It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Raids At Newspapers Circulation Offices

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Raids At Newspapers Circulation Offices

www.myfoxny.com

MYFOXNY.COM - Investigators in New York City raided circulation offices at some of the nation's largest newspapers Tuesday as part of a union corruption probe, a law enforcement official said.

Police officers working with the Manhattan district attorney's office searched circulation offices of The New York Times in Queens, the New York Post and the Daily News in Manhattan, and El Diario in Brooklyn, the official said, speaking to The Associated Press on the condition of anonymity because the investigation is ongoing.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Hello guys,

Just saw this on TV, did a quick internet search, and apparently this is fox news' big story for 5'Oclock news.

I just finished reading the story. They seem to claim that this union is under MOB control, and that's why the warrants were issued, but it doesn't claim what exactly what they have been charged for.

IMO shouldn't they be trying to get rid of the mobsters in Washington rather than go after this union?

www.myfoxny.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 11/17/2009 by ugie1028]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
What is surprising to me is that there is a union for newspaper boys.... That would never be allowed in Texas because from the time the papers leave the presses and hit the porches, stores and vending machines they are handled by independent contractors that often have to pay for and dispose of papers to provide the circulation figures needed to insure advertising sales for the newspaper company.... Do the union guys have to work 7 days a week like the contractors do down here?

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Well, the investigation is by NYPD, so they wouldn't go after DC (not that someone shouldn't tho lol)

But any idea why? Something about favoritism?

One focus of the investigation was whether union leaders abused seniority rules to promote favored insiders, according to a person familiar with the investigation.

Just sounds pretty aggressive to me, could they be mining for some 'terrorist' links?

Or do these unions have any connections to the SEIU and/or ACRON? Maybe they are following some leads there..which could end up getting deeper if thats the case.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
It is amazing how in this climate of political madness a local LEO raid against organized corruption can be turned into a national partisan political weapon!

What's next? The Whitehouse is responsible for the Sheriff's drug raid down the street from you in Mainstream USA, or the local PD prostitution sting across the tracks?

When will the madness end?

However, back to the OP, it will be interesting to get more of the details about his as the story continues to break.

Hopefully this will not affect actual operations at these circulation offices. After all, how is Wall Street supposed to function if people can't get their Wall Street Journal in a timely fashion?

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I so sense cover story for something else, it sounds so false ops to me, do not know why, maybe they are looking for sensitive information, which might , be embarassing to the Gvoernments off this world or the US.

I know, I know just speculating, this is a conspiracy site after al

new topics

top topics

join