It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin says yes to 2012 presidential run, ‘if the people will have me’

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
rawstory.com...

Sarah Palin dropped a heavy hint Tuesday that she might seek to run for the White House in 2012 as champion of America's Republican right.

Speaking to ABC television's Barbara Walters, the former running mate in John McCain's failed 2008 presidential bid gave every appearance of releasing a trial balloon.

"That certainly isn't on my radar screen right now, but when you consider some of the ordinary-turning-into-extraordinary events that have happened in my life, I am not one to predict what will happen in a few years," she said.

She stated her desire was to "help our country." Then, asked if she would play a "major" role in the 2012 presidential election, she answered: "If the people will have me, I will."

So let the games begin. I hope ex. Gov. Palin does run for the WH. Her last campaign was one of the most entertaining spectacles politically I have ever seen and there is no reason for this one to be any different. Run Sarah Run.

However I seriously doubt if the GOP will nominate her. But a third party with Sarah at the helm would be more fun than a barrel of monkeys.
American politics has become nothing more than a spectator sport. We might as well enjoy it because it has about as much relevance to the average citizen as the WWF.

[edit on 17-11-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
To be honest, McCain was the one dragging her down in the 2008 election. The guy didn't know how to run a campaign - a fact that was proven each week the Obama campaign came up with something new and innovative. The only thing innovative McCain did was choose Palin. She turned out to be not as smart as people liked, but you've got to give her credit for one thing - she will call it exactly the way it is instead of doing the stupid politically correct snowjob dance. I do admire her for that and her persistence.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
but you've got to give her credit for one thing - she will call it exactly the way it is instead of doing the stupid politically correct snowjob dance.

But wouldn't it be nice if she told the truth?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

its hard for an public figure to be anything greater than a spectacle when the media is incapable of conducting themselves in any kind of adult discussion about him/her.

i don't think palin will go third party. i'm scared lou dobbs will though.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
she will call it exactly the way it is instead of doing the stupid politically correct snowjob dance. I do admire her for that and her persistence.

She wasn't calling it the way it is, she was just plain incompetent and it came off like she was 'honest'. This is evidenced by her constant mix of lies.. when she's on her game she lies.. when she's struggling her brain can't function and just 'calls it like it is'.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Shameless plug time:

Sarah Palin - a prediction

I do believe I called one right.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

Perhaps so Mr. R.

But when the GOP decides to float the candidates out there for all to see "there will be blood" with many spilled milkshakes and ugly revelations. The world has profoundly changed with the www. and secrets are hard to keep.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
The media bias is going to backfire on the next election. It already is as polls showing most people consider themselves Conservative and would not vote for the current Democrat incumbant.

And also AP Turns Heads for Devoting 11 Reporters to Palin Book 'Fact Check'

They could be covering oh I don't know, the fact that unemployment is at an all time recent high, mortgage defaults are at an all time high, the blatant lies about jobs created or saved by the Obama administration

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
They could be covering oh I don't know, the fact that unemployment is at an all time recent high, mortgage defaults are at an all time high, the blatant lies about jobs created or saved by the Obama administration

Well they are covering those stories. I have seen your above mentioned stories in my local paper, and the MSM, TV, Radio and here on ATS.

Ex. Gov. Palin is being covered because she is out pimpin her new book and getting on every talk show that her A&R people can arrange. It's not like she doesn't bear some responsibility for the media focusing on her.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

You forget my friend that Bush did it! Obama is just trying to save us! He is a good man with nothing but the best intentions, he even paid the poor black people in Detroit money from "his secret stash."
/sarcasm off

Out entire Governmental body is full of liars, cheats, thieves and thugs. No one person will make everything better. We as the American public really need to shoulder this blame as it was us who elect and continue to elect these corrupt and vile individuals into office.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
She wouldn't get 7% of the vote.

But please, oh please! nominate her for the Republican ticket.

I beg of you ...please.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Sarah Palin has taken america over with her glasses, lol UM JUST SAYIN SHE AINT TO BRIGHT.

new topics

top topics

join