It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange feeling, over heating, energy people?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Dear all,
I know the title, sounds very confusing, and dont know how to explain this..
The last few weeks, i have noticed something.. a strange feeling, which I have not had in the past, and cant relate to it.
I work at a supermarket on the saturday, and it is often very busy there.
When it is hectic, and alot of people around..
I get this strange, *no words* feeling in me, I get realy warm inside, like im burning, sometimes I feel alot of rage inside me building up to, and get realy tense. and feels like I feel energy flows? If that makes sense..
The feeling will pass again, after 10 minutes, but perhaps later randomly be there again.
Id like to know more about this, and perhaps learn to control this.
I know it sounds realy strange, but think I might feel other peoples energy flows? is this possible? since we all have energy fields..
Hope for some good, helpfull answers..

-What is this?
-Can I control it?
-Is it usefull?
-Or is it all just a bunch of bulllock xD

thanks all!

Edit: I am a male, 18 years old.
And I do normally not get so nervous around people, I like leading and helping them, and dont think its anxiety or sorts of that
[edit on 17-11-2009 by TheFearless]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I think it would help knowing if you are a male or female.

an easy explanation might be around the corner.

[edit on 17-11-2009 by Grey Magic]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
That May Be me and my Dad 'SoL' trying to help you. Just be careful with how You Express Your Emotions. What One might Call Rage, may just be a Build up of Kinetic Energy. Of Course that is just my Humble Opinion. Hopefully, it helps.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TheFearless

i get these feelings in crowds or around a lot of people, but have always passed it off as being nervous more or less. i get an irrational fear of crowds despite being around them my whole life. same with speaking in public, despite having done that quite a lot as well.

they have also been linked in my head to rage and anger.

but maybe we do pick up on energies.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Not to downplay what you may think you're experiencing, but I get the same feeling in crowded areas. I assumed it was some sort of panic attack or perhaps an artifiact of some phobia I may have regarding busy and somewhat enclosed spaces. Or maybe I'm picking up on some anomalous energies...anything's possible.

I get this feeling worst in Ikea. I absolutely hate that place. My wife and I rarely go, but when we do it's usually on the weekend when everyone else decides to go. There's nothing quite like being trapped in a maze 2km long with about 500 other people. I feel the same burning and rage, and I can't seem to catch my breath. I literally have to go off to some quite corner and take a few deep breaths. Malls aren't as bad because there's more space to work with, and the exits are clearly visible.

Anyway, I do know that energy connects us all, both mentally and physically, but this particular experience is more than likely our unique inability to cope with crowds in small spaces.

[edit on 17/11/09 by Evasius]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Thanks for all answers so far

I edited my post a little, so you know a little more about me as a person.
Gotta sleep now, its already 12. Hope to see some great answers tomorrow like these ;D
*tomorrow I will post more feedback, on the answers so far =] thanks all, keep it coming*

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by iamsupermanv2

Or Maybe Everyone can, but they Just don't Know How. Just a Thought.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Evasius

Evasius,

Its a pleasure to be Able to Offer you some Much desired Advice. You are Wickedly Intelligent when It comes to the Whole Time Wave and Novelty. Though, I personally feel that you Try a little Too Hard to Analyze something that can only be Felt.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
You sound empathic to me. Not in the normal definition of the word, but the psychic one. Where other people's energies are absorded and you will feel everyones rush, stress, anger. Too many people are draining and can cause anger.

Try googling empathic traits. See if you fit.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   

I think you may just be sensitive to the energies that others give off. You have not conformed yet to the norms of what to listen to and what to ignore when it comes to human senses. As you get older, the stresses of having to conform to a society that expects much and delivers little, will in effect blind you to the information that your senses are always subtly streaming to you.

I would be careful not to consider the feeling rage, maybe frustration, confusion but rage - if it is rage could just be someone else’s and you are in effect picking up the stresses of other people around you in a crowded environment. I think you might benefit from learning some simple meditations and if it works for you then proceed to something that suits you better.

I only responded to this thread because your symptoms struck a chord with me and I actually avoid crowds because I feel like I’m drowning, but I used to suffer from terrible flashbacks due to PTSD so the similarity is probably just superficial.

I would see your sensitivity as something to work at enhancing; the benefits could be life changing for you at a spiritual level and be a powerful tool you could use in many aspects of your life, present and future.

As a footnote I think it might be a good idea to also get yourself checked out with your local GP just in case there is a medical reason for the symptoms you describe.
Take care

[edit on 17-11-2009 by SmokeJaguar67]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Im a traditional chinese medicine practitioner (TCM) (as in acupuncture, etc), and your symptoms are easily explainable in light of TCM.

I suggest you seek a good TCM therapist near you, there are very high changes you would find great relief from those symptoms, or even not having them any more.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Thank you all for the answers, surely some things to research and look into..

If it is, that I am an Empath (checked it out, and it matches with me)
What can i possible do with this?
Any tips, advices to learn and control it?

Or is it just, a little useless in some way.

*sorry for answering so short, just very very busy lately*
Do realy apreciate the answers.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Keeping your Emotions under control isn't as Difficult as People try to make it seem. I've Personally found that controlling One's breathing is the best way to keep your Feelings in Check. The most useful Technique I've come across is Inhaling through the Nose and Exhaling through the Mouth. This gives you Conscious Awareness of Self and Oxygenates your Blood.

It's not Truly something to Use. It's more like an Unidentified Sense. You may find that Totally Strangers find you to be Comforting. They may pour their Heart out to you at the Slightest Inclination. The Best advice that I can give is to listen to what they have to say. Sometimes this is a way for your 'SoL' to Experience things without risking Damage to your Flesh.

I Hope that Helps and that you Enjoy your Day.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
You should work at Wal-Mart instead...

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by JacobTeDreamerIV.

Keeping your Emotions under control isn't as Difficult as People try to make it seem. I've Personally found that controlling One's breathing is the best way to keep your Feelings in Check. The most useful Technique I've come across is Inhaling through the Nose and Exhaling through the Mouth. This gives you Conscious Awareness of Self and Oxygenates your Blood.

It's not Truly something to Use. It's more like an Unidentified Sense. You may find that Totally Strangers find you to be Comforting. They may pour their Heart out to you at the Slightest Inclination. The Best advice that I can give is to listen to what they have to say. Sometimes this is a way for your 'SoL' to Experience things without risking Damage to your Flesh.

I Hope that Helps and that you Enjoy your Day.

I agree with the above - I am amazed at how many people don't actually know how to breathe properly but I put this down to a result of the current society we live in (and it's influence on us in our daily lives).

What you describe sounds like your body reacting to other stronger forces outside your comfort zone that have come into close proximity to you and as you have never felt them before your body reacted in the way it did to give you an indicator (or a warning) - it's how our biological machines work.

Most likely your latent empathic abilities are surfacing or becoming more prominent (probably due to your self awareness increasing) and you accidentally picked up on someone else's emotions - I wouldn't be surprised if some "joe nobody" had a really bad day, came to the supermarket with all the emotions still bubbling away and he inadvertently exposed you to the energy.

The other side to this is the way we are in this day and age - we as humans do not deal with our range of emotions anymore, rather we tend to be polar and switch between one emotion to another creating extreme changes, anger is a normal response and contrary to belief can be of benefit when channeled correctly (like fear).

I am quite an aggressive person in the way I work and due to my active involvement in mixed martial arts and body building - I am very much a polar person where in my day job as a software architect I am quite placid on a personal level (if a little aggressive in my actions) but I have this polar side to me where I exhibit an awful lot of rage and anger.

However through my training, expressive work like art and my daily work I have a much better handle on it and when I get the odd feeling (in my case I feel like someone has put something hot near my skin) I just breathe deeply a few times (in through the nose, out through the mouth) which helps me assess my situation more calmly and then focus on how to react (whether more aggressively or with more patience).

Humans have a vast and complex range of emotions, these are tied into how we work our internal energy against the external environment but we as humans have lost touch with our empathic side which is a shame...

Anyway get your breathing right, do some basic exercise if only once a week and you will find your body is much more in balance and you better able to react in a more calm and focused way the next time.

[edit on 29-11-2009 by old_god]

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheFearless
Thank you all for the answers, surely some things to research and look into..

If it is, that I am an Empath (checked it out, and it matches with me)
What can i possible do with this?
Any tips, advices to learn and control it?

Or is it just, a little useless in some way.

*sorry for answering so short, just very very busy lately*
Do realy apreciate the answers.

Being an empath is something that kind of improves itself overtime, as you get used to the feeling of energy you can pick out what is what. The most important thing is not to let yourself feel to much negative energy. Its a bit hard to describe, if you can feel energy you will notice that negative energy can make you sick if to much is taken in. What i am trying to say is that it is important that you have a way to filter it out quickly.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I get like that too. I get overheated at the bank. I get a itchy throat and sometime cough uncontrollably at the grocery store at the deli section. I blame it on too much learning about world issues and not enough living in it for real. It's all in my head and I control it by balancing the things I do in life. Read less, get out more.

top topics

join