It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. News Media Coverage

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Why is that our news media refuses to publish video or photographs of the people jumping to there deaths from the World Trade Towers? Where are the photos of the beheading of Mr. Pearl or our latest American victim?
Where is the outcry!
Are we the average American that stupid to allow this to continue.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 03:05 PM
link   
That sort of thing sways the public interest against things that the government dose not want so they do their best to keep in out of view.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 03:17 PM
link   
not everybody keeps silent !!!

quote:
First Amendment Law/Censorship Issues: The focus of our firm�s practice has traditionally been in the First Amendment/Censorship area. Our attorneys have handled significant Free Speech cases in courts across the country, including seven cases before the United States Supreme Court. Our firm has devoted its efforts to preventing censorship of controversial communications in all forms. In the last five years, Lawrence G. Walters has established himself as one of the preeminent attorneys representing the adult Webmaster community. The firm also handles First Amendment claims on behalf of other mainstream and adult media clients and entertainment facilities.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   
What is it your trying to say?

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 03:22 PM
link   
"That sort of thing sways the public interest against things that the government dose not want so they do their best to keep in out of view. "

Yes, because it is DANGEROUS for you to see these pictures. Remember that the public outcry about the war in Vietnam really changed when the TV networks started showing the bloody faces, the broken limbs, the burning children.

Your sensibilities must be PROTECTED from the realities of war. If you just see footage of a missile streaking through the sky and hitting a building with a big loud BOOM and a fancy explosion then that is GOOD.

If you see footage of the aftermath, the heaps of bloodied limbs, the brains, the guts, the flies crawling over the corpses, then that is BAD.

Both are reality, but your government doesn't think you are ready to see the blood. It might offend you. And they are not willing to let you make that decision for yourself.

So please, go watch some supermodels sucking down sea cucumbers on Fear Factor , but don't for a second even consider what all this fancy ordnance can do to the human body. Or IS doing.

It's not censorship, it's for your own good. You understand that, right? Because your government, which spends your tax money, decides what is acceptable for you to watch.

It's democracy! Just not total democracy, wink wink.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 03:22 PM
link   
you can and may broadcast without any censorship in the USA !!

liberty you know !!

why do some tvstations uses censorship ,, because they are afraid of losing their sponsors !!
yes !!
they find it more important to promote article ABCD than to bring the plain an uncensoriced images/footage !

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I'm frankly surprised this thread hasn't got more replies.

Media bias is a HUGE issue to anyone who watches both US and International News outlets.

And not just when dealing with the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   
lol, deciding to not show a guy getting his head sawed off on National TV is not news bias you dolt. Americans yelled and screamed when we saw Janet Jackson's nipple for Gods sake.
If you think watching gory crap is important, then you can see it, it's available. Don't force this crap on other people because you want to shock them. People know whats happening.
We also don't show footage of cows being killed and butchered before we buy beef either. People know where hamburger comes from but, they don't want to watch it being produced. All people everywhere assume getting blown up by high explosive is a nasty process, that doesn't mean anyone wants to see it.

Variable

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOGODSINTHEUNIVERSE
you can and may broadcast without any censorship in the USA !!

How about the black out on dead soldier coming back. Didn't that person lose their job.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 02:16 PM
link   
variable: "All people everywhere assume getting blown up by high explosive is a nasty process, that doesn't mean anyone wants to see it."

Says who? Says you.. Maybe I want to be able to decide for MYSELF what I can and can't see. News that panders to 7year olds sensibilities is insulting to me.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Well the news isn't just for you, it's for everyone. Society doesn't need to conform to your sadistic ideas. My children do not need to see a man getting his head sawed off on the news. If you want to see that crap you can find all you want on the internet. No one is hiding it from you.

Variable

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   
The most important question asked - to me is this,
"Why is that our news media refuses to publish video or photographs of the people jumping to there deaths from the World Trade Towers?"

I believe that the media does not want Americans to get patriotic fervor like they had in the immediate aftermath of 9/11, its been swept under the rug - out of sight out of mind until the average American went back to his/her daily grind.
To do otherwise would invite support for the war on terror, undermine their anti- american propaganda and likely help Bush get re-elected. Dan, Peter and Tom would have none of that now - oh and lets not forget all their buddies over at CommiNewsNet.

[Edited on 21-5-2004 by Phoenix]

top topics

join