It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Galactic Government

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by hippomchippo

There would be nobody in rule. There would be no authority. There will be groups of people on planets making a living and selling. But otherwise quite simply anarcho capitalism and communism would likely be going.

Interesting concept and a very likely consequence of all individuals having access to advanced technology. I cannot even imagine crime, since nobody needs to steal from someone else if they can get what they need.

No ego either since it depends on limitation. Without limitation , you have nothing to prove.

I like the terms anarcho capitalism and anarcho communism, but I think it would be even beyond that. There would be no permanent society since you could go anywhere and settle; in fact you might even have a whole galaxy to yourself and family

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by crowdedskies

Exactly. You'd basically have a situation like ancient Greece only to a much larger scale. The reason why Ancient Greece is littered with temples and items was because people had so much land and resources and large obstacles between societies, that there was no reason to fight, nor any reason to unite. The Greeks only united to defend against outsiders, but they never united because Greece was so naturally divisive that a single government seemed useless. The Greek temples were not the temples alone. They were the entire mountain they were built on. It's known as plasticity in structure and environment. A whole. People had all the resources they needed, all the natural defenses they needed, and pretty much anything they needed that they basically chose to relax, think, philosophize, and go about their lives. The Greeks had city-wide democracies because there was a general agreement that there was no point to being a dictator as there was nothing to gain from it. So democracy was pretty workable there. Some wanted a republic out of fear of future change, but that desire would not be realized until Rome. For the time being, the Greeks basically built things in the vast grasslands and wastelands of Greece. They exported their culture, not their empire. They founded colonies from Spain to Russia. They did not rule these colonies. They were self sufficient colonies that were independent and had no allegiances other than to their self rule and right to exist. They were in the truest sense an anarcho capitalist society with no central government, just local leaders of a vast confederacy of city states.

The galaxy is very similar to this. The vast arms of the galaxy are divided by vast emptinesses of nothingness. Radiation rings and vast deserts divide areas between each other. The galaxy should be filled with ruins of people who left their mark, and probably still exist. These ruins would be entire worlds colonized, or turned into temples to reflect upon the natural order. Over time they would decay and die, but be left partially for all others to see. Occasionally they would return to see the ruins they once built. Quite an interesting though to live to see the vast thing you built become ruins within your lifespan. The galaxy would have city states on worlds, with no union. No real government. occasionally somebody might try to unite them, and they would reject it. occasionally some would come to conquer them and they would go to war together, but never unite their governments. There would be occasional wars perhaps between them, but otherwise a general relaxing feel to things. Very feudal, and yet, very advanced. When a world grew to populated or unbearable, people would simply leave. They would find a new planet and let that one recover or fix itself.

Now in this we may see come about a Rome-type situation whereby one nation successfully creates a republic that extends the "city". The thing about Rome was that they were the natural evolution of what Greece did. Rome was a republic of governors ruling to serve the capital. Colonies in this situation were still pretty independent, but th mother city had all the power and was the center of trade and commerce. This was Rome. Rome exported her laws and imported riches. It's laws were fair and so the people desired to live under them. Rome exported its armies and culture in exchange for trade routes and more people. Rome was a pretty good idea. But in time grew corrupt and became a dictatorship. Even then, however, the dictators began to seek the happiness of people and still used the senate. Eventually though decay happened and people reverted back to primitive ways. The only way to stop that would be knowledge. And technology enables that.

Rome never was fully a central government. it was more or less a leader for vast autonomous states across the lands of Europe Africa and Asia. They put to death the ways of occultism, stupidity in wasting your life for false gods, and told people to be their own man. Rome made the modern world. Even today, in the year 2010, we are only 200 years ahead of where Rome was. They were so ahead of their days. But they never were a central government. They were more or less a collection of individuals with the people's permission to force the continuation of their way of life. The agreement was that the people got their food, water, and entertainment, and th emperors got to continue to rule. Eventually the emperors could not hold up to this agreement, so Rome began forfeiting rule to other nations whom they created. The term barbarian did not work for when the fall of Rome occurred, for Rome had modernized them. It was more or less the splitting up of a corporation that had lost all its investors. After that, the less experienced companies moved in and failed Europe. Much like when the Dorians invaded Macedonia, the Europeans lost their civilization. Not until the European Union have they been as united as Rome.

So a good view of the Galaxy would be half-ancient Greece, with probably a Rome or two.

In the end, the fact would still remain. Plenty or resources, plenty of education, plenty of what you want and need. No need for central government nor rule by the few. people would govern themselves with probably something involving technology and other elements we cannot comprehend yet.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by AnthraAndromda

is there a picture of u? i went to ur website and only found pics of computer generated space craft... btw im just wondering.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ohsnaptruth

is there a picture of u? i went to ur website and only found pics of computer generated space craft... btw im just wondering.

Sort of ... go to evidence.wolfmagick.com...

It is not a complete image, but is what I currently have. I'll put a better one there soon.

Etharzi od Oma.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnthraAndromda

Originally posted by ohsnaptruth

Sort of ... go to evidence.wolfmagick.com...

It is not a complete image, but is what I currently have. I'll put a better one there soon.

Etharzi od Oma.

Im sorry, but based on that picture, your story might be false. Although your story is solid and sounds true, your picture says different. You look to be a person who used to be a hippie. I see after effects of long term use of recreational drugs. Your hairline is receding and your hair is grey. You might have a DNA anomoly, but that could just run in the family, like mozaic eyes, but more rare. Your facial shape doesnt really match that of any known humanoid alien description. Your eyes tell me... that your pleading for something though. Maybe you made this story up because of psychological trauma you have experienced. Maybe its true. Who knows. But for now, more physical evidence is required.

This has no bearing on if its true or not, but my intuition says it isnt. and im hopelessly waiting for you to prove it wrong. i will still be following this thread with great interest.

Peace.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by shiman

Im sorry, but based on that picture, your story might be false. Although your story is solid and sounds true, your picture says different. You look to be a person who used to be a hippie.

Interesting...

Actually, for a very little while in the late 60's and very early 70's I did hang out in S.F. But it was short lived. After a few months I moves south to the Sunnyvale area and started my career in the Electronics industry. Then in early 71 I returned to school to get my degree.

It is true that I have long hair, but, I don't really think that long hair makes me, or anyone, a Hippie. That distinction seems to be one of attitude more than anything else. A sort of "drop-out", "tune-in" life style. And while I did spend some time "tuning-in" it was more of a meditation/mysticism/magick sort of thing.

I see after effects of long term use of recreational drugs.

Oh? What gives you that impression?

Your hairline is receding and your hair is grey.

I don't think that image does color justice. That camera seems to have some issues with color balance, intensity, saturation, and hue. I have pictures of my wolf and she looks rather brownish ... she is grey. The images were taken of her in the snow (a quite rare thing in east Texas). I don't really like them much, and I can't seem to adjust the color to properly show her real color.

Anyway, while I do have a few white/grey hairs, the number is rather small ... most of it is a combination of light brown, a tanish (I call it Texas mud), and blond (sometimes very blond). In any case the color isn't very accurate ... perhaps I should dust off my antique Pentax and take a "real" picture.

You might have a DNA anomoly, but that could just run in the family, like mozaic eyes, but more rare. Your facial shape doesnt really match that of any known humanoid alien description. Your eyes tell me... that your pleading for something though. Maybe you made this story up because of psychological trauma you have experienced. Maybe its true. Who knows. But for now, more physical evidence is required.

What the H*** are mozaic eyes?

I can't think of / remember any trauma in my life, psychological or physical, At least not beyond what everyone has to deal with ...

That image is there to illustrate that the physical traits that one would normally expect from someone of Indo-African descent don't exist im me. Are there any "known" humanoid aliens? There are plenty of descriptions from many different people, but, are any of them actually documented?

Anyway, it will be a few months before I can do more testing. I fimd that after a new computer that I will be needing to purchace a tool set for my vintage "Z" car since my mechanic has switched to being an "over the road" truck driver, and now I have to go back to doing most of the work on my car. But, fear not, I shall be doing more tests, and I fully expect more anomalies.

Etharzi od Oma.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I don't see why aliens wouldn't have evolved beyond the need for governments. If anything, perhaps they would contact businesses, or even better they would contact our telecom communications systems directly.

Religions < Governments < Business < Technology

The way I see it, if there are aliens who could instantly telepathically communicate with people light years across the galaxies, then they could easily hack into our internet system and communicate with everybody simultaneously. Or better yet, they could control our social interactions, observe all our financial transactions, etc....the person they should seemingly contact would be a Bill Gates or a Steve Wozniak billionare type. Anyhow, just some thoughts to throw out there.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Im sorry, but based on that picture, your story might be false. Although your story is solid and sounds true, your picture says different. You look to be a person who used to be a hippie.

Interesting...

Actually, for a very little while in the late 60's and very early 70's I did hang out in S.F. But it was short lived. After a few months I moves south to the Sunnyvale area and started my career in the Electronics industry. Then in early 71 I returned to school to get my degree.

It is true that I have long hair, but, I don't really think that long hair makes me, or anyone, a Hippie. That distinction seems to be one of attitude more than anything else. A sort of "drop-out", "tune-in" life style. And while I did spend some time "tuning-in" it was more of a meditation/mysticism/magick sort of thing.

Now, the long hair doesnt make you look like a hippy, i have long hair myself. Its more of the way you look like you carry yourself in that picture. Remember that a picture is worth a thousand words.

I see after effects of long term use of recreational drugs.

Oh? What gives you that impression?

well, i meant some. you say your... 60? you look a bit older than that. you also strike me as somebody who used to do it but doesnt anymore. You also stated that you did some in the 70's in your short autobiography (damn that thing for being hard to find). although, i could be wrong. and it could be the camera as you stated below.

Your hairline is receding and your hair is grey.

I don't think that image does color justice. That camera seems to have some issues with color balance, intensity, saturation, and hue. I have pictures of my wolf and she looks rather brownish ... she is grey. The images were taken of her in the snow (a quite rare thing in east Texas). I don't really like them much, and I can't seem to adjust the color to properly show her real color.

Anyway, while I do have a few white/grey hairs, the number is rather small ... most of it is a combination of light brown, a tanish (I call it Texas mud), and blond (sometimes very blond). In any case the color isn't very accurate ... perhaps I should dust off my antique Pentax and take a "real" picture.

well, if you say so. i have had that problem too at times. i am open to more pictures.

You might have a DNA anomoly, but that could just run in the family, like mozaic eyes, but more rare. Your facial shape doesnt really match that of any known humanoid alien description. Your eyes tell me... that your pleading for something though. Maybe you made this story up because of psychological trauma you have experienced. Maybe its true. Who knows. But for now, more physical evidence is required.

What the H*** are mozaic eyes?

mozaic eyes... you know, changes color dramatically? thats what i was told it was called at least. its rare. and i didnt mean to say you had it, i meant to use it as an example of a rare genetic anomaly.

I can't think of / remember any trauma in my life, psychological or physical, At least not beyond what everyone has to deal with ...

Well, the people that experience it usually dont because its repressed. But, your going to have to ask yourself this anyways.

That image is there to illustrate that the physical traits that one would normally expect from someone of Indo-African descent don't exist im me. Are there any "known" humanoid aliens? There are plenty of descriptions from many different people, but, are any of them actually documented?

Anyway, it will be a few months before I can do more testing. I fimd that after a new computer that I will be needing to purchace a tool set for my vintage "Z" car since my mechanic has switched to being an "over the road" truck driver, and now I have to go back to doing most of the work on my car. But, fear not, I shall be doing more tests, and I fully expect more anomalies.

Etharzi od Oma.

yes, i do find it strange that your DNA says you're from africa, yet you look pretty northern european to me.

This is just the skeptic in me speaking out, and attempting to give good opposition, unlike those other people who insult without basis. I do hope it turns out for the better, whatever happens.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by quantum_flux
I don't see why aliens wouldn't have evolved beyond the need for governments. If anything, perhaps they would contact businesses, or even better they would contact our telecom communications systems directly.

While it may be true that some, perhaps many, alien species have evolved beyond the need for government, not all have. There will always be species, not unlike Humans, venturing out into space for their first time, and still very much in need of guidance, direction, and order. Thus, some form of government is still required, and that government must apply to all equally.

Some ET governments do not make contact in this way out of respect for the alien species and their governments that are encountered. Others will make contact, and may in the process harm the cultures they find.

Etharzi od Oma.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   

well, i meant some. you say your... 60? you look a bit older than that. you also strike me as somebody who used to do it but doesnt anymore. You also stated that you did some in the 70's in your short autobiography (damn that thing for being hard to find). although, i could be wrong. and it could be the camera as you stated below.

63 actually, most people I encounter say I look some younger. My wify says I should cut my hair because that makes me look younger. And, yeah, did some back in the day, not so much anymore.

well, if you say so. i have had that problem too at times. i am open to more pictures.

I just discovered an unused roll of film ... so perhaps I'll invest in some batteries and get the old Pentax back on line. I sort of stopped using it because the digital camers is easier ... everything is on a standard memory "stick"; so no chemical processing, scanning, etc.

mozaic eyes... you know, changes color dramatically? thats what i was told it was called at least. its rare. and i didnt mean to say you had it, i meant to use it as an example of a rare genetic anomaly.

Oh. Actually my eyes do change color, but its not very dramatic. Mostly from a sort of charcoal grey to a rather dark blue. Though, after the surgery on my eyelid to remove a basal cell carcenoma, they were a sort of deep green, almost emerald in color. Thats why I had that image lying around, was trying to document the green, but they went back to the usual grey / blue thing. Was a bit dissapointed.

Well, the people that experience it usually dont because its repressed. But, your going to have to ask yourself this anyways.

True, however, in my case, I thought of that and spent a few years with a psychologist to see if there was anything. We found nothing.

yes, i do find it strange that your DNA says you're from africa, yet you look pretty northern european to me.

This is just the skeptic in me speaking out, and attempting to give good opposition, unlike those other people who insult without basis. I do hope it turns out for the better, whatever happens.

I do appreciate you skeptical approach. And, you are right to be skeptical, I was for a very long time.

Etharzi od Oma.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   

For some reason, the movie "Shutter Island" comes to mind.

I cant wait for new evidence and such and i will keep following.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Hi AnthraAndromda

Are you trying to tell us that Mankind + Money + No Government = A Good Thing

I'll admit I'm no math whiz, but I did take high school algebra, and I gotta say our "solutions" sure don't match:
Mankind + Money + No Government = Chaos

That proves to me you're from another world. It might be a mighty fine place, but I ain't going. Don't you know our history? The smart thing for any truly intelligent species (that I can imagine) would be to pass us by. We really are a pretty rowdy bunch! If anyone finds Voyager I, at some point the future, I sure hope they don't misinterpret it as a sign of intelligence.

We're a pretty gullible bunch too! We'll believe just about (I'm giving us the benefit of doubt with "just about".) anything. The more absurd the story is, the easier it is to believe. We like to shy away from the obvious. I reckon some things just make too much sense to be true. We especially love conspiracies! These allow us to go on witch hunts. We get so excited over those, we often go to war!

I see you know of the Zetas, so maybe you could tell me what the deal with Nibiru is. I came across a lot of "work" by Nancy Lieder and Mark Hazlewood, but it seems they were wrong the first time, so I now need something even more far fetched.

I'm sure you can do better, but remember: It can't make sense! That will only make us suspicious!

See ya.

PS:
I'm serious: Check your math!

edit on 21-9-2010 by BenReclused because: Spelling

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by BenReclused
Hi AnthraAndromda

Are you trying to tell us that Mankind + Money + No Government = A Good Thing

I'll admit I'm no math whiz, but I did take high school algebra, and I gotta say our "solutions" sure don't match:
Mankind + Money + No Government = Chaos

No ... I'm not the one who says "no government". In fact, quote toe opposite. Government is needed, but an honest one! You know ... one that isn't corrupt, and pandering to anyone with enough money.

Government is a "thing" that is needed even in rather advanced civilizations, to handle the less civilized if for no other reason. Course the effecient management of resources is also a good thing.

Yes, I know that Humans seem to have some sort of phobia about "making sense". But, y'all should try it sometime.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Howdy! I hope you're doing well today.

Well... I must admit: Our solutions are much closer, but nowhere near absolute. I still foresee an error margin of pretty darn near 100%.

Governments create a "cache 22" situation when humans are involved. From our perspective: Governments and conspiracies are inseparable! Any intelligent species should know that! You need to recheck our history!

Honestly though, government isn't really a factor! It's the people! Look at the math:

Humans + Money + No Government = Chaos (I think we agree on this equation.)
Humans + Money + Government = < Chaos (I also think we agree here, but I promise you, it won't be much less.)

I propose:

Money + No Government - Humans = No Chaos (an absolute), and:
Money + Government - Humans = No Chaos (also an absolute) thus;
Humans = Chaos must be true.

I feel this demonstrates, very well, that humans don't need either government, or money, to put themselves into the midst of trouble.

Haven't you noticed that government and money are only two of the very many excuses we use to get into trouble.

Look at the way "Whites" are perceived by, well..., pretty much everyone else.
Look at the way "Blacks" are perceived by, well..., pretty much everyone else.
Look at the way "Jews" are perceived by, well..., pretty much everyone else.
Look at the way "Christians" are perceived by, well..., pretty much everyone else.
Look at the way "Muslims" are perceived by, well..., pretty much everyone else.

Let's see... who else should be on that list? Well..., pretty much everyone else!

One's first thought might be to eliminate religions, or borders, or cultures, or, well..., everything else. Well..., we would still be stuck with races! That would seem significant, but really it isn't. We don't need races to be in the midst of trouble. After all, isn't that only one of the very many excuses we use? I feel it is!

Now let's just imagine that in a "perfect" world..., even in a world without families, there would still be siblings. Look at the way we often treat even our "biological" brothers and sisters. Humans don't get any closer than that. Guess what! We still can't get along!

Don't you see?:

Even forcing a "cosmic reset" wouldn't change anything. If you ran several identical experiments, under identical conditions, why would one expect the results to vary?

I may sound like a pessimist, but really I'm not. I just know that unless we stop believing the bullsh*t we so often maliciously spread about one another, nothing will change. Do you really feel we are worthy of saving?

Oil does not cause war!
Economics does not cause war!
Governments do not cause war!
We cause war!

We cause war because we choose to believe the absurd over the reasonable, the hidden over the obvious,.and the evil over the good. In other words: We choose to believe bullsh*t.

Here are a just few examples of actions driven by some group's belief in bullsh*t (in no particular order):

The Crusades
Civil Wars (Every d*mn one of them)
Osama Bin Ladins crap
Saddam Hussien's crap
The Iraq War (This in no way reflects my opinion of President George W. Bush or his Administration. It was however an action based on bullsh*t I reckon)
Nazism
Genocide
Pretty much all of our crap

Hell, I could never complete that list. Besides that, it only serves to p*ss me off!

On a personal level:
I don't believe, for even one minute, that you are not of this world.
The truth is: It shouldn't matter!
As far as I'm concerned: It doesn't!
Might I be wrong? No doubt there!
Does it matter? Not at all!

I don't waste time "judging books by their covers", so I have no desire to start judging entities, Earthly or not, by their "covers" either. After all, that's what I feel is Mankind's biggest flaw!

Quite honestly, I'm quite impressed! I'm glad I happened across you!

Thank you for this opportunity to vent.

See ya, Milt

edit on 22-9-2010 by BenReclused because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by BenReclused

And, all of that makes you different than ET how?

Etharzi od Oma

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   

.. Just wanted to Say Hello .. your info is quite .. Interesting .. and I will be looking over it.. You seem to have an aura of truth behind you .. but I am quick to trust aswell so .. may I say .. Hello and God Bless You and Yours...

edit on 22-9-2010 by Vonour because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   

.. you may want to check your work . .it seems incomplete.. you never thougth to subtract money . or goverment .. or even finish your thought ?..... Hello to you God Bless..

edit on 22-9-2010 by Vonour because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   

So what you're saying is Humans are the problem, and they need to be removed from the equation? Without humans, there wouldn't be a government, because humans make governments, and humans make money.

I'm sure every intelligent race that has ever existed has gone through this cycle. Just ask Anthra.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   

And, all of that makes you different than ET how?

Etharzi od Oma

Hi Etharzi od Oma,

Would addressing you as "Etharzi" or "Oma" be proper?

You seem to be under the assumption that I KNOW something about "ET". Hell, I haven't got clue of what ETs are like! But I sure as heck wouldn't base my comparison on something I may have seen in a movie, on TV, or even on the Internet.

ET or not, you have to admit that there is a lot of bullsh*t "floating" around out there. Maybe it's limited to the Earth. I certainly hope so!

I feel it's wise and healthy to approach the unknown with a good dose of skepticism. Are you aware of the story of the "Trojan Horse"? Regardless of being true or not, I still find a pretty darn good lesson in it. If you offered me a piece of candy, I know that I would decline until I, at the least, got to know you a little bit better. If ETs haven't learned this lesson yet... you guys had better watch out! There are plenty of real examples in our history!

I also remember a "story" I saw on TV well over 40 yrs. ago. It's about a book titled "To Serve Man" that was brought to Earth by "aliens". It turned out to be a cookbook! I still laugh when I think about that!

You also seem to hint that there may not be much difference between us. If so, it certainly doesn't indicate a higher level of intelligence concerning ETs.

I would think you would be the authority on ETs. Why don't you make the comparison?

I feel that extraordinary claims justify extraordinary evidence. I haven't seen any valid evidence anywhere, but that doesn't mean there isn't any. I haven't dismissed the possibility.

Anyway..., I'm not interested in being saved. I'm just enjoying our exchange!

See ya, Milt

edit on 22-9-2010 by BenReclused because: to correct the reply to area

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by shiman

So what you're saying is Humans are the problem, and they need to be removed from the equation? Without humans, there wouldn't be a government, because humans make governments, and humans make money.

I'm sure every intelligent race that has ever existed has gone through this cycle. Just ask Anthra.

As far as "So what you're saying is Humans are the problem" is concerned: Absolutely!!!

As far as "Without humans, there wouldn't be a government, because humans make governments, and humans make money." is concerned: I already now that this isn't so! Haven't you been paying attention to "Anthra"?

As far as "I'm sure every intelligent race that has ever existed has gone through this cycle." is concerned: What is so profound about that? Perhaps you could explain how that could have NOT occurred! Please do!

See ya, Milt

edit on 22-9-2010 by BenReclused because: to correct the reply to header

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join