It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin rests her arm on the American flag! I'm calling for a formal apology.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by esdad71

You are really taking things to the extreme don't you think? The only reason I responded to your post in a dismissive fashion is because you decided to personally attack me for my personal opinions of Sarah Palin. Did I take it too far? Perhaps, but I have the right to do so. Did I attack you in any way? No I did not.

Since my down syndrome statement seems to anger you the most, I will address that first. I am not making fun of any person with down syndrome. If you were appalled that I was making fun of rocks with down syndrome then being upset would be justified.

My best friend has a cousin who has down syndrome. His name is Wesley, I'm not going to go on about how close I am to him because that I would be untrue and insincere. He did however work for me at a restaurant I managed for a year and a half, and was one of the nicest people I have ever met. The only way I could ever understand what he said was to look at what he was pointing at, count the syllables as he spoke them, and infer the rest. He's a good guy, and even if I didn't care about anyone else with down syndrome, I care about him.

I wouldn't want to do anything to offend, which is why I chose to convey my feelings about SP's intelligence to that of a rock with down syndrome. A rock is an inanimate object already devoid of intelligence, and a down syndrome rock in some way would be even more unintelligent. Whether you agree with me or not, the statement was not meant to offend those who know or are related to those with down syndrome.

On to the next one. I don't believe SP desecrated the flag. However, I also don't believe that she should be receiving nearly as much public attention as she does. She might be a fine individual, but I don't believe she should be in any type of leadership position, and I don't believe she is nearly as smart as her supporters would like her to believe. On the national stage, she has done little to nothing to earn my respect.

As for her looking "hot" in the picture. Well she certainly is attractive, I also believe that is one of the only things she has going for her.

You can call me names and hate me all you want but in reality, I'm not a bad guy. In fact I'm probably one of the most civil people you'll meet on this site. I simply cannot stand Sarah Palin, and I absolutely have the right to that opinion, and I have the right to express that opinion. You do not have to agree with me. If you felt my post was in poor taste you could have chose to ignore it, or tell me that you felt my post was in poor taste without resorting to personal insults or name calling.

If I legitimately angered you I apologize, but if you are simply trying to start a fight because you are one of the die hard SP fanatics please understand that you are not going to lure me into a heated argument about something that I only care to throw a few sentences at. I am only responding in length here because I felt the need to defend myself as a person. You can hate my previous comments all you want, but there is no need to assume I am a certain kind of person simply because I detest one politician.

If/When I see you in another thread I'm not going to feel any animosity towards you. If you choose to dislike me because of one post where I did a little venting and expressed my opinions of Sarah Palin, that is entirely up to you.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Osiris1953
She's about as intelligent, tactful, or important as a box of down syndrome rocks.

I had to star this. This is one of the best comments I've read on ATS so far.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Whine Flu

Thank you. I didn't expect people to get so upset about it though. Just speaking my mind.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by reasonable
Source:

www.runnersworld.com...

Not only has she taken part in using the flag as a cheap photo prop but she is even resting her arm on it. This is a complete outrage to all the brave men and women who serve our country. I demand she issue a formal apology to the American people immediately. This is a disgusting outrage.

Sounds a bit like political baiting.

Wonder where the mods are on this one?

Hmmm.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by reasonable

i want an apology from this guy too

www.corbisimages.com...

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ferris.Bueller.II

Source:

www.runnersworld.com...

Not only has she taken part in using the flag as a cheap photo prop but she is even resting her arm on it. This is a complete outrage to all the brave men and women who serve our country. I demand she issue a formal apology to the American people immediately. This is a disgusting outrage.

Hmmm.

And rageing that Obama did not salute the flag is not political baiting?

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

Though I don't agree with the OP, I don't see anything wrong with this thread's existence. People have strong opinions on both sides of the political fence.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Osiris1953

Actually I am taking nothing to the extreme but simply engaging in conversation. You did not offend me but you did offend offend more than 30 million people since 1 in every 1000 births can produce a child with Downs. How does that feel?

So you choose to use an inanimate object that just happens to have the same affliction as her grandson? then you attempt a simple psychological out by stating you know someone with the same affliction. This is akin to someone saying " I have black friends". It is a hollow statement Osiris. Why not call your former employee and tell him your joke. go for it.

I have no animosity towards you but I do feel strongly that one should not attack another family especially when there is a physical and/or mental afflication that one can make fun off which is what you did and now you are backpedaling.

So by your own account she did nothing wrong in the picture but still you choose to make a statement which means that you have nothing but hate for her and that is your platform. You make a decision based on what? Are you a governor? Have you attained close to what she has by her hard work ? Nope. You feel she does not deserve the attention when it is those who did not want to give her the attention that are propagating her image with the magazine cover.

Everyone has the right to an opinion and that is not what i am debating. I am debating the fact that you used Downs syndrome as a personal platform to attack someone you simply do not like. That is the problem. It is sick but it is the unfair tactic that is used by those who want to promote their own platform and do not care who is hurt in the process.

No ill feeling at all. I am also one of the most civil people you could encounter and I am not trying to bait you. I was simply hoping you would apologize for the statement made but since you seem to have a star following i guess that is out of the question as not to upset the minions who would agree would you.

Rock on and I am sure we will see each other again in these hallowed threads.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whine Flu

Originally posted by Osiris1953
She's about as intelligent, tactful, or important as a box of down syndrome rocks.

I had to star this. This is one of the best comments I've read on ATS so far.

take away Down's Syndrome and it is funny. It is that easy to avoid conflict but if you wander down that road be prepared for the fallout.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ferris.Bueller.II

Source:

www.runnersworld.com...

Hmmm.

And rageing that Obama did not salute the flag is not political baiting?

Can you show me where I did that? I'd like to see that. Thank you.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by esdad71

I dunno, I like it much better with the Down's Syndrome part. In saying that, just because I find that funny doesn't mean I laugh at people that actually have it. I think it's unfair that those born with those conditions have to live with something that they didn't choose to have.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Whine Flu

Why not a bunch of Crack rocks? I would think that would be so much funnier than making fun of children who have no choice. Crack heads, they do...

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

I'm referring to the frothing at the mouth right wing cabal that runs rampant on this site. And BTW maybe I should report your avatar for political baiting...

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Maybe I need a refresher course on flag etiquette but I don't think I remember reading anything that deals with elbows.

1) I don't see her shoe on the flag
2) nor do I see the any part of the flag touching the ground.

Now if she were wearing short shorts made out of the stars and stripes, the OP might have had a legitimate gripe.

...dang she's still hot!

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by esdad71

You could say that, but I find that makes it rather unfunny. It's kinda like if someone told a white joke or something.

"Why did the white man use a washing machine?

To wash his clothes!"

See? It's too bland. Way too bland.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whine Flu
reply to post by esdad71

You could say that, but I find that makes it rather unfunny. It's kinda like if someone told a white joke or something.

"Why did the white man use a washing machine?

To wash his clothes!"

See? It's too bland. Way too bland.

Are you trying to make this a racial issue or are you saying only black people are crack addicts? Why is it a white man doing his laundry? That is extremely racist and is quite offensive. Is that what you meant?

Dumb as a box of rocks is a very well known phrase. It is as simple as that. Downs was used because of her personal connection to someone with Downs being her grandson. If you cannot see that it is sad.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by reasonable

Right wing cabal on this site...
Are you new? Maybe you should check out the 9/11 forums.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by esdad71

Whoa, what?!

That's one hell of a way to (dis)connect the dots. I don't wish to discuss this any further. I'm not racist, I don't hate the impaired, I don't affiliate myself with left or right wing factions, I don't listen to Christian rock, I am not religious, I am not certain of what to believe and I do not know what we really are!

For the record, I don't collect stamps either. And no, it's not because I'm a racist.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by esdad71

Without being funny, or offensive, I can honestly say that my former employee would not understand the joke in the first place. However, I don't think that his family would be particularly offended, since it is concerning rocks and not human beings. The reason I stated that I wasn't that close to him was meant to convey that it was not a " I have a black friend" type of statement. I can see how you could have taken it that way however.

The point of this is... I had no idea her grandchild had down syndrome. I'm not saying I would have worded the line any differently, but I honestly didn't know. Even if I had known, the intention was to insult Sarah, not the rest of her family. I don't care about them enough one way or the other to want to insult them. They're fine by me.

Anyhow, I don't want to derail this thread any further.

Have a nice night guys.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
The attacks on Palin are being directed by the MSM - surely that must ring a bell for people?

Its fair to say in 100% of cases, that the MSM do not have your best interests at heart.

I suggest people have a good look at what Palin is doing, and what she has done - I have a feeling she is annoying TPTB - perhaps she is even a threat to them.

Anways - she is hot - so lay off

Seriously - I know not too much about her - but if she is talking about succession - then surely that is a punch in the face to the power elite, and is something every state should be working towards.

If the states just remove themselves from the US gov, and Fed - then the power of the elite falls in a pile.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join