It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin rests her arm on the American flag! I'm calling for a formal apology.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whine Flu
Goddamnit, (some of) you Americans can get so uptight over the silliest of things sometimes.

Please dismiss this comment if the thread was just a lighthearted one, but if this is serious, then this is just concerning. The world's going to hell in a handbasket and you can only feel outraged by a dimwit politician resting their arm on American flag.

[edit on 17-11-2009 by Whine Flu]

As a fellow Kiwi I too find it odd that people get upset about a bit of fabric, especially, as you say, given the state of the World...but then I guess to some people it means more than their actual country. It's only a symbol,albeit supposedly a potent one, but there are far more important things to get upset about than a silly woman and some props!

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
As a servicemember I gotta that's some real hypocrasy and douchebaggery on her part.

As a young servicemember of 21, I gotta say, she's friggin hot in that picture! Dig baby Dig!

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Free Republic 2.0

The amount of butthurt and hypocrisy in this thread is simply delicious.

Obama bows = OMG OH NOES

Palin desecrates flag = She aint doin nuthin wrong, geterdun!!

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by reasonable
Not only has she taken part in using the flag as a cheap photo prop but she is even resting her arm on it. This is a complete outrage to all the brave men and women who serve our country.

I say you change your name, you are not being reasonable at all.

Its a piece of cloth, its not like she wiped her ass with it... Let it go, jesus.

lol @ this being an outrage to our service men.

[edit on 013030p://0911am by semperfoo]

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric
Free Republic 2.0

Obama bows = OMG OH NOES

Gotta love the 2 party system and their blind followers.

Personally I hope the dems and repubs tear each other apart to such a degree that we finally have a legitmate third party.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by semperfoo

Not only has she taken part in using the flag as a cheap photo prop but she is even resting her arm on it. This is a complete outrage to all the brave men and women who serve our country.

Its a piece of cloth, its not like she wiped her ass with it... Let it go, jesus.

I see "reasonable" is still swinging wildly.

Give it up. It's over. You lost.
Going Rogue is Number 1 at Amazon.com AND Barnes & Noble.
Run Sarah Run !!!

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   
What a relief she is leaning on it and not whizzing on it or crapping on it or stepping on it or burning it .

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

I see "reasonable" is still swinging wildly.

Give it up. It's over. You lost.
Going Rogue is Number 1 at Amazon.com AND Barnes & Noble.
Run Sarah Run !!!

And when Britney Spears new biography is launched it too will go #1
I lost? I don't see Palin in the White House do you? Closest thing she has to Air Force 1 is a book tour bus lmao.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Free Republic 2.0

Obama bows = OMG OH NOES

Personally I hope the dems and repubs tear each other apart to such a degree that we finally have a legitmate third party.

Amen to that. Now what can we do to speed things up a bit?
Hey Mr. Lefty guess what? The Righties have gotten together and are shooting your pet dogs with those awful, awful guns,. You better go do something about it.
Hey Mr. Righty the Lefties are going around stealing the batteries from your pickups and SUVs to get back at you for polluting. Your not just gonna sit there and take it are you?

The rest of us can stand around yelling "fight fight fight!"

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by calstorm

Free Republic 2.0

Obama bows = OMG OH NOES

Amen to that. Now what can we do to speed things up a bit?
Hey Mr. Lefty guess what? The Righties have gotten together and are shooting your pet dogs with those awful, awful guns,. You better go do something about it.
Hey Mr. Righty the Lefties are going around stealing the batteries from your pickups and SUVs to get back at you for polluting. Your not just gonna sit there and take it are you?

The rest of us can stand around yelling "fight fight fight!"

I meant to star you, but I accidently starred reasonable, dammit!

I seriously am starting to feel like im not apart of this country anymore, thanks in large two these two parties and their idealogies.... Or maybe its the other way around. Its confusing! I just wanna make a comfortable living, mind my own business, and live my life...enough with the partisan politics!

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Well unless we get a 3rd party in office people like us are out of luck. and we are stuck watching the ability to live our lives in peace slowley wither away no matter what side is in.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 04:21 AM
link   
I'm sorry, but am I the only one who finds Palin the hottest MILF ever?

I do find it funny that people can burn the American flag, drag it through the dirt and disrespect it in every way imaginable can get away with it with people saying, "That's freedom of expression" yet when a politician places her forearm on it, with no malcontent (AFAIK) does it, people are demanding a formal apology.

Peace,
FK

P.S.
Pictures saved to my spank bank.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 04:24 AM
link   
I hate her. YEah, she's pretty but she got some uglies inside.

but I don't want her apolgizing for that or whatever - I'd mostly like to see politicians quit apologizing for little goof ups involved in being human and just go to work and fix some problems and ACT human.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   
The services are not the only ones entitled to the flag “We the people” (united states citizens) own the flag and as such, regardless of man woman or race, are entitled at birth and affirmed by the first amendment to do as we please with our flag. Americans burn the flag, do I like it? No, but I respect their right to do as they please with “their” flag. It is the very principle the flag stands for liberty and freedom.

“ Liberty is a concept of political philosophy and identifies the condition in which an individual has the right to act according to his or her own will. In feudal times, a liberty was an area of allodial land in which regalian rights had been waived.”
en.wikipedia.org...

Freedom is the right to act according to ones will without being held up by the power of others. From a philosophical point of view, it can be defined as the capacity to determine your own choices. It can be defined negatively as an absence of subordination, servitude and constraint.
en.wikipedia.org...(philosophy)

-Al

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whine Flu

Originally posted by OldDragger

What do you expect from someone that wants to seceed from the USA?
She's talked about how close she is to Russia, I suspect she's closer than she let's on! IF, you know what I mean!

Heh heh...

...Like, 'cause she's from Alaska and all, right?

No, because she is a major supporter of the Alaskan Separatist Movement.

Her husband is a member of the Alaskan Independent Party and she, as (a Republican) Governor, gave a keynote speech at the Alaskan Independent Party conference. The sole aim of the AIP is to secede from the Union.

(Oh, and because she spent at least two years in Moscow.)

And there is an even more sickening Palin/flag photo here.

The nerve of the woman, using the sacred flag, as a blanket!

[edit on 18/11/2009 by rnaa]

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Oh please..............................................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

how much more b.s. can you toss at this women??????

this stupid picture is on the cover of newsweek......

what a bunch of losers.....

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ferris.Bueller.II

Source:

www.runnersworld.com...

Not only has she taken part in using the flag as a cheap photo prop but she is even resting her arm on it. This is a complete outrage to all the brave men and women who serve our country. I demand she issue a formal apology to the American people immediately. This is a disgusting outrage.

Sounds a bit like political baiting.

Wonder where the mods are on this one?

Hmmm.

And rageing that Obama did not salute the flag is not political baiting?

Can you show me where I did that? I'd like to see that. Thank you.

Here it is, you taking a dig at Obama using Golf excuse.
second line

Originally posted by nixie_nox
Because if the man had to stop and honor every historical event then he couldn't function as president. (no predictable puns and attacks needed here)

Seriously, every day has probably 10 historical events. Just because it is one you happened to focus on, doesn't make it the limelight.

Doesn't seemed to have affected his time on the links much though.

Obama catches up to Bush on the golf links

President Obama has already caught up with predecessor George W. Bush in one area: Rounds of golf.

The Oval's good friend Mark Knoller of CBS News reports that Obama on Sunday played his 24th round of golf since his inauguration Jan. 20 -- matching Bush's presidential total, which he racked up in two years and 10 months.

Priorities, I guess.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   

reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

I'm referring to the frothing at the mouth right wing cabal that runs rampant on this site. And BTW maybe I should report your avatar for political baiting...

I don't see any difference between them and the frothing at the mouth left wing cabal that runs rampant on this site. You should report my avatar. It's what I'd expect, especially after this thread.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   
A flag is rag you put up a pole...yer it has meaning and spirit in the ideal of the symbol...but for goodness sakes you clowns are unbelievable.

Children dying in the USA due to no health care, people living on streets because of corporate greed, invasions and occupation of foreign lands, rape of the land and environment, guns, gangs, rape, abortion, famine need I go on....and you are making a fuss over this?!?!?!?

Forget it.......... keep doing you nazi salute to the flag while robotically chanting the pledge of allegiance. It is so much more important to perform a ceremony than actually do anything meaningful....

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Flag or Koran, who cares? It's not like you cant get a billion Chinese people to print up another for a nickle.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join