It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Hello Above Top Secret Member" (pop-up)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Is anyone else getting this pop-up?
On the bottom of the page, is says it is "not affiliated w/ATS."
1st question: Where do you usually get on the internet from?
At home
At work
At a public computer?
Other (specify)

I closed the page without clicking anywhere.

Anyone?

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Elostone

I've never seen a pop up here, I find them highly offensive.

Usually it's market data research for ads. If you ever bother to fill one out and then cancel before finishing they start to ask questions about geography and income.

[edit on 17-11-2009 by Seiko]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I have never seen a pop up either. I log in from home.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I am grateful for having been born into a family that was loving, but also practiced a healthy degree of skepticism and mistrust of people wanting to pry into your business.

I never answer surveys or questionnaires unless it is to support a cause I believe in -- certainly not ones that someone on-line is conducting without having been invited.

I am sufficiently weird to only skew their statistics anyway, and am super frugal and not about to be swindled into believing some "tailored" add that the survey will result in being sent my way.

... grumbling curmudgeon shuffles off while cache is being erased ....

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I am getting a pop-up it is getting blocked, but it gets enough of a foot hold to start d-loading something.
I tend to get it when I 1st enter a thread"but not all threads", I never see it but get the warning from my software, that it was blocked.
I usually still get to hear it, the voice or sound gets through, and usually 10 items, it freezes my PC until its done.

This is all fairly recent, the last month or so, up until then I never ever had a pop-up that could overcome my current settings.
Guess its time to re-evaluate something....

[edit on 18-11-2009 by Doc Holiday]

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Had to reboot my laptop a couple of hours ago. Multiple virus warnings when opening looking through a thread.
In the past 5 minutes had another virus warning

Have only been on ATS since reboot ???

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Yesterday I clicked on a link that was posted by a member who was replying on a thread that I was interested in. When the link popped up the page was there but at the top ,one of those "you are the xxx number guest on this site and you win xxx" pop ups appeared. Then suddenly I was attacked by another site purporting to be an anti virus program and started running a scan on my computer. I tried to navigate away and close the window and several other things. I finally had to shut down. At the time I was using Firefox 3.5.5 on Telus with their security, also running Spybot with teatimer and the popup blocker only allowing popups from ATS. After I restarted I immediately reported the entire thing to staff here with the names of the posters and what thread I was on. This was not done to implicate them but to point the problem out with enough information for this site to investigate. The posters are people who have posted links before that I have clicked on with no problems before therefore I believe there was something else involved. If we all participate in reporting these problems with as much info as we can I'm sure that we can help to keep this site running the way it should to continue to be the site that we all love to visit.

top topics

join