ride to see the world from a different perspective then all "Americans" would finally get it in the same way erudite and inherently wise Europeans do. If only "Americans" had the basic respect that Europeans do, then the world would be a much better place. God knows that if it weren't for the "Americans" the world would have all ready evolved into a much richer society by now.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
This idea is dumb. Forget an AWSOME trip into space. The president should have to re-read the Constitution of the United States...just to remind him of what his real responsibilities are. But I'm sure instead of reading it, he will wipe his ass with it.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I think it's a very intresting idea, an experience like that would surely change the outlook of a person..atleast we hope it would. But on the contrary a weak minded person could also snap fearing the truth he/she is not as powerfull as they thought.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux
If only the President would take a space ride to see the world from a different perspective then all "Americans" would finally get it in the same way erudite and inherently wise Europeans do. If only "Americans" had the basic respect that Europeans do, then the world would be a much better place. God knows that if it weren't for the "Americans" the world would have all ready evolved into a much richer society by now.

The bit i would like to know, is how you know i am european, and how you guessed why i said it, lol.

Why the negative response from some, i think obama should do it, he is a fit man, and i am sure seeing him today with the china wall thing, he may indeed get some sort of religious epiphany of sorts even though he stats he is not religious, and laughs at the bible(i don't care for his views on religion or the bible). I just thought being the american president, maybe they visit everywhere, maybe a trip into space, would be a good idea, and the world would surely be focused on it.

Who knows how he would feel, or not. But seeing as most american presidents want to cr1p on everyone normally, i thought it may of even changed that evil predecessor, bush.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

The trouble with that is this; From space there are no boundaries to be seen. You cannot see haw mankind is doing, cannot tell the difference between poor and rich, and cannot see the hunger, war, strife, or the pollution.

Here is another idea for a person about to become president...the man or woman must live for one full year on Welfare and Food Stamps, and live in a place that is like most poor Americans have to live in. No big income, no access to their bank accounts, they must drive a car that is fitting for their "poor" status, and must stand in line at the Welfare office like the rest of us do. I think this measure should be mandatory. If this were done, I would bet a new president would think more about the plight of the poor, and BTW, we are all getting that way, no matter how much money you happen to have in the bank. I once made, brought home, over $1000 a week in a day when a dollar was worth a dollar. No days i have about $21 a day to feed a family of five, three adults and two children. Does Obama care about me? I highly doubt it. Will my electric/gas/water/sewer go up any higher? Of course they will! That is the way of the rich elite, make more and more money off the backs of the poor. Sorry for the rant, got my water bill today, and BTW, my water is not drinkable, it's over $100 for the month.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Nice points. But not being from america, i tend to only look at the foreign side of what america does. But your right, they should know what its like to be human, to have to live on nothing, like most of us.

CX

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I see what you mean, but i think we should remind ourselves that it's the entire US polulation that is like this, yes it seems to be the stereotype, but in my limited experience it's not the case.

I could recommend a few British politicians who could do with a seat on that spacecraft with Obama.

CX.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I think our present president should be sent to Mars. He won't even honor our flag. At the memorial to the Ft. Hood victims he has his hands at his crotch. In my opinion this is total disrespect for our flag and our servicemen and women. THIS GUY MAKES ME SICK!

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Muundoggie

Nice honest view you have there.

Never saw the memorial.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Seems like a waste of time to me. If a person in that position hasn't already developed a proper sense of this country's place in the world, then spending $500 million to send him into space isn't going to help.

For my part, I think that the first job of the president of the United States is to abide by the Constitution while performing his job duties in the best interests of the people of his country. His responsibility is to the well being of his own people first, the same as is true for the leader of any country.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Bush in space...

"That area over there looks great for a takeover! Whats that called again? Afghanaban? Whatever, send the troops!"

Not being to serious here...but they shouldn't need to see earth from space to "get it". The president got elected for a reason ya know...

new topics

top topics

join