It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin attacks Obama Economic Plan As .......

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

My apologies to you and Mrs. Palin. I was just trying to convey my respect and admiration for her. I really hope to see her win.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

and now you see what i mean. he's/she's on your side, hun, and not a palin supporter; definitely being facetious. first he/she categorized palin as a sex object (the tingle went up my leg!).
then he made reference to her in conjunction with june cleaver, a sure insult to most modern women. and to top it off, we have the nice shopping trip for the pretty outfits, like the only thing sarah could possibly think about seriously, is a shopping trip. this is misogyny of the worst kind. and it's aimed at making women very mad at sarah palin.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by HotSauce

Apology accepted. Good luck with your endeavors.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Yes, I read the posts, and commented on them.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
reply to post by Drexl

are you a christian? cause if not, how would you know whether she's a christian or not? this is just more crap. crap crap and more crap. just stop already. you know as well as i do, they aren't going to let a woman in the white house. do not use this opportunity to further humiliate millions of women. jump off.

I think they would let a woman in the White House , it could have easily been Clinton there now . If Obama wasn't already president , you'd have said they'd never allow a black man in the white house either . If Palin wants to put herself up for ridicule , it is only right that people are allowed to take advantage of that situation . You cannot pick and choose based on ethnicity or gender wether they should or should not be a recipient of such attention , it is based on their choices of profession . If she chose not to be highlighted for fun and ridicule , she should have chosen a career that was not in the public eye , where her short comings were not so evident . Like maybe a librarian . If she chooses public office career , she has to take whats coming , especially in light of her unique and acute brand of obtuseness.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
What makes anyone think that the non-Palin fans fear her? That they insult her? Now that's interesting logic. I insulted Bush constantly. I wasn't afraid of him, I just thought he was a warmonger idiot. I insult the twilight series. Do I fear it? No. I just hate it. I think it's incredibly stupid. Anything on Disney channel is sure to get an insult from me. Fear? Nope. Just disgust at what children have available to watch these days.

I insult Limbaugh, Palin, Beck, O'Reilly, Bush, Steele, Olberman, Scarborough, Obama, Pelosi, Clinton (both of them), and many others. By Palin worshipers logic, that must mean I fear them all a great deal!... but in the real world, It just means I don't like them. Enjoy the delusions, I'm sorry you can't properly cope with reality. That people can disagree with you and not be complete idiots, sheeple, or mindless servants. That people can disagree with you and still be calm and logical, avoiding shouting matches and throwing objects. Whatever you need to tell yourself at night to help you sleep. More power to you.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Drexl

ahh but you missed the point that both women were defeated the first go around, and the rhetoric used to defeat them was so horrifying to me, i was ashamed to be a woman and it's actually getting worse now. you should've seen the anti-hillary stuff. good lord. it was so offensive and it wasn't just coming from republicans but from democrats too. i realize she had some baggage but i don't think any woman would be without baggage capable of being manipulated into some horrible series of insults. it's too easy to make women look bad these days, especially with so many angry men out there, who've been abused by the court system over custody battles, alimony and falsified sexual abuse cases.

it's no use.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by DemonicAngelZero
What makes anyone think that the non-Palin fans fear her? That they insult her? Now that's interesting logic. I insulted Bush constantly. I wasn't afraid of him, I just thought he was a warmonger idiot. I insult the twilight series. Do I fear it? No. I just hate it. I think it's incredibly stupid. Anything on Disney channel is sure to get an insult from me. Fear? Nope. Just disgust at what children have available to watch these days.

I insult Limbaugh, Palin, Beck, O'Reilly, Bush, Steele, Olberman, Scarborough, Obama, Pelosi, Clinton (both of them), and many others. By Palin worshipers logic, that must mean I fear them all a great deal!... but in the real world, It just means I don't like them. Enjoy the delusions, I'm sorry you can't properly cope with reality. That people can disagree with you and not be complete idiots, sheeple, or mindless servants. That people can disagree with you and still be calm and logical, avoiding shouting matches and throwing objects. Whatever you need to tell yourself at night to help you sleep. More power to you.

Don't you see? You are quakin' in your boots buddy. I can smell your stench of fear emanating from my display. You just can't handle it, Palin has won. YOU LOSE! Don't make me talk about how hot she is and how ugly Pelosi is, we've already been down that road!

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I don't think it was because she was a woman . It is dog eat dog and she gave it back and played on obama's ethnicity too . It wasn't anywhere near as bad as John Quincy Adams and Jackson , back in the early 1800's . They really tore strips off each other then .

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Drexl

keep telling yourself that and one day when there's a really great female democratic candidate, you'll see what i mean..........again.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   

penn tells hillary joke that apparently even he was surpised at the response.

um guys? don't be surprised. it's not going to change anytime soon.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
undo, I can see how it looks but I think if the right female candidate came along, someone that was on another level than the others (not that Palin is on any level to begin with) but the right person -emphasis on person... I think they could win. Personally I would like to see a non-politician run for President. There are at least 50 men AND women on this site www.ted.com... that I would vote for.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by reasonable

nope, not gonna happen. if she's an intelligent person, a good mom and wife, she'll be crucified for something else. it won't matter. they'll find something. ANYTHING! you would be surprised how easy it is to dig up dirt on people who otherwise would seem to be squeaky clean. it can be insinuated. it can be subtly hinted at, and the men all get it. a sort of "ya know" nudge, nudge.

not saying sarah's squeaky clean, but i found it interesting when lettermen interviewed alec baldwin about his meeting with sarah. note that he has several nice things to say about her and then we get to the crux of it. what was his big concern about sarah? the nuclear button.

apparently, a woman can't be trusted with "the nuclear button".

take into consideration that the woman must be from a major city in a big state, preferably close enough to inner city issues that she knows what issues are important for metropolitan centers of the USA. otherwise she's scary and out of touch with reality, which apparently is only found in major cities.

and she must be well versed in international politics. she must never say anything that can be construed to be poorly stated or air-headed because even if it was never meant to be that way, it will invariably be construed that way no matter what
www.youtube.com...

she must not be pretty or ugly. she must not be too feminine or not feminine enough. she must be christian but not christian (that's a real head scratcher ... obama's christian. palin's christian. but palin's christianity is a source of derisiion whereas obama's christianity served to help him get elected.........? ? ?)

she must know all things political, at all times, and be above reproach. no major groups should have anything negative to say about her and her lobbyists must be acceptable to both parties.

it's also possible she may have to be the appropriate color as some colors of skin appear to be sources of derision these days.

so in addition to being above reproach or at least markedly less corrupt than her opponent, she must also be religiously and ethnically envogue..some of which of course, is contingent on other factors, like political platform, special interest groups, and her level of education.

her past back to several generations, must be all american but too american. if her grandfather fought in WW2, this could be a problem. so any mention of any military heroes in her family history is best hidden from view, just in case it can be used to suggest she's from a long line of war mongers and the miilitary-industrial complex bigwigs. likewise, no other members of her family should have served in korea, vietnam and especially not in iraq.

her clothes must be impeccable but not costly. if someone notices she's cheaply dressed, it could be a problem but not nearly as detrimental as the alternative of being a "clothes hound". even if most of the political world is decked to the teeth in expensive clothes, a woman candidate must not be. she should realize that men are inherently disgusted with women and shopping and this will be reflected in their attitude concerning her attire.

her home must be modest but not too modest. if it's too modest, she'll be accused of living in a hovel and being a redneck. if it's too grandiose, she'll be accused of being a spoiled rich american woman, who probably hasn't suffered a day in her life. however, if she's suffered, apparently she has done something wrong and can't be trusted to run the country.

i could go on and on and on.

there's NO WAY a woman of any quality, will make it to the white house. the ideals set for women are unrealistically high and they are never going to come back down. and women are just as hard on each other as men are on women, so that's not gonna help either. no chance. nottachance

[edit on 19-11-2009 by undo]

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
reply to post by RoyalCanadian

stuff it. that's enough. we don't need to hear anymore about sarah palin being dumb. it's already been said like a kajillion times and your version is not going to add anymore weight to it other than to yet further embarrass women who have to endure the insults hurled at palin every 2 seconds. just quit already. go find some other dead horse to kick around

So when people insult Obama its a direct attack on Christian men in America? I don't get it.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
this woman's article in the "INDEPENDENT WOMEN'S FORUM" is revealing

This wasn't an easy campaign. Even before she joined Senator McCain in this presidential campaign, Governor Palin had demonstrated that she was an accomplished politician: she defeated the incumbent governor in her state's primary and a former governor in the general election. Her knowledge of international affairs might be limited, but she beat Alaska's political establishment, learned the intricacies of the state's dominant energy industry, and put her stamp on state government-all the while caring for a husband and five children.

Her evident tenacity served her well. Before the election, she acknowledged to Good Morning America's Elizabeth Vargas that "the constant barrage, a kind of spin on my record or my positions" could "change someone's perceptions" and was the likely reason her support among women fell about 40 percent.

There were bountiful substantive issues dividing the candidates, all of which warranted a thorough and even tough debate. But some of the attacks on Governor Palin were blatantly sexist cheap shots-questions about how she could be both mother and vice president, for instance. Some of her angriest critics were vicious and vulgar, substituting profanity for argument. Many of these attacks came from many so-called feminists.

www.iwf.org...

what that basically says to me is, no republican woman will make it in because her biggest support groups would have to be groups like feminists, which traditionally are democratic. and republican men are not likely to fill the gap created by the lack of feminist support anymore than democratic men filled the support group for hillary. may i remind you that penn used the phrase "white _________" to refer to hillary, not only assuring white women will invariably be looked upon in a negative light in political campaigns, but also from either political party.

oh and here's an example of how the US stacks up against other nations, world-wide:

Since the year 1870 approximately 303 women (world-wide) have run for the presidency or head of state of their countries. 43 have won their elections. During that time frame the following women have run for POTUS. Thus far, none have even made it to the national ticket. Only Geraldine Farerro and Sarah Palin have made it to a national ticket, as VP’s. When you consider the rest of the world, the United States is far, far behind the curve when it comes to women running for the head of state – and winning.

(interesting article)
thepinkflamingo.blogharbor.com...

the usa is a melting pot of the world, so what you have is several different versions of patriarchal societies all melding together and their votes and political pressures, lobbyist groups and so on, will reflect this. i mean, what can you expect from a planet where female children and female unborns are still being killed off by the millions simply because they are female?

women are historically and still the singlemost prejudiced against group on the planet and it isn't likely to change any time soon.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Syphon

yep, well to be more precise, he's being criticized for several things now, such as policies but his big hurdle was his skin color. his religion was not an issue because it's okay to be christian and democratic, but it's not okay to be christian and republican. and to be christian, republican and female?

sorry

[edit on 19-11-2009 by undo]

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

So basically Palin has no right to criticize Obama's economic plan?
What is the reason behind that logic?

So, nobody has the right to criticize Palin for criticizing Obama? What is the reason behind that logic?

when you peel back the pretty, shooty layers of the Palin onion, there's no onion. It's just a conservative boiler plate mad lib: 'Freedom is good and taxes are--ooh I need an adjective--how about, I don't know, silly?' And the worst part it's a mad lib delivered as though it were the hard-earned wisdom of a life well lived

-Jon Stewart

Ahh. the truth has such a beautiful chime to it

[edit on 19-11-2009 by Snarf]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join