It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Restaurant serves half fried fish - head still alive...body cooked!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Wow, that is kinda screwed up, I mean... Why do it in the first place? Does eating something still twitching make it taste better? Not in this observers opinion, I'd rather not think of my food moving upon my plate. I have a hard enough time with raw meat, still gasping food would not be appetizing.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Nicodeme

If you watch a lion take down a gazelle, the lion goes for the throat of the animal to either break the neck or suffocate the prey. They don't pin it down and rip out the innards while the gazelle writhes in agony. It's killed as quickly as possible before being eaten, so it doesn't struggle.

If you've seen quite a few of the nature shows, you'd know what you said is wrong. I've seen video of lions with the death bite on the neck of prey and other lions come up and start eating it while alive...gruesome but true. Same thing will alligators and every other predator that hunt in packs.

You should see the video of killer whales playing seals.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
It's unnecessary to eat anything in this fashion. They are doing it for entertainment. Lions don't eat the way they do because they don't have the function to eat any other way. Humans could just fry the whole fish and instead of laughing at their food while picking away at it as it is still partly alive, enjoy the meal and have a conversation over a dinner with their friends and family.

And I don't understand why people all of a sudden jump to "damn chinese/japanese/koreans" when things like this come up. I thought ATS was better than that, I thought we could focus on more of how this is HUMAN cruelty has been evolving rather than a racial or cultural cruelty.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by cenpuppie
reply to post by Nicodeme

If you watch a lion take down a gazelle, the lion goes for the throat of the animal to either break the neck or suffocate the prey. They don't pin it down and rip out the innards while the gazelle writhes in agony. It's killed as quickly as possible before being eaten, so it doesn't struggle.

If you've seen quite a few of the nature shows, you'd know what you said is wrong. I've seen video of lions with the death bite on the neck of prey and other lions come up and start eating it while alive...gruesome but true. Same thing will alligators and every other predator that hunt in packs.

You should see the video of killer whales playing seals.

Uhh, but on the one hand, We're the top of the food chain, we're intelligent (cough) We're beyond the primal instincts of lesser animals...

Yet to justify this barbarism, we compare ourselves to these animals that do not have the capacity to humanely kill their food before devouring it.

"Hey the lions eat their kill in a brutal way, so humans, being the intelligent and sophisticated creatures we are, cannot be so bad by eating a fish halv alive after cooking it!"

I can see it now, in an alternate reality where we learn how to understand the wild cats in nature, well have real life Lol Cats of the African Savannah's going

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
LETS GET REAL HERE PEOPLE!!

Okay, Jeeze ...

What you are seeing is nothing more than involuntary nervous system reactions. Ever hear stories of people in a morgue sitting up?

That fish is DEAD... It DIED when it was FRIED. The sheer shock alone would be enough to overload it's nervous system.

I've gutted fish and birds and had them "twitch" for quite a while after I was certain they were dead.

Dead to mean means that their "ghost" or "awareness" is gone.

That fish is not "feeling anything" -- it's nervous system is simply still partially intact and able to trigger involuntary muscle movements.

In JAPAN (yes this is true, read Anthony Bourdain's book "A Cook's Tour") they actually insert wire into the spinal cord of a fish, scramble it (to paralyze it and keep it alive) so that once served as shashimi (sp?) it is as fresh as possible.

Is this any worse than that? I think this is actually slightly more humane. That fish died pretty darn quick once it's lower half hit the oil.

They are laughing at the spectacle of the involuntary nervous system reaction of the dead fish.

Damn people... I eat frois gras (fattend duck liver) and feel no remorse. I kill birds and have to "find them" after they are shot but not dead and sometimes it can take up to 20 minutes (in thick brush). Then I break their necks.

I am a white, American male and I would actually look forward to a creative presentation such as that.

Because I KNOW IT IS ALREADY DEAD!

The level of ignorance and true knowledge about food prep/animals/simple biology makes me sick on here.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

You lost all credibility when you claimed to want to present a dish like that.

In other words, you like the idea of eating something that still has the appearance of life.

And regardless, can you tell anyone WHY this is a good thing? Other than to satisfy a sickness?

meh...

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
The idea behind this video is that the fresher the sushi the better. If you receive sushi that is still moving, via muscle twitches and so forth, that is perceived to be the freshest possible sushi you can eat.

This video is showing chefs preparing fish/sushi as fast as possible, in order to provide the diner with a fish that still is twitching. This assures the person buying the food that it was prepared as fast and fresh as possible.

www.youtube.com...

That video also shows this way of preparing fresh sushi.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by chillpill
reply to post by AUM68

I absolutely agree - I find it terrifying that this is effectively "culinary entertainment".

The animal cruelty on this planet is incredible - this proves to me that a culture which is economically rich, need not necessarily be kind.

And yes - it looks like we are going in the wrong direction. I am no vegetarian...but this type of act goes against all of my principles.

[edit on 18-11-2009 by chillpill]

I suggest you become a vegan. All the animals you eat suffers one way or another, just because you happen to see this and whines about it.

A typical hypocrite.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zorzenon
Wow, that is kinda screwed up, I mean... Why do it in the first place? Does eating something still twitching make it taste better? Not in this observers opinion, I'd rather not think of my food moving upon my plate. I have a hard enough time with raw meat, still gasping food would not be appetizing.

Then you eat your way and let me eat mine. Where is this tolerance we hear so much in western society hmm?

Oh, it only applies to muslims, because all ya'all are scared of decapitation live on tape.

I see how your "principles and sense of righteousness" works now.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Ha`la`tha

You honestly think I care about my credibility in your eyes?

I find it a fascinating presentation scientifically. Watching the involuntary nervous muscles of a ALREADY DEAD fish is quite creative.

They eat fish there (Asia) more so than any other substance. It's only a matter of time before things like this show up.

How about taking a fish, cutting it open (whille alive) and eating it's roe (egg) sack? Yes, people do that. Fishermen here (white/anglo) I know personally will do this on the river bank. Best Salmon Caviar ever!

Is it twisted to revel in the natural biological processes that happen when the nervous system is still able to "twitch" -- maybe so to some.

TO ME, I find it fascinating that even after death, animals (mammals and reptiles) can continue to feign (fake) life.

I'd order it.

And I'd poke at it too.

And I'd eat it as well.

Remember:
'Nothing is Forbidden, Everything is Permitted'

[edit on 18-11-2009 by MystikMushroom]

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
It's a fish.

I like salmon myself.

Now if you were to fry up a human and eat him alive we might have an issue.

[edit on 18-11-2009 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
And to add:

To those who claim that hawks and lions always go in for a swift kill...

Have you ever owned a CAT?

Have you see how cats will TORTURE injured birds/shrews/voles/mice/rats?

In my eyes, eating an ALREADY DEAD FISH WITH THE SIMPLE APPEARANCE OF IT BEING ALIVE is more "humane" than your cat torturing a creature it NEVER intends to eat.

That is a REAL example of REAL "lower circle of life" animals deriving 10X more "sadistic" pleasure from their prey.

Other animals (non-domesticated) also do the same *sigh*

I'm tired of all these PETA freakazoids... I could spew facts and references left and right all night and never satiate them.

I think I'm going to buy a lobster and slowly boil it (it tastes better that way) ... and then actually EAT IT.

Better than I can say for my cat, he just leaves the carcasses once the "life is gone" from them.

MMM those screaming lobsters (it's actually just steam, they have no capacity to scream via boiling okay?) taste delicious!

Who here that is abhorred by this video has ever had to kill/prepare their own food?

Yes, the food you eat was raised usually in very cruel enclosed spaces, and given the "cheapest" form of death.

Unless you are Vegan/Veggitarian -- you all need to button your traps for a bit and think about where your sausage, beef, eggs, chicken .. ect, ect comes from.

Now, I'll play devil's advocate -- and share an amazing video. Not only are animals capable of cruel torture, but sometimes animals can teach us compasion.

So now my critics and pundits are confused as hell about where I stand!

Nah, I'm still gonna buy that lobster...name him "Lobby" and let him roam around my apt. for a whille before I boil his arse!

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom
reply to post by Ha`la`tha

You honestly think I care about my credibility in your eyes?

Obviously not, nor your morals nor compassion. But then I don't have to live near you, so that's all good

I find it a fascinating presentation scientifically. Watching the involuntary nervous muscles of a ALREADY DEAD fish is quite creative.

Especially as they are provoked into moving by the prodding of the chop-stick!

But I prefer my scientific experiments are in the lab, not the kitchen.

You know I've seen certain cultures boil puppies alive. No I don't find that fascinating either...

I've seen some cultures use a blow torch on a cat to remove it's fur.

Why? Are we that depraved that we must inflict pain in order to satisfy our nutritional requirements?

You say the fish is dead, and it's nervous system is all thats kicking in. Perhaps. I've seen someone's throat cut and the wheezing and gurgling could be attributed to the same involuntary spasms. Does NOT make it a groovy thing to do.

They eat fish there (Asia) more so than any other substance. It's only a matter of time before things like this show up.

Like I said previously, I saw this form of culinary delicacy over 20 years ago on a tv show.

It's never been something I aspire to recreate.

I also don't go about using bolt guns to mutilate cows prior to dissecting them into cuts. I would happily forgo any store bought animal products, if I had the option to humanely kill my own meat.

This is nothing but a sickness to me, nothing to do with fresh sushi. Sushi is not COOKED (in reference to the other poster).

How about taking a fish, cutting it open (whille alive) and eating it's roe (egg) sack? Yes, people do that. Fishermen here (white/anglo) I know personally will do this on the river bank. Best Salmon Caviar ever!

Personally, I find roe disgusting.

But you're justifying something because someone else does it. Non sequiter.

I may aswell go claim compo for a hurt back, because someone else did it once, and got thousands. They did it, so therefore I should be able to. Doesn't matter if it's right or wrong.

Is it twisted to revel in the natural biological processes that happen when the nervous system is still able to "twitch" -- maybe so to some.

TO ME, I find it fascinating that even after death, animals (mammals and reptiles) can continue to feign (fake) life.

I'd order it.

And I'd poke at it too.

And I'd eat it as well.

Not cool. Sick.

Me, I'll continue to thank my luck I am fortunate enough to have food. I certainly will never revel in the fact it's still trying to breath as I eat it.

That's where psychopathic tendencies arise from, in my honest and personal opinion.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
"Me, I'll continue to thank my luck I am fortunate enough to have food. I certainly will never revel in the fact it's still trying to breath as I eat it."

Ever wonder where that food came from? Ever seen the videos of chicken processing factories? Ever heard the stories of workers sodomizing the chickens prior to them being killed and them processed for *US* to eat?

And these types of things happen INSIDE the USA

Unless you live on wheat grass and beans/rice ... you really have no moral stand. What we eat is treated/killed in a more cruel way than this video.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by WishForWings
This reinforces the fact that Japanese people don't have soul's.

Atleast it's not a whale this time...

I hope that's a joke?

Also the OP story is said to be in Korea.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Sounds like Mandarin in the video, so it's China or Taiwan, most likely.

My wife has a soul, and so do all the other Japanese I know. I, on the other hand, do not have a soul.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Who here that is abhorred by this video has ever had to kill/prepare their own food?

You'll find that most who kill their own food on here, do so in as humanely as possible a manner, with respect to the animal.

Not for giggles as it writhes in agony under their boots.

At least from those I've read in the survival threads.

Cannot account for the sadists who may pop up once in a while.

Personally, I believe we should ALL be made to kill our own meat. Every single family who eats it, should be given a live animal to slaughter.

Much more respect for it then, than just seeing a wrapped up steak in the shops. People who can torture an animal prior to consuming it, have problems and are likely the sort of people who do not intend to consume it anyway.

Zippo cat anyone?

Yes, the food you eat was raised usually in very cruel enclosed spaces, and given the "cheapest" form of death.

So that makes it OK to continue to do it on every level? How is that logical?

"You eat caged chooks whos beaks are cut off!!! That means I can eat my fish still breathing!!"

I don't get it.

I do get your point, but just not your logic in this context.

People are hypocrites. Most of them argue along the lines "Hmmm meat yummy, screw the animals!!! I want a steak NOW!!" and ignore the actual argument.

I made a choice years ago never to eat anything related to pigs. I have respect for family dogs and pigs are smarter than they are, yet treated as nothing more than a commodity. Humans are actually disgusting to me.

The level of abhorrent ignorance and blatant arrogance we hold over every single aspect of this planet, never ceases to amaze me.

I would slaughter my own cattle had I the option. I don't. Living in a place with no resources for it, I either don't eat meat (And I'm not a hypocrite, I love meat) or I call for change in the process in which it is mass produced.

But then we encounter this sort of argument, and brick wall opinion. To be met with...

Unless you are Vegan/Veggitarian -- you all need to button your traps for a bit and think about where your sausage, beef, eggs, chicken .. ect, ect comes from.

Well there's the crux. With so many people advocating it's all good and fun to eat tortured things, WHAT HOPE DO WE HAVE? the voiceless few who are not Peta advocates, and who would prefer things change?

None. Cheers!

Now, I'll play devil's advocate -- and share an amazing video. Not only are animals capable of cruel torture, but sometimes animals can teach us compasion.

So now my critics and pundits are confused as hell about where I stand!

Nah, I'm still gonna buy that lobster...name him "Lobby" and let him roam around my apt. for a whille before I boil his arse!

Starting to sound a bit kinky there, we should stick to things we intend to eat, .. Ohh I see what you mean !!

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   

"Me, I'll continue to thank my luck I am fortunate enough to have food. I certainly will never revel in the fact it's still trying to breath as I eat it."

Ever wonder where that food came from? Ever seen the videos of chicken processing factories? Ever heard the stories of workers sodomizing the chickens prior to them being killed and them processed for *US* to eat?

Lol, no I've never thought about it... Don't they come from the amazing flying spaghetti monster in his bag of meat products?

OF COURSE I know where it comes from.

All explained in my other post.

And these types of things happen INSIDE the USA

Unless you live on wheat grass and beans/rice ... you really have no moral stand. What we eat is treated/killed in a more cruel way than this video.

Oh but I do, you see, you advocate it. I deny it. I want this to stop. I want slaughter houses to kill the animals we consume in a humane manner.

You use the way they do it, to justify MORE barbaric ways to eat things.

And Wheat grass tastes like ... grass.

beans/rice, some mushies, pasta, etc.. I've lived on worse.

[edit on 18/11/2009 by Ha`la`tha]

THE EARTH MOVED!!! No wait, it was just the thread... oO

Double Ewe Tee Eff?

[edit on 18/11/2009 by Ha`la`tha]

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join