It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin rests her arm on the American flag! I'm calling for a formal apology.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
That is such a worthless thing to get upset about. People died for Old America, not the old American Flag.

I guess I shouldn't tell you I use one as a rug then.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by reasonable

When I saw this post I had to laugh but it appears that its for real.

You lefties have to get a grip,there is a desecration of the American flag all the time and is never even mentioned.Because she has her elbow on the flag and its not folded you are outraged????Is this the best you liberals can do to vent your hattred for Palin.Pathetic this is what happens when you have a bunch illiterates trying to run a country.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Amagnon

I'm pretty sure that MSM picks on her because it's fun & easy and people love a good train wreck. It doesn't mean that she's an awesome person. Maybe you could list some reasons why anyone should be paying here any attention at all? Aside from her trying to stay relevant so she can totally destroy any chance the GOP has in 2012.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
It is obvious that she stands for and loves the American flag and what it is, "suppose" to stand for that she makes the efforts that she does make. Can you say, "history"? Have you compared her history with Obamas"?

It reminds me of the difference between the over powered protesters, "Sara Palin" as opposed to the police, "Obama/NWO" in the G-20, "thing". Some of you Pr*c*s are the police? Or are you really that stupid? You guys need removed from America and put back into the third wold countries that hate US where you belong.

To the Muslims that don't wish to cave a womans' head in with a cement block; no offense. I care.

No consequencE..

Thank you.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

It's clear you know what you're talking about? I clarified it in my 2nd post. The leadership in their love for the human race is, "spotless"? "Don't let them look at Palin! They might learn that she is sincere!"

No consequencE..

Thank you.

[edit on 18-11-2009 by noconsequence]

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
as far as i can tell, her arm is behind it not on it, shes just standing "model like" since shes a wanna be one.

i really wish she would disappear off the map, she needs to stay away from politics, stay away from the media, stop writing books and just live a normal life.

i work in the same field as her husband, and his salary alone is more then enough for them all to live very comfortably.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
This is a pretty lame thread, imo.

When I was in the Army, I was part of the funeral detail. We'd bury soldiers, fold and present the flag (which sometimes earned a spit or a slap in the face from the widow), and head back to the base. If our group saw any American flag hanging in front of an establishment that was ragged, torn, and dirty, we'd stop and go in, and ask them to please replace it.

Have any of YOU who are complaining done this? Even once? I highly doubt it. Yet, if you look at many of the American flags hanging on flagpoles at businesses or often even in front of someone's home, it's a disgrace. Ragged, torn, frayed from wind damage, and left there. THAT is disrespectful.

But that's the world in a nutshell right now: planet of hypocrites.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   

To be honest its just a crappy flag. It doesnt stand for anything anymore. Who cares?

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   

You guys are unbelievable sometimes....
Whether or not you even have the time to care about someone who has done nothing recently but release a book, is besides the point.

As someone who has a girlfriend that makes a living having her picture taken I can attest to the fact that in any professional photo shoot, the model has no say as far as what poses and props are used. Sure, you can throw a fit and say "OHHHH NOOO! You cant expect me to pose with a flag!" Then walk off the set, but then they would spin it to the news that she threw a tantrum and abused the photographers. Its a lose lose situation for her I guess.

Ive watched many photo shoots, they rush you through at least a hundred pictures, posing every which way, smiling in different directions, changing lighting, they have people running in and out putting in props and taking them out. Its a whirlwind of activity, and the model has to focus and just look happy after an hour of faking a smile.

Please, you guys are making it sound like they surprised her in her own home and she happened to have a US flag as a table cloth!!!

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Are you all kidding about this? If you compare Sarah Palin to our other national figures, there is little to complain about her and her respect for our troops or our flag. Period... this thread is nothing but an attempt by those of you on the left to divert attention from the Obama(ites) who are truly hurting our troops by not sending additional forces to the middle east so we can end this war on "our" terms. Sarah Palin has done nothing but show her support for our fighting men, and she has done nothing but show her patriotism in deed and words. This is a sad desparate attack against someone who could very well dethrone the mighty Obama in 2012. It was a photo taken for a running publication, Newsweek shamelessly used this photo with the caption of "How do you solve a problem like Sarah?" as an attempt to delegitimize her standing on the national political scene, and it probably wont work. Hilliary Clinton held similar poll numbers as Sarah does now, and yet Hilliary nearly won the Democratic Nomination last year. It will be interesting what we are all going to be saying 12 months from now about Sarah. I highly doubt this picture will be in our minds then.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I think the real discussion should be how smokin' Palin was looking in that photo shoot.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
ATTENTION NEOCONS:

Welcome to Earth. We have a concept commonly referred to as sarcasm. To human beings, it is easily recognizable. Here we have a ironic critique of a Sarah Palin photograph used to illustrate Fox News' sensationalist tactics. Unfortunately, the OP failed to take into account that so many visitors from another world were active users of this forum. The OP did not realize that the same people who fall for Fox News' shameless attacks would have great difficulty recognizing the humor of this post. After all, if you cannot recognize blatant propaganda spewing 24/7 on cable, then it's likely you have no idea what the word "irony" means.

From this day forward, we shall put obvious warnings written in simple English to indicate sarcasm. Unlike DIGG, this website has no bury option like it should. If the Neocons are still confused, we will be hosting a live video seminar next week on advanced usage of the English language and a vocabulary building workshop. Please have your phonics worksheets completed or you will not get a gold star on your progress chart.

One day you neocons will grow up to be well-educated liberals. Until then, you are expected to call all liberals stupid while simultaneously complaining that colleges and universities are full of liberals. You must also emphasize a strong commitment to the constitution but only when its requirements do not benefit someone you don't like, such as criminals who have been convicted by the media prior to a trial. Please continue to assert that you are not racist and have many black friends, but that the first Black President is an illegal immigrant that has fooled everyone except you. Finally, go to church on Sunday to learn about a charitable guy named Jesus and wear a WWJD bracelet, but condemn health care reform because you should not have to pay taxes to prevent a poor person from dying as a result of having insufficient or nonexistent health insurance. After all, the Bible said that Jesus hated poor people and had no interest whatsoever in healing the sick.

[edit on 18-11-2009 by andrewh7]

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
So what is the, "evil infidel" Sarah Palins' alternate motive here? Oh-She doesnt want her/others child/ren under some Nazi death threat.

tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com...

www.runnersworld.com...

Woops! I'm forgetting, "MSM is God, and you're not suppose to think for yourselves!" Never mind then.

Edit to add: My health insurance allways worked until Obama took office. What gives?

No consequencE..

Thank you.

[edit on 18-11-2009 by noconsequence]

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by noconsequence

The motive here is that she, just like Rep Bachman, want nothing more to stop any chance of a liberal-driven health care reform bill to pass. It's partisan politics designed to get people like you to stand behind a polarizing issue. Ever wonder why Roe V Wade never got overturned? Because polarized camps need big issues for people to get behind. They need a banner to rally around. They don't ever want to be without one.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by noconsequence

The "Death Panel" propaganda has already been proven false months ago.

As far as your "health insurance allways worked until Obama took office. What gives?".

Your insurance company is crap. That's "what gives". The new healthcare bill has not been passed into law; so any changes to your coverage rest solely on the shoulders of the company you do business with. If you don't like their service, then switch companies and stop crying about Obama. There's plenty of valid reasons not to like him without the need to resort to lies and false claims.

[edit on 11/18/09 by redmage]

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Palin on an American flag...big deal.

I think I've stepped on a little American Flag before. Nobody cared.

But if my theory on this photo op is true, then I think we're going to see start seeing a lot more of Palin in the near future. And that's a good thing IMO.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lasheic

So what? Does it really matter that she rested her arm on the American flag? You know Borat/Sasha wore a flag as a shirt. I've seen a number of tea baggers over the last few months wear similar shirts.

One of the reasons to not take this bunch seriously. They can pound themselves in the chest as true patriots and what not, but not knowing the US Flag Code betrays dimwits uneducated in their own country's symbols and rules pertaining to same.

As for dear Sarah... Yes, she's somewhat of a comical figure of approximately same standing as Borat, with about equal amount of political savvy. Thanks for pointing this out. As such, she's totally exempt from any consequence of her violating the US Flag Code. You don't prosecute clowns.

[edit on 18-11-2009 by buddhasystem]

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Wow, I thought this thread was BLATANTLY obvious post on sarcasm & satire. To be honest I find it quite frightening that it has been taken seriously by so many right wingers. What was once a satirical post has transcended to a whole other issue.. If a sarcastic & satirical post can not even be detected by these people then WHAT ELSE ARE THEY MISSING? I would have to say A LOT! Truly frightening and thought provoking. This country is in big trouble as proven by this very thread.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Just wanted to add my 2 cents on this

If this was a picture of Obama doing the same thing (hopefully with different clothes on, lol) then this thread would still exist. Except the liberals would be defending and the conservatives would be outraged.

You all know this is true, and it is a testament to idiocy that both democrats and republicans posses.

That said...

It is disrespectful to the flag. I have more respect for my Texas flag than the American flag is receiving in that photo.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join