It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boycott Chinese consumer goods

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Vishva Hindu Parishad today asked people to boycott Chinese goods as they were "badly affecting" the Indian industry, particularly small and medium enterprises. "Huge amounts of consumer goods from China are being clandestinely brought into the country to flood its markets and this is badly affecting our economy," VHP International President Ashok Singhal told reporters here.

LINK

Finally, this is what I was waiting to listen for and finally someone is doing something about it. In my opinion the world should stop buying faulty, lethal chinese produces...We just need a few people to shout out and explain how faulty 'Made in China' is walk past thouse products not buying it...i bet 12 people behind you will do the exact same thing...

[edit on 18/11/09 by asen_y2k]

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by asen_y2k
t. In my opinion the world should stop buying faulty, lethal chinese produces...We just need a few people to shout out and explain how faulty 'Made in China' is walk past thouse products not buying it...i bet 12 people behind you will do the exact same thing...

Good idea, wrong reasons. Used to be anything "Made in Japan" was regarded as inferior...it was, mind you. But the industry developed and we all know the end result. Chinese quality will follow as it matures.

The real problem with goods made in China is they are so often the result of North American jobs sent overseas by Wall Street (and Bay Street for us Canucks). With those manufacturing jobs gone...all we can afford is the crap. Nice self-perpetuating system there. What if retailers are suddenly stuck with their stock of Chinese-made what-nots because people buy "Made Right Here" instead? Well then...

And I bring Canada into that mix because, essentially, we share an economy, a market, a labour pool and a way of life.

And that's why we should boycott Chinese goods.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I try not to buy anything thats not made in my own country if I can help it.
I only support my own country when buying food and goods.
If it says made in Mexico or made in The United States or made in Isreal or China.....etc I just keep walking.

As far as China is concerned we all make faulty products of some sort....I think this is more about not allowing China to have their hands in Indias economy,which I agree with.
India as well as all the countries should have a say in how much an outsider is effecting their nations economy and to stop the manipulation.
Looks like China is just doing what Americans have done for along time....manipulate things to suit their needs.
Not all wars are fought on the battlefield.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by asen_y2k

Finally, this is what I was waiting to listen for and finally someone is doing something about it. In my opinion the world should stop buying faulty, lethal chinese produces...We just need a few people to shout out and explain how faulty 'Made in China' is walk past thouse products not buying it...i bet 12 people behind you will do the exact same thing...

Don't forget that China has in recent years also started to import more and more Western (also a lot of US) products as the population gains more financial means. Western products are often seen as status symbols and are highly wanted.

The Chinese home market is the largest in the World. If we were to boycot their products they might decide not to sell our products on their market anymore. Think about who would feel it more if that happens.

When it comes to business relations, it would be wise for all Western countries to keep the posibility open to sell their product to the Chinese as it's currently the fastest growing and potentially largest market we can export our products to.

There's always 2 sides of a coin.

[edit on 18-11-2009 by Mokoman]

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
This is a world wide attack on China perpetrated by nobodies friends - the NWO.

They are trying very hard on many fronts to undermine China's exports - on which it relies for its economic strength.

The reason is not because of faulty Chinese goods, it is because of China's growing power - economic, political and martial.

The story that the MSM would have us believe is that child workers are whipped as slaves in factories that are death traps, producing toxic products that may explode suddenly and without warning.

It is all bogus - the importing country or retailer is responsible for checking goods and making sure they meet the safety requirements of the importing nation. Additionally, there are laws that require importers to ensure that child labor is not used - so if those conditions are broken, it is purely the responsibility of those who are doing the importing.

Exporters will always check what regulations are in place, and meet those regulations - failure to do so is likely to mean their products are rejected at the border - if they cheat on standards it is likely to be revealed, and destroy that business or company.

No one is going to do it - it is business suicide. The entire 'don't buy Chinese' mantra is based on the NWO plans to limit China's strength.

The story of the lead paint in childrens toys is suspicious on many lines - the MSM hype being the single most important flag. Whatever the MSM says is a lie - and should be carefully reviewed to understand what the motivation is - in this case it is simple - to try and stop the growth of China. The story stank, I recommend people to go look it up. It appears that a third party interfered with the normal supplier of paint - and someone mysteriously hanged themselves - smells like a black op to me.

There was a recent post on this site regarding a picture supposedly drawn by a small girl working in a Chinese factory, it sounded like pure fiction to me. Sounds more like agents putting them into products in the hope that someone would present one or more to the press so they can have a field day of anti Chinese sentiment.

Personally - while the NWO control the MSM - then they have a huge tactical advantage.

China's response should be to hire people to promote China on the internet - put Chinese satellites for TV into space over western nations - and maybe secretly disable satellites belonging to the NWO.

If they could knock out competing satellites - or get a piece of the MSM pie from the controllers - they would vastly improve their position.

If I were the Chinese - I would be looking into ways to clandestinely destroy TV satellites and blame it on someone, or something else - lets face it - even if Chinese TV was pure propaganda, and totally baised - it would still be superior to NWO TV.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Ironic that probably all those who post here are doing so on chinese made equipment.

Also, who made your mobile phone, your stereo and camera etc, etc.

You're right about buying own-country made products, but they are usually more expensive. Only when everyone can make the same things for the same money at the same quality will people truly have freedom to make the choices they deserve, and only when your own countries commercial outlets put quality before profit.

Complain more, demand good STANDARD guarantees (not the ones that cost xtra), voice your opinions to the sellers and use the power of the masses to change things.

This shouldn't be about supporting India instead of China, there's no guarantee that their goods are any better. It's about making the best of something to a good quality. Unfortunately....the "best" (or just better) comes at a price.

I'll keep on using the cheap, disposable cr*p they keep shipping over because I'M NOT WELL OFF.

I'd rather be using this plastic pile of junk (not currently faulty or lethal) to speak to you than nothing at all.

Cheers.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amagnon
This is a world wide attack on China perpetrated by nobodies friends - the NWO.

They are trying very hard on many fronts to undermine China's exports - on which it relies for its economic strength.

Who do you think is making the money of the differential between the price of a landed product and the retail price? When GM slashes its labour costs by getting parts made in China, it's not to bring down the price of the car...it's to plump up the profit margin to the shareholders.

Arses didn't figure out that if you can't afford a car any longer...you won't buy one.

[edit on 18-11-2009 by JohnnyCanuck]

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Where ever you are open up the product and check inside....some where its written 'Made in China' Or maybe Taiwan. Startng from cell phones pda and also to keychin. I had a Keychain called Ukraine is the best and right below it 'Made in China'
I am not saying that made in china is bad....but these things last no longer than a year before the cells crash, keychains break and stuffed animals tear up

Adn right not I am tying on a Sony laptop with 'Made in Taiwan' on it WE currently have no other choice.

Oh and they make medicines too

Fake medicines may kill. At the very least, they are not effective against a disease or an ailment.

Some of the fake medicines seized included multivitamins, cefazolin, cefuroxime, dydrogesterone, loperamide, gliclazide and dexamethasone. There are two ways patient are affected, either by adverse side-effects or that the patient is not cured or eventually dies if it is a fatal disease because there are insufficient ingredients or no active ingredient in the fake medicines at all," Leyesa tells InterNews&Features.

The estimated 192,000 patients killed by fake medicines in China in 2001 gives an indication of the scale of human suffering.

They have a huge market for fake drgs...

LINK

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
How can a country like China become like Japan if they do this -

Chinese passing off fake drugs as 'Made in India'

New Delhi: Are fake drugs manufactured in China being pushed into various African countries with the `Made in India' tag? The Indian government has long suspected this to be the case, but it now has definite evidence for the first time. Last week, the National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC) of Nigeria issued a press release stating that a large consignment of fake anti-malarial generic pharmaceuticals labelled 'Made in India' were, in fact, found to have been produced in China.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by asen_y2k

Indeed they do have a large fake pharma market, but then the fact that pharma is a market is a whole other issue. Life saving drugs should be free. If they were, there would be no market for fake drugs. So blaming Chinese for exploiting a market is rather pointless when we created the market in the first place.

Also to the person who said Japanese goods used to be inferior, what a load of crap. And I have a couple of betamax and a laserdisc player to prove it.
Seriously though, the Japanese have never made inferior goods (ok maybe the Dastun 120Y).

[edit on 18-11-2009 by quackers]

[edit on 18-11-2009 by quackers]

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by quackers

Japanese products were indeed inferior, go back a few years before the betamax.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Mokoman

Western products are often seen as status symbols and are highly wanted.

I think the reason is because they know Western products are of a superior quality. Even Chinese consumers are worried about lead in their childrens toys and the effects it has on their childrens health.

I boycotted Chinese goods about 3 years ago when I read about the Melamine problem. I'm not going to poison my kids just to save a few bucks. What you save on the product you pay for 1,000 times more in health care and doctors bills. No thanks.

Until China ups their quality control to Western standards, I'll never buy another product in Made In China.

[edit on 18-11-2009 by Flighty]

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
It's been a personal mission of mine to not buy made in China products, ever since I had the handle of a 2 week old cup fall off and spill hot coffee on me. It is very difficult to find everything I use made in USA or Japan, or UK, France, Canada,....

[edit on 18-11-2009 by tamusan]

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
This is from TIMES magazine November 23, 2009

removed

[edit on 18-11-2009 by TrainDispatcher]

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I would love to see a boycott china campaign go viral just because of the lack of safety of their products. Not to mention the lack of jobs here in the U.S.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Originally posted by asen_y2k
t. In my opinion the world should stop buying faulty, lethal chinese produces...We just need a few people to shout out and explain how faulty 'Made in China' is walk past thouse products not buying it...i bet 12 people behind you will do the exact same thing...

Good idea, wrong reasons. Used to be anything "Made in Japan" was regarded as inferior...it was, mind you. But the industry developed and we all know the end result. Chinese quality will follow as it matures.

The real problem with goods made in China is they are so often the result of North American jobs sent overseas by Wall Street (and Bay Street for us Canucks). With those manufacturing jobs gone...all we can afford is the crap. Nice self-perpetuating system there. What if retailers are suddenly stuck with their stock of Chinese-made what-nots because people buy "Made Right Here" instead? Well then...

And I bring Canada into that mix because, essentially, we share an economy, a market, a labour pool and a way of life.

I have to disagree the likes of Panasonic Pioneer and Technics hi fi stuff made in Japan was superb. I still have Jap made amps and speakers that work better after 20 years than any.
Sony is another.
As long as people buy Chinese stuff they will continue to make it-In England we have seen our traditional industries collapse because Chinese imports fill the shelves.The Brits complain about lost jobs but its them who are buying into it.
Nissan built the auto plant here with £millions of funding from the UK government.If we went to China and said give us a few million and we will build a factory they would laugh.

We have seen in both China and India good growth-but the people ultimately want a share in the wealth.the UKs richest person is Indian-I was a bit shocked when I saw it.
But he has worked hard to get it and no one can begrudge that-unlike other UK billionaires who made easy money by corruption ....mention no names but it begins with A and connects to Chelsea football club.
The Indian economy is buoyant and theres no reason why they cannot replicate China success-but China has concentrated on exports in China made goods whereas India have tended to concentrate on home markets or offer service provision in India to other countries....
Its an interesting topic.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I began looking for US made products to purchase (country of origin) since 1992 when the bulk of the mills were closing in my little piece of the earth.
It was 70/30 then, and when I look now, (retail shelving) it's pretty much 97/3.
I search but I'm not very successful. I wish I could buy homemade goods.
They had a special on the local news tonight about the chinese coming here, (eastern ohio-western pa) and looking for deals on land to possibly build some production facilities to reduce shipping expense, but all that tells me is,
the local rep's that went to china on federal grant money had a vacation to the orient and that the chinese will NEVER build here.
Its the land of wish in one hand and crap in the other, and see which one fills up first.
I believe I'll be dead and buried before production comes back to the states.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by martin3030
I have to disagree the likes of Panasonic Pioneer and Technics hi fi stuff made in Japan was superb. I still have Jap made amps and speakers that work better after 20 years than any. Sony is another.

Indeed...I'm going back before that...like another poster said, 'before the betamax'. Your point shows that once shoddy workmanship evolved into the industry standard. China will do the same, with India close on its heels.

The question is...will we be able to compete with Chinese labour costs? No...they won't come up to our standards, so ours will have to drop unless we support the Western marketplace. It's a vicious circle with the middle class taking the hit. As always...

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
What a strange world we live. India, a country that due to its low cost of employment has seen the import of millions of jobs from the first world, has one of its political leaders complaining about the import of Chinese goods.

This importing from China must be done with help from Indian nationals and guess what, like the reason jobs were moved from to India, it is all about the money. Business people in India and China have seen an opportunity to make a fast buck and maybe not pay due or tax in either country.

And of course, with supply there is demand and these cheaper products are being sold so people in India clearly want them.

Not every product made in China or India for that matter is dangerous and should be avoided. Can any one of us say that every product produced in the first world is perfect?

And we as consumers in the first world have been happy to buy products made in not only China or India, but many other lower cost countries.

All of us are using computers to post to this thread that have come down in price. I can remember buying a desktop for a business in 1988 that cost over £5k!

Looking at the source of the information in the OP, can we read that Indian border control is poor as the source article clearly states that goods are being clandestinely brought into the country. The VHP are clearing making a political statement rather than an economic one.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

I rarely shop at Chinamart.
Ooops I mean Wal-Mart.

I think most people simply don't realize how important it is to support home industries. YES there are plenty of consumer items made in North America. What China has been able to do is simply flood the Market with Nickel and Dime items we the consumer buy without thinking. Wait until they reinvest and retool they will be crushing not just North American business [What’s Left] but also Japan and S. Korean industries.

Not everything we purchase on a daily bases HAS TO BE MADE IN CHINA.

Wake Up People.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join