It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Pneumonia vaccine shot good to get??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I know that the H1N1 vaccine has had its share of criticism, and the same goes with the flu shot. From the H1N1 most people died from pneumonia. So wouldn’t a pneumonia shot, be good instead of just getting the H1N1. Does anyone know of any adjuvant in the pneumonia vaccine?

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
vaccine insert merk

PNEUMOVAX* 23 (Pneumococcal Vaccine Polyvalent) is a sterile, liquid vaccine for intramuscular or subcutaneous injection. It consists of a mixture of highly purified capsular polysaccharides from the 23 most prevalent or invasive pneumococcal types of Streptococcus pneumoniae, including the six serotypes that most frequently cause invasive drug-resistant pneumococcal infections among children and adults in the United States.1 (See Table 1.) The 23-valent vaccine accounts for at least 90% of pneumococcal blood isolates and at least 85% of all pneumococcal isolates from sites which are generally sterile as determined by ongoing surveillance of U.S. data.2 PNEUMOVAX 23 is manufactured according to methods developed by the Merck Research Laboratories. Each 0.5 mL dose of vaccine contains 25 μg of each polysaccharide type in isotonic saline solution containing 0.25% phenol as a preservative.

Phenol is also known as carbolic acid. It is a toxic crystalline solid.

There are some stating right now that it will not help against h1n1. Though some say it can. Not enough is known for a definite answer. Take this information, and research. There's a good chance it could help fight the cytokine storm.

effect measure

edit, link just not working.

[edit on 17-11-2009 by Seiko]

[edit on 17-11-2009 by Seiko]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I received a pneumonia shot a few years ago does anyone know how long they last.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by keldas

It can last in healthy people up to 10 years. The mayo clinic says if you're over 65 to get it every 5 years.

This shot is muscular and not intravenous.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I will give you my very honest opinion on the pneumonia vacc. As I can attest to the fact that both of my children(now 5 & 8) have had the vacc a few years ago, my 8 yr old was hospitalized with a severe case of pneumonia at the age of 6, for 4 days. Then he got another severe bout of pneumonia again at the age of 7, exactly 1 yr. later, and was hospitalized again for 3 days. At that time, my now 5 yr. old had walking pneumonia. So, in my honest opinion, not sure in our case if the vacc did any good! On a side note, my 5 yr old just got his chickenpox vacc a few weeks ago. guess what happened??? yep!! was outta school for a week with chicken pox due to vacc!!! I advise every parent now to please, please think carefully before getting any vaccs. Just my opinion, but I hope I helped you. I am not allowing any of my children to get the h1n1 vacc. Wish you much luck and look forward to hearing your decision and maybe some input by other posters!! I'm sorry, I wanted to clarify that my children received their pneumonia vaccs BEFORE they got the pneumonia.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Both the vaccines are entirely different specimen so one aginst the other like pneumonia vaccine aginst swine flu will simply prove useless

Thanks
B???

join