It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin rests her arm on the American flag! I'm calling for a formal apology.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
To quote Vonnegut:

And so it goes.

This thread is unbelievable! How can so many of you miss a point that is clearly explained to you? You may not agree with the OP's point, but for the life of me I don't get why you can't understand it!

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
While I admit it really is low on the list of priorities and there are much more important things to be worried about:

This is for what it's worth, a violation of the way the American flag is supposed to be handled. If it is sitting on a table it should be folded into a triangle, even better placed in a closed container. It should always either be hoisted or folded, or in transit from one state or the other. NEVER just laying there, tossed onto the table.

Funny how every argument against that basically boils down to "could be worse," could be taking a dump on it, could be burning it.

Maybe it's just different with me because I'm an anti-war conservative that isn't impressed by Palin. Plus I haven't been spending much time on forums lately.

But I agree 100% that there are much more pressing issues at hand.

[edit on 19-11-2009 by Novise]

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Don't worry she has an excuse! Shes ignorant. Oh wait, ignorance of the law is no excuse now is it!? HMMM!!! Burn the Byotch.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by HotSauce
reply to post by reasonable

Oh like the crybaby left is any better. They spent 8 years bashing Bush on everything they could find and then when they couldn't find anything they started making stuff like Bush did 911. I guess it is true what they say, payback is a biatch!

[edit on 17-11-2009 by HotSauce]

Bush did not commit 9-11. He was the dimwit they put out in front. Nothing more.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
When you consider conservatives pilloried Obama for neglecting to wear his flag lapel pin one day, saying he was un-American, then certainly the left can complain about Sarah using the flag as an armrest.

Tit for tat.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whine Flu
Goddamnit, (some of) you Americans can get so uptight over the silliest of things sometimes.

Please dismiss this comment if the thread was just a lighthearted one, but if this is serious, then this is just concerning. The world's going to hell in a handbasket and you can only feel outraged by a dimwit politician resting their arm on American flag.

[edit on 17-11-2009 by Whine Flu]

It isn't about "that".

It is about people not running for office because they like their country and truly want to make it better...

Whether I am wrong in that or not, this is what it feels like. Obviously, crap like this has been happening for quite some time.

I do not know if I would collapse under the pressure of endless benefits of being a politician, but there are many great folk out there who would do a hell of a better job than everyone in office.

We need the people who will go to the end of the world just so everyone else can live better.

And it is sad that the media only portrays a handful of people...

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Speaking of Klobuchar, she personally sowed the American flag that flies from the White House. She's currently working on sewing the biggest American flag for Guinness but is being distracted by her on-political career, her book being a best seller and her work with orphans with diseases.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by CuriousSkeptic
Speaking of Klobuchar, she personally sowed the American flag that flies from the White House. She's currently working on sewing the biggest American flag for Guinness but is being distracted by her on-political career, her book being a best seller and her work with orphans with diseases.

Dude, she finished 10 minutes before you even posted this

Ye of so little faith

Liberals beware of the scorching wildfire flames racing across this nation - if you smell the smoke it is to late, Klobucher has burned you down to the ground!

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Disrespectful?

Unamerican?

How about athletes when they wrap the flag around them and run around the track?

What about wrestlers who wave it around the ring on tv then drop it on the ring mat?

What about pot smoking swimmers who hoist it then let it drag the ground behind them?

It seems more accurate to say many of you who "feel its disrespectful" feel that way ONLY because it's palin in the photo.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
So I was just going to put this out there:

I just ordered 20 brand new American flags (from China) and I am totally making a rug, or maybe a comforter?

I think I am going to make a pair of boxers too.

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join