It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black residue? Def. Not mold or mildew...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Hi,

My friend and I are currently facing the same type of situation.
Over the past week or so we have been working together on a project in his living room in the evenings only to find BLUE powdery residue left behind the next day.

This has happened twice so far, once on the carpet in rectangular shapes and another time on the wall only in a swirl formation. There is no explanation for this powdery substance. Even if someone in the household is sleep walking there is nothing in the house that is bright blue and powdery.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ls1cameric

Ok, Do you have kids? Do you live near a construction site or a dirt road? Is your home near water? Has someone been using your potty as a make shift meth lab? Do you have a rat in your bathroom ceiling? Is someone eating snacks in your bathroom at night? Is someone hiding in your house? Go check! Just some ideas for you.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Statically charged toilet seat and asbestos particulate floating in the air?

I don't know, this is definitely not paranormal, I've had to wipe grey dust off a car that wouldn't wash off (no chemtrail, someone was cutting tiles or degrouting in the parking garage). Get a sample and take it to a laboratory?

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I've been digging and I found this site where many people claim to have a similar problem. The consensus is that the blackness could be due to the breakdown of rubber somewhere in the system. As this is the best solution given on the site there still remains no definitive answer. One way to eliminate the possibility of rubber is to fill a cup with water from the toilet and let it evaporate. If the black residue shows up in the cup after all the water has evaporated then at least you've narrowed down your search for the culprit.

Someone also mentioned a blue residue. Here is a site that explains it could be caused by higher than normal levels of acid or chlorine in the water reacting with the copper pipes.

Hope this helps!

[edit on 17-12-2009 by ListenD]

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
hmmm..... maybe ectoplasm?
i too have a problem with ghosts and ectoplasm.
my bedroom is haunted and i often find ectoplasm residue in and on my bed.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Sounds like a problem with your heat exchange (substance could be settling on the toilet over night, and you might be in danger of some sort of garbage in the air) . If the toilet seat is new, then there might be something on your rear end skin that is affecting the chemicals on the seat? I would try dousing the seat overnight in some sort of cleaning agent like a Lysol spray, or Zap! which is an all-purpose cleaner. If the black stuff still appears in the morning, it might have something to do with the construction of the ceiling or something of that nature.

The back bedroom: If you ALWAYS feel creeped out back there, then might I suggest having a qualified electrician come in to do an EMF sweep of that room. Electromagnetic fields have been known to make someone feel very bad and as if someone is watching them. When my grandparents' house was rewired a few years ago, I always felt creeped out in a certain bedroom upstairs, and it turned out (using my own Tri-Field Meter) that there was a massive spike in EMF in that particular room. The electrician came back and figured out that he had inadvertently crossed a few wires in the walls in that room that caused the massive spike. Needless to say, we were lucky the place didn't burn down. He fixed it, and then we blacklisted him with the BBB because apparently he had done the same thing to several other people in the area and one almost lost their home to electrical fire.

As far as the ham goes, maybe the ghost is hungry and wants to make a sammich?

If you have access to one, set up a video camera in front of your fridge before you go to bed at night and see if someone or some*thing* opens up your fridge.

This seems like an open and shut case, and I would call an HVAC repair/inspector to come in and check your heating system, and definitely get a sample of the residue on your toilet and send it off to a lab, as that may be your best bet at figuring out what it is.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
You said the house is brand new--do you have tile in your bathroom? Do you have tile on the walls? If so, what color is the grout? Is it possible that some grout dust may have settled? Has anybody been mixing grout for a project? Has anybody been bumping into walls lately? Has anybody been in the attic or on the roof? What kind of ceiling have you got in the bathroom?

As for the ham, go take a look at it. Zip it up and see if the sides aren't linking up quite right. When bags like that aren't zipping up like they're designed (and it's a common thing for them to start zipping up a little bit off), air will slowly seep in and the bag will open up all the way.

As for feeling uncomfortable in the back room, I agree with the person who mentioned excessive EMF, although spikes aren't usually common in new homes, I don't think. Could be something you have hooked up back there?

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I was attracted to answering your request for information regarding your problem. My neighbour is paranormally affected in various ways and her bedroom became massively full of such a black sometimes blue to grey greasy powder such as you have described. It was over and on and in everything. Just in that one room. No where else. I did not want to frighten the poor girl so I simply observed the situation with out making any comments that could have frightened her. She thought that it was a mould or fungus spores and brought in the landlord [local authority] to fix what to them represented a health hazard. They installed an air extractor to freshen up the air inside the room. As the landlord the law requires that they [local authority] fix it.
My experience tells me that it is a mark of paranormal activity in her house. I have paranormal activity too. It seems to eminate from the bricks and mortar that constitutes both her house and my house. For example. She is in the hospital. I know her house is empty. I know that her rooms are empty except for her pet cat sleeping in his bed. However never the less I can hear activity in her rooms. Even voices. It is loud and clear. Not something that might be the wind or whatever.
She suffers epilepsy [the reason for going into hospital] which traditionally is interpreted as being paranormal activity affecting the psyche of the person. I know from the time before she moved in next door to me that her house is full of an evil psychic entity. These entity were causing the previous inhabitant to behave insanely. Their bad conduct was cause for eviction. This girl is having problems too. However since it is a girl in there now that does make a difference. Both she and I together are slowly but surely giving the house a psychic cleansing. Her epilepsy is now reduced. The black/blue/grey stuff is not showing up anymore.
Obviously people will say that these manifestations are easy to explain. Mould or fungal spores. Epilepsy is brain chemistry. But to suggest thus is just shallow thinking. Not real science. If we examine deeper I can see paranormal forces are making these manifestations. In similar cases else where it is sometimes the case that the manifestation is visible to one person but invisible to the other person. My neighbour is of the opinion that my house is full of "dirt" and increadibly "wet". Actually I cannot see what she is seeing. According to her the paintwork in my house is disgustingly covered in "grime". This "grime" is invisible to me and is sounding like the stuff that you found on your toilet seat. Obviously my house is haunted and it might be that what my neighbour is seeing [grime] is her psychic ability manifesting it self. With out even realizing it she is a psychic. I realised my own psychic ability years ago. She is younger than me so might develop psychic ability with my assistance.
You should set up surveillance camera through out the house and record things 24/7. Set up audio microphones too. Recording 24/7. See what the equipment shows. Do not be surprised to record poltergiest activity. Every house is haunted.

[edit on 31/1/2010 by CAELENIUM]

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Pretty simple explanation. The toilet seat was wiped down either with a chemical or toilet paper containing aloe or something. Something in your ventilation system blew out and adhered to it, or caused some sort of shemical reaction turning the residue a blackish gray color. Hair Dye? Or some sort of medium for a bacteria or fungus causing propagation?

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Did you take Pepto Bismol? I take it for nausea, and everything that comes out the other end is black. Also makes my mouth all black, my tongue and teeth and gums.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I know this is an old thread, but I thought I comment....

This problem is probably caused by the use of "solvent free" building products!

There is a Norwegian site dedicated to this phenomenon...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join