It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Associated Press: Hypocrisy In Action

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
AP Turns Heads for Devoting 11 Reporters to Palin Book 'Fact Check'

Sarah Palin is no normal politician, and at the Associated Press, apparently "Going Rogue" is no normal book.

When the former Republican vice presidential candidate and former Alaska governor wrote her autobiography, the AP found a copy before its release date and assigned 11 people to fact check all 432 pages.

The AP, an organization with over 4,000 employees and 49 Pulitzer Prizes earned for asking the hard questions, wouldn't comment on their own reporting for this story.

Reviewing books and holding public figures accountable is at the core of good journalism, but the treatment Palin's book received appears to be something new for the AP. The organization did not review for accuracy recent books by the late Sen. Ted Kennedy, then-Sen. Joe Biden, either book by Barack Obama released before he was president or autobiographies by Bill or Hillary Clinton. The AP did more traditional news stories on those books.

The attraction to Palin doesn't appear to be partisan, since AP didn't fact-check recent political tomes by Republicans Rudy Giuliani or Newt Gingrich.

Looks like it's actually a frantic attraction to Palin alone. What is it about her that drives these supposed 'professional journalists' to throw it all away?

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Something about that woman really scares people. The Liberal Knee-pad users on this site cannot stand her either.

Maybe the people of this country cannot accept an average person in power. They want and need corrupt overly rich people in power.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
They fact checked it because before it was even out she has shown that she is a habitual liar. She's living back in the Bush/Cheney days when they would lie and then say, "I never said that". I guess nobody ever told her they got busted or she just doesn't care. She might be pretty but she is a vacuum head and a hypocrite. I would be willing to bet that she doesn't even really believe in God. I bet ole Levi is telling more of the truth than any Palin lover would want to know.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doom and Gloom
Something about that woman really scares people. The Liberal Knee-pad users on this site cannot stand her either.

Its all about politics. The Democrats primary constituency is women voters and in their minds, anything that presents a threat to that constituency must be destroyed. Conservative women are supposed to be dumpy housewives who stay home baking cookies, making babies and being subservient to the husband...at least if you believe the stereotype that the left pushes of them. They're not supposed to be attractive, they're not supposed to have careers, and they're certainly not supposed to be happy.

If the GOP leadership was smart, and they're not, but if they were, they'd push another conservative woman in 2012. The left can destroy one, but if they use the same tactics again to destroy another one, I think it would almost certainly backfire on them.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Maybe the people of this country cannot accept an average person in power. They want and need corrupt overly rich people in power.

Sarah Palin is as corrupt as any of them. Remember she said she was quitting as governor because of all the ethics investigations that would be brought against her if she stayed.

We will have no real hope or change until all the Republicans and Democrats are expelled from office and replaced by citizen statesmen who are beholding to their constituency instead of special interests.

People who stand on their own two feet and think for themselves do not need political parties.

[edit on 11-18-2009 by groingrinder]

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

The opposition raised about 20 ethics complaints against Sarah Palin, all originating after she was nominated to be VP. She was acquitted of all of them.

It seems to me that it was all politically motivated.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   

So if one has excitement to make another look like the idiot that they are...that means that there is an underlying fear of that person?

Look. This is the classic example of "screw you" for no other reason than Sarah Palin is an idiot, and the right wingers love her for it.

I love watching old Palin interviews where she gets stumped with remarkably simple questions.

I just plain don't like her. Do i feel threatened by her? No.

But i feel her stupidity is a threat to our country.

and "knee-pad users"?

Are you serious? That has got to be one of the worst references to oral sex i've ever seen. You seriously would have sounded less ridiculous by just saying liberal loons.
also, what power does Palin have?

She forfeited her elected office to pursue dreams of fame and money.

She quit on her power. She has none. Unless, of course, you watch Fox News.

[edit on 18-11-2009 by Snarf]

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
If only the AP would have put this much effort into fact checking Obama's contrived autobiographies... Oh, if only....

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
If this ain't the pot calling the kettle black then I don't know what it is. How many reporters did the right wing have on Obama's "Madrassa" story? How many did the right have during the John Kerry swift boat smear? I would imagine 100's lol. The only reason 11 are fact checking the book is because there are so many lies it was an impossible task for a mere few reporters. Dozens of bold faced, blatant and PROVEN lies already and rising. But who cares.. she's hot! (for those without standards lol). Amazes me on a conspiracy site all her lies are ignored. Amazes me that on a conspiracy site so many have made their mind up already that they will support someone no matter what. I've done my homework on this woman and have made an informed decision that she's a media spotlight whore, a pentecostal talking in tongues loon and serial liar. If that were not the case I would be giving her a solid "good on ya Sarah" but she's way off that mark. I'll let you drones get back to fapping.

[edit on 18-11-2009 by reasonable]

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I posted about this in a thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I also posted with it the massive layoffs taking place at the AP as this news broke.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

As a side note, the thread in which I posted this is about the government using the media for censorship, propaganda and control.

new topics

top topics

join