It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Interesting Experience

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I have absolutely no clue where to put this so please move if necessary....

Anywho, I've had an interesting experience occur twice this week at work. Never happened to me before or maybe I just never noticed or maybe it's just nothing. I also don't know if this ever happened to anyone before but if plausible, it could really open up our appreciation of the wonders of the human body.

I'll try to give as much detail as possible for you to better understand. Let me add as well before I begin that the first time it happened, I didn't think nothing of it and I just written it off with some common explanation. It's when it happened a second time that it became a little harder to draw the line.

Let me began by saying that I work at a factory. Now imagine a busy factory with all it's hustle bustle ( tape guns, wrapping, belts at a near constant, loud talking). Not to mention your mere focus on your task at hand. Makes your sense of hearing very distorted. Very hard to focus on one sound unless you put your mind to it.

We have a radio at the beginning of what we call "The B isle". Loud when country is on, not so loud when anything else is on. Very annoying I might add. Anyway, I work manifest. I have a station with a partner at the OTHER side of the factory where the radio is at. However, not a big factory. I'm about 200 ft from the radio. Enough to where if there is close to no activity, I can hear the music faintly. I've tried MANY times to make out any music when we are busy, but to no avail. The closest I can get is a very rough, very distorted, split-second sound bite. Trust me. Impossible. At least that's what I thought until now.

The first time it happened, I tried to make out what song was playing per chance I got a moment away from my duty but like I said earlier, couldn't with all the noise around me. A song then popped into my head. Out of the blue and it won't go away and you have to sing it in your head. You know what I'm talking about. A minute or two later of working with the song stuck in my head, there is a brief hiatus of the noise of the factory. I can finally get to hear what's on the radio........it's the same song that popped into my head just a minute earlier. I was a little freaked out but then I came to my senses and just said to myself that I had to of heard it through the noise and that's how it got into my head. I went to work as normal and that was that.

You and I both know that can't happen. There's no way I could've. I could barely hear it as is with all the noise gone. I just wish I could remember what the song was but for the life of me, I can't. Ironic isn't? And might I add that this day was a no country day.....

Now the second time is what made me interested. Same scenario. Same everything except that I remember the song this time probably because it happened today : ) It was "American Pie" by Don McLean. I can't hear what's on the radio but this song pops into my head and I start singing it. Just like last time, there's a pause in the noise and I can here the radio.....only to find out it was the this song. There's no possible way I could hear this song through my normal hearing.

Now, I'm not saying saying I have some psychic power to know what was on the radio before I could hear it. Don't believe that at all. What I'm surmising is maybe I, we, have some sort of "hyper-sensitive hearing" that would enable us to hear things we wouldn't normally hear linked through our subconscious? Such as: I could actually hear the song while not knowing it and my mind was telling me what I was wanting to hear? Or could it just be as simple as my brain sifting through all the distorted sounds and noises to "pull the radio out of the wreckage" sort to speak? Still an outstanding feat in and of itself I would think.

Please ask any questions ad I'll try to answer to the best of my knowledge but I have to admit, that's all of it me thinks....and if you have a simple explanation tell it...

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Got proof dude if you don't well I think you are a fraud

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I think you heard the song- on some level that you weren't aware of.

But then, I wasn't there.

Now if you can hear the song that's playing in this room as I type this- or you type a reply- then I'll say you're psychic.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
They probably have on one of those annoying stations that play the same songs day after day, probably off a taped loop.

Your subconcious brain has memorized the order they play all the time and now you can start singing the songs even before they start.

It happened to me at a place I worked where they played a top 40 station. They played the same 40 songe continuously and it wasn't long before I found myself singing the next song before it even started.

Radio stations are too predictable.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I love when things like this happen, and I believe you 100%. Possibly some of your other senses picked up on the music as well as the hearing you were not aware of?

All I know is that one day I was driving along, and there was a car in front of me that had a vanity plate that read, "Rhiannon." Wouldn't you know it, the song popped onto the radio just about the same time I was reading the plate!

Freaked me out a bit!

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Maybe your picking up ELF like an elephant can.

A couple of years ago I tried an experiment with my hydrophone and a fishtank. Out of curiosity as to what my Beta's were saying to eachother, I put the hydrophone into the fishtank for some eavestropping. To my suprise I picked up the local FM radio station. It was kind of cool listening to the interior sounds of the fishtank and the radio at the same time. Wonder if the fish liked it?

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
This same thing has happened to me many times. I think you got it. It happens because you don't consciously recognize the music because it is barely audible, but your subconscious does recognize it... making the song pop into your head. Then when you do hear it clearly you are like wow what a coincidence, but its really not.

There is nothing really weird about it IMO

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I believe you because it happened to me before, alot of times. actually be thinking of a song or singing it , and then get in the car to go somewhee and the song would be playing when the radio comes on. s to why I couldn`t tell you. I have "seen" things before they happen! I don`t expect all to believe me, but I`m sure others have experienced these things.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
To the first two posters, sorry that I can't show you any proof. Would if I could but it would seem rather difficult to show proof with something like this.

I'm not claiming to be pyschic like I stated in my op. I think that's just silly.

The radio does play stations and not tapes although I have to admit they do play alot of the same songs. I know that much. When I'm not at my station, I go pull orders in the b isle so I have full clarity as to what's playing. American Pie has played a couple of times before but nothing so much as to have me memorize it. Good explanation, though.

Just thought this was intriguing is all and wanted to know if anyone else experienced this which appears they have.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by jitter
I think you heard the song- on some level that you weren't aware of.

But then, I wasn't there.

Now if you can hear the song that's playing in this room as I type this- or you type a reply- then I'll say you're psychic.

To Live is to Die by Metallica? No? Didn't think so but it was the first thing to pop into my head. : )

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

No proof needed in the gray area, dude. Unless you were just being sarcastic, and if that's the case, tell me to shut the hell up. Sarcasm rocks.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
1st, my thoughts on you hearing; The song could be that being in a manufacturing location with (I am theorizing on what type here) different metallic equipment, technical equipment, that radio wave frequencies could be either repeated or recieved somehow in your area.

2nd, You can experience times when you are in a specific mood and live lifestyles a specific way where you can experience what temporarily is acute hearing; It is like a target lock on a specific sound, while there are louder sounds that are even closer by. It has something to do with your bodies biorhythms; By that I mean the skill(or training) of perceiving vibrations through the ears with the body sensing it also.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
[edit on 17-11-2009 by problemsolvr]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by problemsolvr
1st, my thoughts on you hearing; The song could be that being in a manufacturing location with (I am theorizing on what type here) different metallic equipment, technical equipment, that radio wave frequencies could be either repeated or recieved somehow in your area.

----Hmmmm there's my computer, the main belt in front of me, the label maker, postage machine, and the weight machine. Lot of euipment so I couldn't rule this out.

2nd, You can experience times when you are in a specific mood and live lifestyles a specific way where you can experience what temporarily is acute hearing; It is like a target lock on a specific sound, while there are louder sounds that are even closer by. It has something to do with your bodies biorhythms; By that I mean the skill(or training) of perceiving vibrations through the ears with the body sensing it also.

----So are you saying that because I wanted to listen to the radio so eagerly, that my mind buffered surrounding sounds so I could hear the radio more deftly?

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Chad_Thomas89

Not sure you are familliar with this thing called the sub-concious, it can hear much more than your concious ears can hear, your sub-concious takes in all the information it can, in the scenario you describe it's more than possible but happens all the time, it's not psychic at all, it's your sub-concious hearing and choosing to let your concious hear it as well, or triggers your memory of what the song sounds like, but beyond this, I do believe it is physically possible for the human brain to pick up radio signals, but that would be a rarer scenario, but not impossible.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 06:18 AM
link   

You may find your answer on Roy Taylor "Seven Thunders".

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   

No, that wasn't it. But interestingly enough I did hear to "To Live Is To Fly" by the Cowboy Junkies a couple days ago.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chad_Thomas89

I'm not claiming to be pyschic like I stated in my op. I think that's just silly.

I never meant what you said to be a something psychic. Sheeesh, but you know you had to be rude somehow in your post to get some sort of answer you would agree with. How do you know you aren't psychic, anyway?

What I was getting at, was the COINCIDENCE aspect of your post. Possibly what you are experiencing is a coincidence. Nothing more, or less. It is what it is.

You will learn later on in life that things out of the ordinary, just happen. Things you would consider odd, but, there they are.

For instance, I am married to a man who shares the same birthday as my mother. His granddaugter shares a birthday with my daughter. We are both twins. I have his new last name, which is the same last name of the woman who married my ex-husband. (We haven't spoken in years, and live thousands of miles apart)

I call these things awakenings though, because what are the odds, really?
Something is speaking to me, don't know what, though.

As another poster mentioned, it is probably just your subconcious picking up on the music, while what you consider audible blocks it out.

Go ahead and put yourself into a box of getting an explanation that is to your liking...........someday, you will get the woooo-woooo factor. I guarantee it.

new topics

top topics

join