It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conservatives, UNITE

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Good morning all, long time lurker but infrequent poster here. Just wanted to share my opinions on alot of the far-right, "extremist" propaganda circulating out there. More of it now than I've ever seen before.

First off I want to commend ATS and its members for, by far and large, dispersing the TRUTH. This board is one I visit daily for top news in the fields that interest me. The vast majority of the time, the topics and threads posted here are accurate with verifiable sources and thought-provoking. Very seldom do I run across posts like "hey I got this email forwarded to me today is this true?" Such threads are immediately debunked and removed. Kudos to all of you.

I would presume the vast majority of members here are conservatives or "right-wing extremists" as the media loves to call us. The MSM loves to portray us as conspiracy theorist wack-jobs and domestic terrorists. The amount of propaganda circulating through the 'net right now is the most extreme and highest volume I've ever seen. The majority of it is the same that fuels almost all falsehoods -- a tiny shred of truth, twisted by those who want to believe it means something else.

This leads me to my point. I receive alot of emails each day forwarded from friends & relatives with similar interests, with stories about everything from bogus POTUS birth certificate claims to doctored 9/11 photos. It's difficult to separate truth from fiction sometimes, especially right now since there's so much of both. The ratio of TRUE claims to FALSE ones hasn't changed, it's just that both have increased so dramatically in the last year, it's overwhelming. Folks are dragging up extremist crap from years, even decades ago and distributing it like it's today's news.

As conservatives, patriots, lovers of our country and Constitution, we must strive to distribute the TRUTH in everything we communicate. Because we do not fall in line with the sheep we must hold ourselves to a higher standard. All I ask of you is to share the TRUTH with everyone you know. If you have a friend or relative that forwards you this crap all the time, debunk it, reply back to them, or reply to all, and kindly let them know the stuff they're propagating is false. Provide sources proving its false. The media will continue to refer to us as "extremists" as long as we're distributing EXTREMELY false information.

In my inbox today, just as an example (excerpts):

JUDGEMENT DAY IS COMING -- PRAY IT GOES THROUGH

Federal Judge Carter sets Trial Date for Obama's Eligibility!

The expedited trial has been set for Jan. 26, 2010!

Many concerned veterans and citizens attended the hearing in Federal Court in Santa Ana in the lawsuit against Barack Obama to determine his eligibility to be President and Commander in Chief. About 150 people showed up, almost all in support of the lawsuit to demand that Obama release his birth certificate and other records that he has hidden from the American people.

Judge David Carter refused to hear Obama's request for dismissal........

I think we can all agree the "birther" movement is pretty much dead. Judge Carter actually DID DISMISIS this lawsuit, it will not proceed . . .

I only go to Harwin Drive to buy rhinestones when I don't have time to order in from my wholesale source. Today I went to the Harwin Central Mall to pick up some crystals.
The very first store that you come to when you walk from the lobby of the building into the shopping area has this sign posted on their door.
I couldn't stay in the building it made me so sick.
Imam Ali is one of the hijackers from the September 11 terrorist attacks

I didn't buy this one either -- no way in Texas of all states a Muslim shopowner would be willing to put up such a sign.
Imam Ali is a Muslim prophet who died on the 21st day of Ramadan over 1300 years ago, which happened to fall on September 11 this year.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I do not consider myself a conservative. Actually I am opposed to the whole divisive left/right paradigm.
But I think you have a good point. There is a lot of legitimate criticism to be made against the Obama administration, just today I read that he does not intend to keep his promise on closing Guantanamo by January, and there are several other points, such as the economy and the escalation of the war in Afganistan.
But these valid points are easily drowned out by the slew of sensationalist nonsense, such as the birther movement, death panel, accusations of Marxism etc.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   
You have some valid points, although i will personally disagree with the phrases that refer to conservatives "having to hold themselves to a higher standard". I think that society as a whole should raise their standards, but not necessarily in line with the typical conservative viewpoints.

My personal opinion is that we have all allowed our standards to drop to the level of the politicians -- when we should have been requiring them to rise to the rest of us.

I also have a difficult time understanding how people are still defending Obama. For example, this morning there is an article that mentions more than $98 Billion worth of federal funds that were dispersed to the wrong people -- i.e. fraud, fake companies, dead people, etc. In response, Obama is going to issue an executive order that will demand greater transparency and more accountability.

Ummmm...color me stupid -- but isn't that why he was elected? To do just that? A year ago? You know -- BEFORE he got his hands on more than $800 billion in stimulus funds???

It's ridiculous. People seem to be judging Obama on a curve -- using Bush as the barometer.

How people can use one of the most hated Presidents in recent history as a means to judge our current administration makes my head hurt and my blood boil.

Conservative...liberal....democrat....libertarian....patriot....I don't care what people label themselves as long as they wake the heck up!!!!.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Maybe you're right, I probably shouldn't use "conservatives" as a label here. "Truth-seekers" maybe is more accurate. I don't believe much in political/idealogical labels either. I am what I am.

But other people do use labels to describe us. Conservative, right-wing, tea-bagger, extremist, survivalist, etc. The people spouting BS get lumped into the same group as us "Truth-seekers" simply because neither of us fit into what the sheeple think is right.

My point is we need to strive for accuracy & truth in the political "hot-topics" we discuss.

new topics

top topics

join