It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dozens of budgies drop dead during country show

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Dozens of budgies dropped dead from their perches during a country show.

The birds were among hundreds lined up in their cages ready to be judged Gwynedd Budgerigar Society Open Show in North Wales when disaster struck.

One toppled off his perch then others began "dropping like dominoes", according to the organisers.

Owners fearing a gas leak – canaries have highly sensitive respiratory systems and were once used down mines to detect leaks – grabbed their cages and ran for the door.

Some of the birds, which are worth around £1,000 each – were revived outside but in total 38 died.

"After five or ten minutes as many as 12 had died. I lost one bird myself," organiser Rob Hughes said.

"We saved the majority but what happened was utterly horrible. It was a freak event. We may never know the exact cause."

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Apparently there must have been some small gas leaked, or something else inside where the event was being hosted, because they were able to revive some of the birds which dropped down by whatever caused the accident.

38 of the birds died, and only some were revived.

Maybe somebody was "too loose on their methane gas release," if you know what i mean....

Anyway, yes some birds died, but at least it wasn't something worse.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
PLEASE TELL ME THEY SAVED TWEETIE!!!!!!

---------------------------

That is very strange. Wouldn't you be able to smell a gas leak? I mean that smell is unique!

I don't think a bunch of farting would do it.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I have a blue and gold Macaw, and I have to be really careful with cleaning solutions, bleach and even when cooking with a pan that has Teflon on it. Maybe something was going on around where the birds were kept before this happened...

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I've already linked this story a few days ago in this thread Sentinel Warning: What may the birds be telling us?
most will advise that you search for the story on here first before posting a topic.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by bkaust

You posted the link on another article related to something else... I did a search and nothing came out....

You do know that people don't read every post, hence your link isn't seen by everyone.

As for the thread, noone had posted this as a thread.

And thanks for pointing to the rules, maybe you should read them sometime.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse
reply to post by bkaust

You posted the link on another article related to something else... I did a search and nothing came out....

You do know that people don't read every post, hence your link isn't seen by everyone.

As for the thread, noone had posted this as a thread.

And thanks for pointing to the rules, maybe you should read them sometime.

Meow! Saucer of milk to table 1!

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by bkaust

Meow! Saucer of milk to table 1!

Milk is good for you, go ahead kitty, drink it all.

Back to the news, Tweety is doing fine. Fortunately he wasn't inside the building when the event was hosted. Let's hope Mr kitty doesn't read this...

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod
That is very strange. Wouldn't you be able to smell a gas leak? I mean that smell is unique!

That would depend on the gas - your probably thinking of the natural gas that they pipe in for heating cooking etc - which is it's self actually odourless, they add the smell as a safety measure...

Maybe there was a pocket of another gas underground in the foundations? That could of been released somehow, been harmless to the people, deadly to the birds -- that's my bet.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Neutrinos. Their brains are highly sensitive to high concentrations of neutrinos , more so then ours. Possibly the area was hit by a higher concentration then normal. Im sure there is a way of checking this web people.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Retikx
Neutrinos. Their brains are highly sensitive to high concentrations of neutrinos
Im sure there is a way of checking this web people.

Well I'm also sure had that been the case all the pigeons and any other bird in the area would of dive bombed.... Did that make the news?

And some of the birds were revived... That to me sounds like a gas related thangadoodle.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Death comes to Gwynedd Budgerigar Society Open Show

I read elsewhere they thought the problem was with a new boiler.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

It could have been the amount of gas released was deadly to the birds, and not strong enough to harm, at least knowingly, the people present.

new topics

top topics

join