It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man trying to harm self shot dead

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Man trying to harm self shot dead

www.heraldsun.com.au

A MAN attempting to harm himself in suburban Sydney has died in hospital after being shot by police.
About 8.45am (AEDT) today police were called to a home on Wangee Rd at Lakemba in south-west Sydney.

"Upon arrival police found the man attempting self-harm," police said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   

"There was a confrontation between the man and police where the man was subsequently shot by attending officers."

The man was taken to Canterbury Hospital, where he later died, according to Sky News.

A crime scene has been established at the house as police from Marrickville begin an independent investigation of the shooting.

More details will probably break shortly.

Alright, it's not the biggest news story of all time, but I can't shake the irony of the headline... The cops sure as hell granted him his self harm, in a terminal way!

I just don't get it. I'll refrain from making judgments about the cops or the nature of the 'self-harm' until we have more details.

www.heraldsun.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
How ironic. The police shoot and kill a man to prevent him from committing suicide. Police work at its finest.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by tezzajw

What don't you get?

Police arrive to help the guy... the guy obviously didn't want help, and probably threatened the police.

Sounds to me like the guy had a weapon and threatened to use it against the police.

A guy willing to harm himself is most probably willing to hurt others.

Just another psycho making bad decisions.

Now I am going to watch this topic turn into a police bashing thread complete with links of other police incidents.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALLis0NE
Sounds to me like the guy had a weapon and threatened to use it against the police.

Until we know that, we don't know - do we?

It's pointless to speculate what he might have been threatening the police with.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by tezzajw

I am pretty sure we can speculate because of the way it was written.

Police don't just go and shoot people because they felt like it, they can lose their jobs doing that.

I am 100% certain the man threatened the cops with some type of weapon. That is the only reasonable scenario.

Ever herd of "suicide by cop"? It happens a lot.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ALLis0NE

Speculation is pointless. You don't know what weapon he was using, or how he was threatening to harm himself.

When I hear more about it on the local news, I'll post it here.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Suicide by cop is a suicide method in which a suicidal deliberately acts in a threatening way, with the goal of provoking a lethal response from a law enforcement officer, such as being shot to death.

en.wikipedia.org...

He got what he wanted unfortunately.

[edit on 11/17/2009 by whatukno]

top topics

join