It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Physics Professor 'convinced ETs exist'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   
This is pretty cool IMO...Another physicist willing to go out on a limb and encourage taking the subject quite seriously. Not to mention admit he has SEEN a UFO directly!

"I am convinced, because I am a physicist and an astronomer," he says at one point, possibly replying to the question about how a man of science (he teaches Physics at Yunnan University) can entertain ideas about aliens. "I am convinced that extraterrestrials exist."

Full Article:

shanghaiist.com...

Video of interview:

www.gokunming.com...

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Just another credible person going out on the aliens exsist limb i like it just need disclosure from some of our major governments now. Wouldn't hold my breath though

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Space Aliens, Temporal Aliens, or Dimensional Aliens

Whatever they are I am so damn ready for disclosure, even though it might be riddled with lies. It's the first step.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Just another news article that will make peoples mouth water for disclosure a little more.

Who really cares who he is, or what he says.

In the end it won't make a difference anyway.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I don't see how this is groundbreaking or even newsworthy. Plenty of Western scientists are convinced aliens exist. Perhaps you've heard of SETI?

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   
BEHAVE...YOU can't handle disclosure...!!!

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

But this is about the intelligent ones in UFOs.

SETI doesn't believe that we have been visited.

Things are continuing to build. My feeling is that the world gets more and more ready for disclosure every week.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex
I don't see how this is groundbreaking or even newsworthy. Plenty of Western scientists are convinced aliens exist. Perhaps you've heard of SETI?
Did you read the article? It's about UFOs, truly weird how you 'missed' that.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I applaud this man of science for the bravery to come forward and state the obvious.

Believe me,we don't want the governments to do a 'full disclosure' on ufo's
that sounds good until you think about it,the government never admits anything until it is already years too late.(all governments,not just the u.s.)

if the government tells us alien life exists it would only be to warn us that we are about to be eaten by them or something along those lines.

beyond that we will only find out when an alien stops at a wal-mart for a gasket or something that isn't aware they're supposed to be a secret.
oops! my bad!

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric
Space Aliens, Temporal Aliens, or Dimensional Aliens

Whatever they are I am so damn ready for disclosure, even though it might be riddled with lies. It's the first step.

Exactly... It's not even really a matter of question weather or not there's an Alien/ UFO cover up by the governments. It's a question of why and when are they going to stop trying to hide something that the majority of society has already accepted as being real.

I tend to agree that I feel some type of disclosure is coming regarding ET technology but I boubt it's going to be a "We're sorry we've lied to the citizens of the world for the past 60 years so now we're letting everything out of the bag" type deal.
If anything, we will probably be told very little other than the fact they they are real w.out releasing to much info or ANY new technology so that they can keep playing thier secret games.

Now , I hope that i am 100% wrong and the govnt really does have a backbone and they've only kept us in the dark for the sake of humanity (which I very highly doubt) and they have come to thier sences that they need to reveal alien technology or free energy so that we will have a future on this planet and the only way to do that is to confirm that aliens are real and we have thier technology and BAM.... Here it is for the world to use....

Yeah F**King Right!! I wont hold my breath.

[edit on 18-11-2009 by ls1cameric]

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by jclmavg

Did you read the article?

He never said anything about believing aliens were here.

There is a huge difference between believing they are here and believing they exist.

Also, UFO does not equal aliens. It means the object is unidentified.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Did you? Perhaps you should re-read the article. It contains only one quote from Dr. Zhang, that being he believes there are extraterrestrials. And the article couldn't even tell us why he was saying that, just that is what kind of question he was possibly replying to.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Its cool to see more and mroe scientists/astronomers going public with their belief in E.T.'s, however i do not find it groundbreaking or newsworthy either. If anything, i would much rather hear it coming from someone within the government or any space agency bc they have a lot more to lose. Quite an eye opener when u hear it coming from former astronauts and ppl of that level.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by C.H.U.D.

Did you read the article?

He never said anything about believing aliens were here.

There is a huge difference between believing they are here and believing they exist.
Apparently you did not click on any of the links either.
Here's a quote from the second article:

"addition to trying to bring attention to UFO sightings in China and around the world, Zhang, 62, is also a professor of physics at Yunnan University. He told Beijing-based Global Times that he thinks aliens are presently living in Yunnan, Heilongjiang and Xinjiang Uighur Autonomous Region.

"I believe they are nice and they have no intention of attacking us," he told Global Times.

"Perhaps they are shape-shifters camouflaged as human beings or they have manufactured human-like robots to watch us," he added."

Sorry, but you seriously seem to have a reading comprehension problem. Same goes for DoomsdayRex. What is with you people? Too lazy to read a bit of text? Sheesh.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

thanks for sharing this DimensionalDetective,

some very interesting statements he made and i think the one thing in the article that stood out the most for me was this...

At least he has the support of his family (a wife and son), who seem just as convinced as he is that the truth is out there. They even recount how all of them witnessed a UFO together.
shanghaiist.com...

in my opinion that is why he has a firm belief in E.T. and i suspect that if he and his family had not witnessed the sighting they did , he would have a different take on things.

the bottom line is , most skeptics are skeptics because they just haven't seen it with their own eyes. if it was not for me witnessing what i did , then i might also be a raving skeptic . what can we learn from this is the question ?

thanks again, S&F earlier when you first posted this

[edit on 18-11-2009 by easynow]

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
There is no such thing as time. Everything is occurring at once. We oscillate so slowly, that we perceive this as linear time by our own arbitrary tagging of it because of our failure otherwise to comprehend that everything is happening right now, in a continuous now.

look up in the sky, that star that went supernova 13 billion years ago is right there, going super nova now. Only a small clue.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by djusdjus

HA! let me see u tell a mayan that.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   

I don't think anybody at SETI believes the UFO hypothesis, which is an important distinction. This guy thinks the UFO hypothesis (that there is ongoing visitation) is worth looking into. Quite different from SETI's perspective.

-rrr

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Wow, so another human being on the planet believes there are aliens driving around in our skies...pardon my lack of enthusiasm. Oh wait, he is special because he is a scientist? I didn't know that made you special when it comes to this subject. Scientist, pilots...astronomers..policemen, idiot politicians...they are all humans first, and given to the same thoughts and feelings the rest of us are.

I think it is funny that the same people that get all hyper about a scientist making it easier for them to hold onto their alien belief system are the same ones responsible for the environment where their scientist "heroes" can't be taken seriously due to the laughable nature of this subject. They don't get it and they never will.

Remove the giggle factor and then maybe we can move forward...but continue to uphold the stereotype we have been saddled with and scientist like this guy are wasting their breath.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Did you? Perhaps you should re-read the article. It contains only one quote from Dr. Zhang, that being he believes there are extraterrestrials. And the article couldn't even tell us why he was saying that, just that is what kind of question he was possibly replying to.

You should watch the interview then.

-rrr

new topics

<<   2  3 >>

join