It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Officer Uses Taser On 10-Year-Old Girl

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod
How much does the average 10yr old weigh?

Aren't these police tasers designed for adults?

What if they would have stopped her 10yr old heart?

Couldn't a taser be potentially more dangerous to a child?

Sure they didn't kill her but that seems to be a risk they where willing to take to keep from getting sack tapped again. I mean seriously, a 10 year old girl is tiny. Even a heavy one is still tiny. This officer could have done a lot of things, but shooting a child with a potentially deadly weapon is wrong IMHO.

So you'd be happier if they manhandeled her or maced her? The taser was developed because its supposed to be an easier and believe it or not safer way to subdue someone. Tasers are supposed to be harmless(I know there not) but thats why cops now adays are so quick to use them it seems a whole lot more humane then slamming someone to the ground and twisting there arms behind there back.

Anyway if people knew how to discipline there child this wouldn't have hjappened.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

An adult should have enough maturity to know that a child does stupid things. She has only been alive 10 years, she hasn't even entered adolescence! The cop is a grown ASS MAN. He could deny it, but I bet you he tasered her out of anger. Do I want to be kicked in the nuts? NO. But I wouldn't cause a 10 year old little girl to be electrocuted because of it. The cop should have had the maturity and ability to apprehend her with his hands, with as little force as necessary.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
No matter what everybody says. I am sick just reading the first page of this thread. YOU DON'T HURT CHILDREN. Not as police officer, not as normal person, not as a parent. If I was the parent of the child, I'd beat the crap out of the officer. He has no place in the police force conducting himself in a less mature way then the child he hurt.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by WisdomInChains
. . .
Tasers are supposed to be harmless(I know there not) but thats why cops now adays are so quick to use them it seems a whole lot more humane then slamming someone to the ground and twisting there arms behind there back.
. . .

Tazers are officially referred to, by the manufacturers and the Police Force, as "less lethal weapons, not "non lethal weapons.

Tazers have never been harmless, and have caused many deaths.

The electrical output of tazers has been designed to be reasonably safe for healthy adults, not for little girls.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I'm wondering how a girl manages to kick a man in the balls when the man concerned obviously doesn't have any.

Btw, I'd be interested to see what medications the girl was on. I'm betting the pharmaceutical companies are partly responsible for much of the violence taking place in a America these days.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Ok. First question:

Shouldn't cops who are gonna probably be involved in physical altercations be wearing athletic supporters? The balls are the prime target, why not just protect them?

And for all the people who said "she wailed him in the groin, i would've done the same thing" Man up for f**K's sake! I've been kicked in the balls by a 6' 200 lb dude during a soccer game, and I ran after the effer and tackled him and well just scolded him.( didn't wanna get penalized right?)

This cop acted terribly childish. If he was any kind of real cop he would've talked the kid down; he would've realized the mom was a freakin' moron, and talked to the kid like a kid. Instead he was a big man who threatened a kid, then got humiliated, so he reacted childishly and shocked her. King of the playground!! What a man. A 10 year old gets the same protocol as a 25 year old man. What a police force.

And anyone who feels sympathy for this cop and how hard it can be to handle kids, America really has gotten out of shape, haven't they? "Oh but 10 year olds are capable of incredible strength and Chun Li-esque kicks to the nuts" Grow up.

One plus side, with ever increasing numbers of cops like this, the People shouldn't have much trouble toppling John Law once the Revolution comes!

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

Yeah. Much more testing should be done to make tasers safer.
Take all 10 year old daughters of police officers for testing.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Its perfectly ok to kick police officers in the nuts as long as your a ten yearold girl

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Does anyone want to hear what the mother has to say?

I am the mother of the 10 year old that was tazed. I understand the positive and negative comments that are being made. People need to know the whole story not what the news reported. Yes my daughter is 10 years and yes I have had to call the cops on her before. This is something I am not proud of having to do, but have been left no choice. I have been dealing with my daughters mental/emotional problems for the last 4 years BY MYSELF!!!! I have had her to several different doctors & therapists in the last 4 years which her father, that claims to love her so much has NEVER been involed, NEVER gone to one doctor appt. NEVER gone to the school to discuss the problems that she has had there, some say why didn't she call her father if I could control her...well I have done that and his response has been"well when you two get if figured out call me". I love my daughter and until someone has been in my shoes and sees that basic disipline doesn't work on a child that has a mood disorder shouldn't be quick to judge me.It breaks my heart that I can't control my daughter, that I have to have the police involed. The police being involed isn't a way for someone else to take care of the problem it is to keep my daughter from hurting herself or others. Until you have a child that can't control their anger and screams that she wants to die then maybe you can understand where I am coming from. I DO NOT hold the Ozark Police Department resonsible for the actions that the officer had to take that night. And yes I do work as a dispatcher/jailer and have seen people get tazed many times. The spilt second that was done to my child is NOTHING compared what a adult that is combative gets. To those of you that are supporting my decision, I thank you. And to those who are bad mouthing me, I thank you too. Because until you live my life you shouldn't judge.

Nov. 17, 2009 10:00pm CST | from kking74

Once again I am the mother of the 10 year that was tazed. And I have a question for those you who think that it is my fault that my daughter is out of control. How can I be blamed for my daughter having a mood disorder/ADHD? I have a 14 year old that is just fine. People want to blame the parents before knowing the whole story. But if anyone knows how I caused this please let me know!!

Nov. 17, 2009 10:08pm CST | from kking74

kking74
You seem to know alot about me, my name where I work. Well if you know so much about me, then you would know that I have been dealing with my daughters problems for the last 4 years by myself. And yes I do work at the jail and have seen people tazed, but the split second that was given to my daughter with the stun gun so NO comparision to what the force of being tazed with probes to an adult is!!!! I don't hold Officer Bradshaw responsible for the action he took. So until you know the whole story of mine and my daughters life I wouldn't be so quick to judge!!!!

Having raised 3 children on my own, one with Aspergers/ADHD and depression, one mentally handicapped with violent mood disorders, and one dyslexic, I know what it's like to try and try to get help and find all the help on paper is only an illusion in reality. And it's so easy for an absent father, free to carve out a respected place in society, to then cast scorn on you when you are floundering under the pressure.

So I feel for both mother and daughter. Obviously the mother doesn't have a clue if she thinks tasering a child is ok, and that poor kid is going to grow up full of anger and hatred, knowing her mother just wants to get rid of her, (which is why the police were called,) and her father is never there for her.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by MegaCurious

After kicking someone in the groin a simple taze seems like a bit light of a punishment. If she were tazed several more times only then would it be a fair punishment.

If you want to post police terrorism stories then just post a copy of the $100 ticket you get if you forget to pay a $100 annual registration and things like that... happens every single day so I wish we'd have better news on the very real fact that American police are becoming terrorists.

[edit on 18-11-2009 by truthquest]

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
A short story.

I work with at-risk youth/teens (family counseling) and have done my time in juvenile lock-down facilities, wilderness therapy programs, at-home family counseling and so on. I have been involved in restraint situations. One involved a young teen girl (seriously not bigger than 5' and 100lbs).
She tried to eat rocks and dirt to try to suffocate herself, tried to knock herself out by bashing her head against her knee, managed to kick at (and connect with) a staff member's groin, tried to slit her wrists with rocks and sticks and all while in the wilderness and hours away from any medical facility. It took 4 staff to physically keep her from hurting herself and others while I tried to calm her.

So, while I do NOT condone the use of tasers on kids, I have observed instances in which kids cannot be controlled and can be dangerous to themselves or others. It happens.

[edit on 17-11-2009 by LadySkadi]

I might suggest then at some point in time that the staff members actually receive some training on subduing a person, or at the least take a few wrestling or grappling classes.

the cop's excuse is just as lame, because they actually are trained for that usually.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by CoffinFeeder

I don't know CoffinFeeder, after getting kicked in the groin you may be too weak for the hand-to-hand moves.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
It doesn't matter what the police did, they were screwed the moment they tried to do anything. It does not matter if they had tazered, maced, pinned, cuffed, or even severly talked to that girl, there are people who are going to claim they were evil and abusive.

I dunno why police enforcement even bothers. They have a dangerous, and completely thankless job anymore. A few bad apples (which EVERY business has), and suddenly all police are wicked, cruel, merciless agents of world domination.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
The actual sad part of the story is that cops can do whatever they want with no consequences and most americans think its ok, until it effects them of course. They can and do rape and molest women constantly. Cops are allowed to taser anyone of any age for any reason, it is legally allowed in almost every state.

Cops in my city can taser pregnant women, and in fact just killed a pregnant womans baby because she was pulled over going 3 miles over the speed limit. Another cop tasered a man because his house was burning down and people were trapped inside, and the officer didnt want to rescue them so he tasered the man so he could let them die in the house.

Did you know cops can taser children if they cry? It just became legal to do so following a new case, because crying children prevent cops from "doing there jobs properly". If you die while they taser you, they aren't responsible if they say you "deserved" it. The only way to fix this is to take away there power, because they have far to much. Either that or start killing them when they act inappropriately, and it should straighten them out.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by 297GT

Originally posted by Magpie82n
child of the seventys, what would you have done if your kid "god forbid" had been tazed. I bet the pithforks would be out! If this would have happend to a adult man i would not give two f**ks.

another stupid comment...these torture devices should be banned...
Put it this way would the cop have shot the 10year old little girl if he didnt have a taser?
A taser device was solely implemented to save the officers from having to use their weapons...

Now forget about this 10year old and think of the ambulance drive who was pulled over and tazered, the man in a the stadium, the 80year old woman, the mother, he deaf guy on the toilet, there are so many cases that suggest that the tazer has superseded it's intended peramiters as in 99% of cases the police wouldn't have used their weapons for the cases where the tasers were used.

It has become an abuse of police powers and abused by lazy dirty cops...

Seriously would you want this monster to deal with your child ever...who knows your child may have a tantrum one day and this cop or ones like him may inflict his justice on her or him....Cops are not the law they are only public servants.
And dont give me the BS of there are heaps of good cops and 1 bad 1 ...bla bla....that crap doesn't cop it any more....where are all the 99% of good cops coming out and condemning the so called 1%
the 99% are as dirty for not doing so.....

I hope you don't think i agree with the cop, go and look at my last post on page 6 or 7. This cop is a scumbag and i would linch him if he did that to any junior member of my family and i would be happy to take the punishment. That's the problem no backbone left in people anymore.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Half of ATS with a little a little political correctness thrown in is why the girl got tased. The parents should have beaten his girls butt long long time ago. then someone wines "child abuse" In this situation the the cop should have restrained her, but that is physical(throwing a 10 year old to the ground and getting on top of her), but everyone who is saying why oh why did the cop tase a 10 year old, would have been saying why oh why did the cop have to physically abuse a 10 year old. the 10 year old was out of control and now she is in control. as the wise philospher, chris rock, said, "you don't start none, there won't be none" If you want to blame anyone, blame the portion of the population that thinks anything is ok, unless it is someone acting on others people improper actions. Stop blaming the effect and start blaming the cause....i will get down off my soap box now

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
She's lucky she didn't get caught in the eye with some mace or catch a quick jab, Everyone I know knows the sweet spot is a last resort to never be involved in combat unless all other means are out of the question, and he's a cop, you just don't fight them Yeah she is 10, but Tutankhamun was 9 when he became pharaoh, doesn't mean they aren't old enough to make right and wrong decisions. The police could have always done the old fashion face first slam, with the knee pushed between the shoulder blades. They need to call Cesar Milan; he can fix dogs he damn sure can fix a child. He can put on his blades, get a child leash, have her run down the sidewalk pulling Cesar wearing out all her energy. Hell, even open the door and when she tries to run outside, correct her, make her sit on the porch. Surprised she isn't going on the Sally Jesse Rafael Show for some boot camp.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ALLis0NE

I agree.Tazers were meant to use in place of a gun not in place of a physical takedown.Tazers have killed people.Tazers are lethal just not as lethal as a firearm.Tazers allow police departments to employ physically unqualified officers because now they have a takedown weapon to subdue ten year olds with.Pathetic.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kailassa
Does anyone want to hear what the mother has to say?

SNIP

I had a feeling something like this was going to come out, hence my comments at the beginning of this thread regarding this...
HOWEVER, it does not excuse the police actions (Tasering).
Everyone in the industries (mental health, police, juvenile detention, etc.) should be trained in some form of PCS (positive control system) techniques. They are often used in juvenile lockdown facilities and mental health facilities. I've used them, in tandem, with other staff members, in the past with teens.
A grown man, a cop, should have been able to use them effectively, on a 10 year old had he wanted to. This is AFTER utilizing all options with regards to de-escalation techniques.
The cop screwed up and I'm shocked that the mother would allow this given all of the other options available...

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I honestly cannot believe there are some people on here justifying using a taser against a 10 yr old. Oh he got kicked in the groin? Yeah, that hurts, but where was this officer's mindset of "to protect and serve"?? If she was THAT unruly, call for backup. Now if two, grown adult police officers cannot subdue a 10 yr old, well then they might as well give up their badges and firearms.

You people really have something wrong with you saying it's okay to shock some 10 yr old girl with 20k volts of electricity....half the reason society is going down the drain is because there are people who actually agree with this reasoning out there....it's even sadder to see some of them on ats...

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join