It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is Mufon holding back information on the "Abduction Monitoring Project" ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Mufon supposedly had a project called "Abduction Monitoring Project" later changed to "Ambient Monitoring Project" and the idea was to disguise recording equipment and place it in someones room that had claims of repeated abductions to monitor the situation and try and capture some evidence.

according to Joe Capp in his latest blog article , the data that was collected was never analyzed or studied and supposedly Mufon will not release that information to the public so we could take a look at it.

Joe also charges that the current director of Mufon , James Carrion will not answer any emails regarding this project.

A few years ago MUFON tried to catch ETs abducting humans. They selected a group of documented alien abductees and they began putting specially designed sensing units in each abductees’ home. MUFON had the abductee fill out forms each day on their recollection of the night before i.e., whether they thought something happened or not. The idea was simple and smart. You collate the data from the “tamper proof” sensors with the days that the abductee felt something happened. If the sensor picked up anomalies you would have independent verification something strange happened that same night. MUFON was smart; they expanded this to a good group of candidates which in the end could collaborate evidence from several units showing the same thing. This would be powerful evidence something was happening and it wasn’t not “night terrors.”

Right this minute MUFON has all of this data just sitting there at MUFON with no word of what happened or where they are with it. This project was designed to reveal the truth behind abductions. The hard work and determination of those who were part of this investigation needs to be rewarded with a conclusion. There might be all kinds of things happening with this project but you wouldn’t know it by the MUFON Journal, which first reported it. The Journal, at times, puts things out there without follow-ups and many times that leaves me wondering; What Happened?

So I ask with all due respect MUFON: What Happened To The Ambient Monitoring Project?

(click here to read the article)
ufomedia.blogspot.com...

so what do you think about Mufon ? is it possible they do hold back important information ? are they to be trusted ? i have personally wrote Mufon requesting a witness drawing that they left out of a case from California that was posted on their site and after two email attempts from me , i never even got an answer.

so the questions remain , why won't Mufon release the information they collected on the abduction monitoring project they did ? what are they hiding ?

[edit on 18-11-2009 by easynow]

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Good research easynow, interesting to ponder that MUFON may be holding back some alien related information - but I think MUFON is a respectable organization and the only information they are witholding is 'embarassing info'.

This was a good plan in theory, but when executed I think they quickly realized that this program was invasive and generally uncomfortable for everyone involved. Audio and/or video equipment in your bedroom recording everything you do is going to get some stuff that nobody wants to see!

So, imo this was a failed program that they would prefer to soon forget about. Furthermore if they were to 'release any data' collected that may expose people in ways that is offensive.

[edit on 18-11-2009 by Mr. Schwabe]

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
One can only think that if any anomalies were recorded, MUFON would have released it. Perhaps they did not get the answers they wanted.

[edit on 18-11-2009 by DoomsdayRex]

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr. Schwabe

Good research easynow, interesting to ponder that MUFON may be holding back some alien related information - but I think MUFON is a respectable organization and the only information they are witholding is 'embarassing info'.

yes it's interesting to ponder if Mufon is holding back info because i am sure it's nothing but a CIA front to collect data and we all know the goverment has used project blue book and the condon report to dismiss all the evidence. the goverment lies about this subject and there's no reason for me NOT to believe Mufon isn't controlled or being orchestrated by the same agenda.

This was a good plan in theory, but when executed I think they quickly realized that this program was invasive and generally uncomfortable for everyone involved. Audio and/or video equipment in your bedroom recording everything you do is going to get some stuff that nobody wants to see!

quite possible but i am sure these people already knew that they were being recorded in some fashion and would have refrained from bizzare activity to some degree so i am not sure your argument is a valid one.

So, imo this was a failed program that they would prefer to soon forget about. Furthermore if they were to 'release any data' collected that may expose people in ways that is offensive.

aren't you jumping to conclusions that the program was a a "failed" one when you don't even know what the data even consists of ? there are plenty of easy ways they could keep anything private from being revealed. how hard is it to change a name from Joe Smith to John doe ?

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

One can only think that if any anomalies were recorded, MUFON would have released it.

are you sure about that ? Dr, Hynek who was working for project Blue Book was told not to "rock the boat" and your trying to get me to believe that the same people that told him that are just going to let Mufon run wild and release info that would rock the boat ?

Perhaps they did not get the answers they wanted.

perhaps but don't you find it the least bit strange that we are not getting the opportunity to even know what the actual results were ?

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by easynow
perhaps but don't you find it the least bit strange that we are not getting the opportunity to even know what the actual results were ?

Which is my point exactly. If they got the answers they wanted, we would know about it.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Which is my point exactly. If they got the answers they wanted, we would know about it.

how can you be so sure of that and why did you only cherry pick that line from my post when the other part of my post addressed the concerns of why they wouldn't release the info ?

and according to Joe Capp the data wasn't even studied or examined by Mufon so ...what is it you were you saying again ?

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   

how can you be so sure of that and why did you only cherry pick that line from my post when the other part of my post addressed the concerns of why they wouldn't release the info ?

Not cherry-picking, but relating my point.

Besides, your speculation that the government is somehow covering this up has no grounding. Your evidence for it is rather weak and the argument built on special pleading. You have a claim from Hynek about what his employers were telling him, in a different organization. And you ignore all the reports and studies that MUFON has released that the government hasn't covered up. You are not getting the answer you want so you make something up, a excuse, an exception, to explain why you don't have the answer.

and according to Joe Capp the data wasn't even

How would he know? That is an assumption both you and he are making without any evidence. Capp says himself MUFON will not answer his questions about the project. And says Capp, from something you quoted...

Right this minute MUFON has all of this data just sitting there at MUFON with no word of what happened or where they are with it.

So in truth, neither he, you or I know if MUFON has examined the data or not.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   

your speculation that the government is somehow covering this up has no grounding.

only in your opinion and in your mind does my speculation have no grounding. the history of the goverments role and obfuscation of this subject is clear and in plain sight. your obviously to blind to see it.

And you ignore all the reports and studies that MUFON has released that the government hasn't covered up. You are not getting the answer you want so you make something up, a excuse, an exception, to explain why you don't have the answer.

this may come as a shock to you but i don't ignore anything Mufon has released and for you to bear witness for Mufon and defend them and say they have released all information that they have is laughable.

if anyone is making things up out of thin air it's you. you are not in a position to know what is the truth and saying you know this and that as a fact is ridiculous.

How would he know? That is an assumption both you and he are making without any evidence.

true and you made the same mistake when you said this...

If they got the answers they wanted, we would know about it.

So in truth, neither he, you or I know if MUFON has examined the data or not.

thank you
case and point.

admin edit: removed snide comment.

[edit on 11-19-2009 by Springer]

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   

this may come as a shock to you but i don't ignore anything Mufon has released and for you to bear witness for Mufon and defend them and say they have released all information that they have is laughable.

You have a problem with reading comprehension.

Originally posted by easynowif anyone is making things up out of thin air it's you...

What did I make up?

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   

You have a problem with reading comprehension.

it seems to me you have that problem , try reading the last post i made and you will have your answer.

enough with the back and forth conversations and lets discuss the monitoring project ...ok ? thanks

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
whats more likely MUFON are being silenced by the government or its just they dont have anything at all from this experiment.

infact my bets are on this scenario : test subjects claimed they were visited by alien beings and taken away to the mothership. MUFON checks the "sensors" which show nothing and probably prove the test subjects didnt go anywhere.

but mufon dont want to put a bummer on alien abductions so they dont release the results.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Mufon is only the shadow of his formel self.. now it does not even have backbones to stand and tell the story.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by korats

thanks but are you basing your opinion of Mufon on something you have seen or experienced yourself or is it this thread or a combination of different things ? just wondering why you have that stance and was hoping you could elaborate on it some more. thanks in advance if you do reply back.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Vrill is what happened!!!!! When you're monitoring a co-relationship between the elite blackops inherited from one branch of their Scientists, the German Vrill branch, and brought into the US, incorporated into NASA, gloom lake and deep bases throughout the world and lunar as well, possibly others, and ETs such as zetans and the negatives on Sirus, humans, basically the fascists that side with the nukis, how on earth are you going to monitor them?
You'd be sent on your way with a severe warning.

[edit on 18-11-2009 by Unity_99]

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I was going to do a thread on a slightly different but similar subject concerning MUFON, it seems they are holding back on other UFO related topics.

The "UFOs in the News" page hasn't been changed since 110409 (041109) despite there being numerous mentions of UFOs in the media etc.

MUFO UFOs in the News

Check it out, it's kinda weird, they used to have something new every couple of days.

All the best, Kiwifoot.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Isnt there like a PR person anyone can ring or something? idk

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

thanks Kiwifoot,

i'm not familiar with that web page and it does look to me that there hasn't been anything added in the last two weeks. not sure what that means since it's something new to me but you are keeping track of it so that's good to hear. keep us updated if you would like to and with so many people sending in reports i would have to agree that something isn't right about it. i can think of a few mundane reasons but it's all speculation on my part.

the goverment has a track record of lying to the public about this subject and i really don't believe they are going to let Mufon run wild without some kind of parenting. God only knows what is really going on behind the scenes.

thanks for the reply and the info

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by superdebz

Isnt there like a PR person anyone can ring or something? idk

would you believe what they told you and not question it like some of the skeptics are willing to do ? just wondering.

since they never answered my two emails, i seriously doubt you would get a straight answer from them. i suppose it's worth a try just to see what would happen ?

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

Not a problem mate!

They honestly used to have something new every couple of days, I'd check it out to see if there was anything interesting or thread worthy there.

It might be something simple like the guy who does it going away or something, but it is a bit odd, will keep you posted!

Kiwifoot

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join